• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VI: Shocking, Isn't It?

Who are your favourites?

• Total voters
Years
Welcome to another Pokémon Poll of the Week, here in Pokémon General! These threads are pretty simple- pick a few options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. As always with these threads, we do ask that you follow our golden rule:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon - tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may either be deleted, or be up for a warning/infraction.​
Again, while we had one or two poll question contributions, they were either a bit random, or polls we've done before, so I came up with this poll question. If you've got a creative suggestion for a POTW of your own, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. Also, as a bonus for your contributions, anyone who has their poll question featured will be awarded with a special emblem at the end of the week!

Now with that out of the way, this week's poll question is:

"Which of the Electric-type Gym Leaders are your favourites?"

I actually had this poll planned way back in the original iteration of the PokéPOTW back in PVP, so I'm glad I get the opportunity to finally use it! So go ahead trainers, vote away!

Spoiler:

Years
If I only voted for trainers I really liked...then they would all get votes.

So I went with my favorite of the bunch, and that's Elesa. I would say she's actually the best designed gym leader of any generation since she matches her typing so well.

A sexy, aloof, beautiful electric gym leader supermodel...she's just everything you could want from a gym leader. Plus I like how her design is incorporated to her team BW: Zebstrika and Emolga (yellow, black, white); BW2: Flaffy coat (Ampharos headphones).

blue

gucci
Years
Out of all of them, I'd say Elesa is my favourite. She just stands out from the rest, her image is cool and I love her Gym design in B2W2.

Years
If I had to choose one, I would give it to Clemont, because he has a really cool Gym design and he has that arm that he throws out at you before he fights you. And he can actually put up a decent challenge if you go in without a Ground-type. And he's all about SCIENCE!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So many seem to think Elesa is the best just because she looks sexy or something. Or so I heard. But I think she was cool in the anime and her being a model is interesting. Also the fact that she actually changes her appearance between the games!

Volkner, I never reached him in the games but I loved him in the manga and seen a bit of him in the anime and overall artwork. So those two get my votes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
brendino you have redeemed yourself

the electric gym leaders have never stood out to me that much. Elesa def has the coolest design, but I suppose Volkner has the best story around him. I also liked his choice of electric types.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I like Volkner the best, I think. Elese was interesting, but I hated her gym in B2W2. I liked the rollercoasters better :/ Volkner had a cool story, and he has my favorite design, too, so I'm gonna vote for him.

Sirfetch’d

I voted for Wattson just because I have a thing for all Hoenn leaders. They are just all so perfect imo. Elesa was a close second because I love her gym a ton but her team was lackluster and annoying so she loses points there. None are bad choices though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Although I'm not sure about others, whenever I look, Wattson's appearance always screams "electric-types," in a way, and this is fitting, especially for him, as he does specialize in electric. While battling in-game, he doesn't wind up to be too overpowering, either; his strength seems to be perfectly solid for someone that leads gym number three of a league. Overall, I'd say Wattson is one of my top five favorite leaders in Hoenn.

Due to similar reasons as above, my second choice is Volkner. Unlike Wattson, though, this person winds up to be a lot more tough when we initially go up against him, but that's perfectly reasonable, I believe, as he's the last gym leader we go up against in Sinnoh, and I'm sure most of us would consider seeing Volkner not put up much of a fight a disappointment.

I've seen Wattson make a couple of appearances here and there before in anime, and have definitely enjoyed seeing him. Though, I'm not sure if I've ever got to see Volkner, unfortunately, as I wasn't a follower of Diamond & Pearl season (have watched some episodes, but not too many).

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I voted Elesa and Clemont. (Am I the only one who likes Clemont?) Elesa's such a pretty girl for a gym leader, as well as holding the distinction of being the only female Electric Gym Leader. As for Clemont, I'm always amused by his failed attempts to make science experiments while I'm watching the anime.

Years
I voted for Elesa and Clemont. They're really the only ones I like.

Elesa is not only the sole female Electric Gym Leader, but she's adorable and is a model. And seriously she looks very beautiful in her B2/W2 redesign, along with using Emolga which is one of my fave Pikaclones, and of course her B/W self actually posing a challenge which you rarely see in most Gym Leaders these days.

Clemont is also a cutie, especially in the anime, plus I like how he's an inventor and has an adorable little sister in Bonnie. Also, he's so funny in the anime!

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Elesa has the best character design, hands down. It was very well thought-out, and her aesthetic was simply dazzling. I love that she changed her appearance in the sequel, reinforcing that modeling career and non-static fashion. Her lines in the games as well as the anime really brought her to life for me, especially for the latter. Also, her scene in the B2W2 trailer was just brilliant and exuded confidence. Her gym design is gag-worthy; a roller coaster ride, then a runway? YAAS MOMMA! Also anyone who's a fan of Emolgas is my friend~

I also voted for Wattson, because his amiable demeanor was very welcoming.

Years
My favorite is Surge, he's my boy. His gym was kind of lame in the game though. Also, why was there a tree blocking the entrance!? Besides those two things, I liked his style and his Pokemon choice. Kind of owned my Squirtle when I was like 7 years old lol

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Volkner is my favourite because I like his design and moody demeanor. I find that kind of attractive in fictional characters... He also reminds a bit of Cloud Strife, so. <3 Other then that, I loved his team; it was a really fun and memorable battle. :3

My second vote goes to Elesa for her wicked design and unique character, plus she stands out for being the first female Electric-type gym leader. For me, she was a pain to defeat in BW2 and that kinda put me off. :( lol.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
Wattson and Clemont if we're coming from anime logic since nobody in the games has a true personality. Wattson was just the sort of guy I would like to call granpa in the anime. And Clemont is just epic in the anime

Back