• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RESULTS!] Small Writing Competition

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Small Writing Competition
    Judged by bobandbill, Bay Alexison and Nolafus

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! Ready to write a story based on this year's prompt that will impress the three judges and the rest of PC? Great!

But first, a few rules to keep in mind.

Rules

1) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
    2) The stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before and not posted anywhere else until judging is over.
    3) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are bobandbill, Bay Alexison, and Nolafus. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
    4) One entry per member only, sorry.
    5) You have until 11:59pm EDT, 10th July to get your entry in.
    6) The story can be based on Pokemon or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
    7) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please!
    8) Please don't publicly post your stories until the competition is over! Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring

Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
    Characterization, Plot, and Description
    Relevance to Prompt

The prompt is team/teamwork, so good luck with making use of that in your story!

Emblems

First Prize
    Writing%20competition%201st%20place%20emblem.jpg

Second Prize
    Writing%20competition%202nd%20place%20emblem.jpg

Third Prize
    writcomp3.jpg

Participant
    TBA

Entrants:
    Bardothren
    Flannery Lue
    Delirious Absol
    Bacteriophage
    Elite Overlord LeSabre™
    Aisu

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • I love that everyone who has signed up for this so far is an RPer lol.
    The streak continues.

I'm in.
    (asking me to write a story right now is like my own death wish, because I have two stories on another site to work on, and a contest on said site, but I don't really care)

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2022
    I'm gonna give this a shot (no length restriction, by the way?)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alrighty, i've been wanting to do something like this for a while. Count me in. One question though: is there a length restriction or requirement? Also, would I have to site a Hack if I used a name of one of its cities or a tool that was used in the game?

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
  • Darn, I was really hoping to join, but I'm at a complete blank for 'teamwork'... :/ I'm not a very creative guy!

Best of luck to everyone! (Especially eros and Bacteriophage; go Hoenn!!!)

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I might be able to whip something up. I'm gonna be super busy starting Wednesday night, but that's still a few days to try. Good luck everybody!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm gonna give this a shot (no length restriction, by the way?)
    Alrighty, i've been wanting to do something like this for a while. Count me in. One question though: is there a length restriction or requirement? Also, would I have to site a Hack if I used a name of one of its cities or a tool that was used in the game?
    Only restriction is that your story is contained in one part (so you're not sending us part/chapter 1, 2, etc). You can write it as long as you need to tell your story, just keep in mind that the longer the entry, the longer we may need to judge it, is all. ;p
    Entry submitted. I decided to make it a part of my current work, but it's not a chapter of it either. It'll hopefully make more sense when I publicly post it.
    That was pretty quick of you! Also got it.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd like to have a crack at this.
    Sign me up!

Back