• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XII: Un, Deux, Trois

Which is your favorite of Kanto's legendary bird trio?

• Total voters
Years
  • Oops... wrong language XD

Welcome to another Pokémon Poll of the Week, here in Pokémon General! These threads are pretty simple- pick a few options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. As always with these threads, we do ask that you follow our golden rule:
    Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon - tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may either be deleted, or be up for a warning/infraction.​
    This week's poll question was a Brendinosiris special, so I think a round of applause to me is in order for being such a fantastic poll idea... person! But for those of you that have suggested polls too, don't worry, I haven't forgot- I'm just spreading them out a bit until I get submissions more regularly, and can start using them every week. For those that do make suggestions though, you will be receiving an exclusive emblem if your idea gets used! If you'd like to submit your poll, just post or... wait- it's been two weeks. Isn't this supposed to be 'Poll of the Week', not 'Poll of the Every Other Week'?! Oh well. Anyway, post or leave me a message with a future POTW idea of your own, and if yours gets picked for the next thread, you'll also be the brand-new owner of that spiffy emblem!

Now with that out of the way, this week's poll question is:

"Which is your favorite of Kanto's legendary bird trio?"

This is a classic question, but one that deserves to be asked. The poll is only single choice this week, so be sure to think long and hard before making your vote!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My first choice is Zapdos, for sure.

Its appearance seems to be pretty nice to me, especially for a Pokémon like this one. Zapdos is meant to wield electricity and whatnot, and its wild-looking design helps representing that. On battling side of things, Zapdos could last a good amount of turns, depending on how we utilize it, and take down a handful of our opponent's team members.

Articuno is my second favorite, primarily due to its overall appearance. Out of the three, I feel this one is the most elegant.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I voted for Articuno. I've always liked Articuno more than the other birds, mainly due to its design, it just looks so beautiful. Other than that, I tend to favor Ice more than Electric and Fire.

Years
  • Articuno was who I voted for, because I love its design better than the other two, being more beautiful plus it's blue and I do love Ice-types. The other two birds aren't bad but they don't rank the same as Articuno for me.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I'm tossing up between Articuno and Moltres (says the guy with the Zapdos avatar...). I love both of their designs; both very majestic and regal. I've never used any of the three in-battle extensively so I can't comment on that, but I think based on aesthetic and my other experiences with them (eg Pokemon Stadium/Snap lol), Moltres is probably my favourite.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • The birds are my favorite legendary trio, I love all of them. Why are you so mean I can only pick one?
    I picked Articuno, because it was really useful in FireRed against Lance's dragons and to train other Pokémon along in the Nidoking and Nidoqueen double battle with Blizzard. With level 97 it is the highest level Pokémon I currently have.

Years
  • Moltres!! It's my favourite Legendary of all time :) The notion that a Moltres saved Blaine (who's my favourite Gym Leader) as well as the fact that it can learn two of my favourite moves (Sky Attack and Solarbeam) kinda solidifies my choice :)

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Zapdos's design is cool compared to the others (no offense, Articuno), and every time I play Mystery Dungeon, I'm reminded of this.
    MDP145.png

It's funny.

Years
  • Zapdos! It'll always have a place in my heart for being so, so helpful against the Kanto E4 in R/B/Y and FR/LG. Don't think I'd have gotten through the E4 otherwise and it became a staple of my E4 team afterwards with how much less tedious it made everything. Plus it's an electric type and it's my favorite, hehe.

In order of preference it's Zapdos, then Moltres, and finally Articuno. They're all pretty elegant, especially in the second movie, so the choice is pretty tough.

Sirfetch’d

They are all pretty great in all honesty but Articuno gets the nod from me! I have so many fond memories of catching it in Seafoam Isle and using it on my teams :3 It's design is so elegant and amazing too <3

Back