• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VII: Which Q is your A?

Which are your favorites?

• Total voters
Years
note: This was much harder to create using my phone than I expected it to be :[

Welcome to another Pokémon Poll of the Week, here in Pokémon General! These threads are pretty simple- pick a few options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. As always with these threads, we do ask that you follow our golden rule:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon - tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may either be deleted, or be up for a warning/infraction.​
Now with that out of the way, this week's poll question is:

"Of the Pokémon whose names starts with Q, which are your favourites?"

Remember- if you've ever got a fun idea for a PokéPOTW, don't hesitate to send it my way, either with your post, or in a VM/PM to myself. If your poll is selected, you'll even win a special emblem, so get creative!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Easily Quilava. While I love Chespin and Chesnaught, Quilladin is an abomination in the middle. Interestingly, I find Cyndaquil and Typhlosion also better than Quilava, but not at all with the same contrast. Quilava is qute 8) the others are meh.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I like all the Gen II ones lol so I just voted for them all. They all have pretty cool designs and are all pretty cute, and for Qwilfish I've always had a soft spot for it for some reason idk. I haven't used them extensively in battle so I can't comment on that, but I like them all in the games and when I used to watch the anime too. I like Quilladin more than Chesnaught but it's not quite on the others' level.

Years
I voted for all except Qwilfish... based on aethestic purposes and design.

The Cyndaquil line is my fave Johto starter, which explains my voting for Quilava who is the perfect balance between Cyndaquil's adorableness and Typhlosion's toughness.

Quagsire is my literal fave of this bunch, because it's got a good type combination and I also happen to have a shiny one in X, and he's special because I caught him on a day I was actually suffering a terrible breakdown because I thought I would have never been able to get onto PC again as I had been through issues regarding my abusive younger brother. Plus it's also one of the more adorable-looking evolved Pokemon out there!

And am I really one of the only people who actually likes Quilladin? Everyone slams it for looking derpy but I think it's really a case of Badass Adorable, by TV Tropes standards.

Years
Spoiler:

I voted for Quilava, It's my favourite fire starter and it is adorable making it my favourite in the Cyndaquil-line. ^-^

The Cyndaquil-line is the only one that is coloured differently from the other fire starters, they all tend to have this red-ish/orange colour. Except when he put on his flames, he only has a few red spots on his back.

I think Quilava is the perfect second stage evolution, it's a very logical transition going from cyndaquil to Typhlosion.

Last edited:
Years
Quagsire, definitely. I've used it multiple times before, and despite its lackluster stats save HP I think it's very usable. Only one weakness (albeit a 4x), several moves to use, and two very useful abilities (well, one in Water Absorb prior to HAs). They've helped me several times in the past and I really like using them, and its design and cry are nice too. It's such a silly but happy Pokémon and I really like it.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Quilava and Quagsire. Quilava and its entire line are one of my favourite Fire starters as well as Fire types in general. Quagsire and its line are simply adorkable and have such a goofy expression. Moreover, pink shiny Quagsire is just fantastic! XD

I don't really give much thought for Qwilfish as its one of the obscure Pokemon and is greatly shadowed by Tentacruel. Quilladin is my least liked starter, and Grass type, as I am not appealed by its aesthetics (and would prefer to have Chespin remain as it is).

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I voted for Quagsire, because of its simple design yet goofy looks and a good amount of nostalgia of it being the first water Pokémon immune to electric attacks.

Years
Quilava is my first choice by far! I've been a fan of that line (or at least the last two stages) for years; so yeah, quilava's pretty much always been not just one of my favorite fire-type starters, but one of my favorite pokemon for like ever. It's so adorable. X)

But I like Quagsire too! It's also adorable, even if not quite in the same way as Quilava. I also remember it being a definite member of my team back when I still was playing gold, so I also like it for practical usage. :'D

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Quagsire for sure.

Quagsire actually made it into my list of "Favorite Pokemon of each type", with him taking the slot as my favorite Ground type pokemon. He's awesome looking and he hits really hard as a competitive playing pokemon. With his ability included he's completely immune to both Water and Electric types, which on its own is incredibly powerful, but then his move pool on top of that is positively fantastic. Quagsire has a large range of tricks hidden up his sleeve, and he was a staple in two different teams I made back between 4th and 5th generation, and there were many times, in the normal game play and when fighting against my friends and/or online, where the outcome of certain battles were completely determined based on his presence.
On top of his amazing utility as an actual competitive pokemon, he just looks awesome. He's always appeared as one of those pokemon that never seems threatening until you are actually fighting against one. He just looks so soft and squishy... although I bet he's really slimy too.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Quagsire is just such a jolly guy, how can you not vote for him? Like, just look at him, with his jolly smile, and his jolly hands. He's just great. Great guy, that Quagsire.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Voted for Quagsire, first because Ground/Water is one of the best typing combinations in the game, and second because his face looks like one of the GF designers let his kid draw it on Bring Your Daughter to Work Day. And that's a cute image in my mind.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Quagsire takes the cake for me.

Its appearance isn't all that bad, in my opinion; it looks sort of... cute, actually! As pre-evolution design is good, too; if we're new to Pokémon, I'm positive a lot of us would be able to tell it's the pre-evo form of Quagsire, and that's a good thing.

Although Quagsire wasn't too great one to two generations ago competitively, it's started to get better this time around, as its new ability generally allows this Pokémon to withstand more hits and act as a wall.

Sirfetch’d

I voted the Qwilfish and Quagsire! Fell in love with both of these way back in gen 2 and both have been favorites of mine since. Qwilfish is such a cool looking Pokemon to me with a fun typing. I kind of wish it had an evo but overall it's a really good Poke! Quagsire is just derpy and I adore everything about it c:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I voted for Qwilfish and Quilladin! Qwilfish honestly first caught my attention because I like the way they spelled its name. Plus I love its goofy face and with Intimidate it's actually quite bulky/annoying with the right set! Quilladin is my favorite of the Gen VI starters. I love its cute little face and the moves it learns. I'm also fond of round Pokemon like him (Pignite comes to mind.) Quilava is kind of boring to me and Quagsire is cute but I much prefer Whiscash.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Not a huge Quilava fan, but I am left with no choice as the other options are completely forgettable.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Quilava. Hands down.

The cute little flaming echidna/hedgehog/whatever the heck it is was one of my favorite Pokemon playing Silver as a kid, due to it the evolution of the starter I picked and it's Flame Wheel ability. I always thought that move was so cool.

Quagsire is alright, but it's sorta meh for me. I've never trained one so I can't evaluate it that well.

Years
I've never understood the dislike for Quilladin, and I actually like that it's basically just a pudgy, teenaged Chespin, and I much prefer it to the design that we got for Chesnaught. I don't mind Quilava or Quagsire either, but I decided to just give my single vote to Quilladin this time around.

Back