w i t h i n_

Non-binary
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
34,273 posts
12.7 Years

NEW MEMBER LOUNGE
- now with Favorite Types!

Welcome to the community's New Member Lounge! In this thread, you're more than welcome to converse with your fellow members in an effort to try and get to know more new people! Not only will you meet other new members, but also community regulars that have been here for a while! It's basically a chat thread for all you new members to get to know other newbies like you, as well as for older users to make new acquaintances in. In this thread, the members are in focus, you and all the friends you are about to make!

You can make your first post here, but it is encouraged to create an introduction thread of your own, to be welcomed personally, though it is not mandatory. Feel free to do what you're most comfortable with! ♥

Please try not to ask for help about how the forums work here, as we have a very helpful section dedicated solely to helping people, called the Feedback & Support!

Favorite Types?

Yes! As you might know, there are 18 pokémon types. Most people have a favorite. When you are posting in this thread...
  • If you want, you can let us know your favorite type! And why? We all have different preferences and reasons~
  • You may also let us know what your favorite pokémon is! Is it from your favorite type, or not?

Get chatting, friends ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Xorn

Age 21
Female
Hyperspace
Online now
Posted 56 Minutes Ago
7,420 posts
10.3 Years
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)
That face scares me I don't feel comfortable posting in this thread o.O

But uh my favorite type is Grass I guess. I'll take Oddish.

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.4 Years
This is an interesting replacement for the New Users Hangout, but also taking elements from the Welcoming Eggs event of past.

Anyways, my fave type is Water and I'll start with Oshawott. Because you know, it's my mascot.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Adventure

w i t h i n_

Non-binary
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
34,273 posts
12.7 Years
That face scares me I don't feel comfortable posting in this thread o.O

But uh my favorite type is Grass I guess. I'll take Oddish.
Oddish is so cute!

FINE I'll find a nicer smiley haha. Any suggestions?

This is an interesting replacement for the New Users Hangout, but also taking elements from the Welcoming Eggs event of past.

Anyways, my fave type is Water and I'll start with Oshawott. Because you know, it's my mascot.
Yes, Welcome Eggs was a lot of fun c: This is mini version maybe?

Xorn

Age 21
Female
Hyperspace
Online now
Posted 56 Minutes Ago
7,420 posts
10.3 Years
Any suggestions?
I have a suggestion for a smiley.
Spoiler:
:bed:

Speaking of suggestions, since we're going for a type teams kind of thing, you might want to provide links to some of the actual type clubs in Pokémon General. If someone joins who's a big fan of one type and participates in this thread, it might be nice to point them to the corresponding club.

Adventure

w i t h i n_

Non-binary
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
34,273 posts
12.7 Years
I have a suggestion for a smiley.
Spoiler:
:bed:

Speaking of suggestions, since we're going for a type teams kind of thing, you might want to provide links to some of the actual type clubs in Pokémon General. If someone joins who's a big fan of one type and participates in this thread, it might be nice to point them to the corresponding club.
... not gonna let people's first impression here be that smiley NOPE

Sure! If you know of any active typing clubs, you can post links to them here and I'll add them c: either now or when you see some member who has that fav type so you can give them direct suggestions~

Xorn

Age 21
Female
Hyperspace
Online now
Posted 56 Minutes Ago
7,420 posts
10.3 Years
Alright, I got links to all the existing clubs!
Fairy
Dark
Grass
Steel
Fighting
Flying
Water

To all new members - if you love a type that's not one of these, go ahead and make a thread for it in Pokémon General! Make sure you've read the rules of that section first, though.

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other animes that I like:)

Female
Bavaria
Seen June 24th, 2016
Posted June 24th, 2016
30 posts
4.3 Years
That´s so cool:D I love the fire typing and my favorite Pokémon is Growlithe<3

I make videos about Pokémon and other anime related stuff (e.g. covers), so check it out on my profile if you´re interested:)

Adventure

w i t h i n_

Non-binary
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
34,273 posts
12.7 Years
That´s so cool:D I love the fire typing and my favorite Pokémon is Growlithe<3
My fav is Fire too! I was actually called Fire on the forums a little while back c: Growlithe is really cool, do you like Arcanine too?

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other animes that I like:)

Female
Bavaria
Seen June 24th, 2016
Posted June 24th, 2016
30 posts
4.3 Years
My fav is Fire too! I was actually called Fire on the forums a little while back c: Growlithe is really cool, do you like Arcanine too?
Yeah, Arcanine is my all-time favorite Pokémon<3

Wicked3DS

Until the very end.

Age 29
Male
New Jersey
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted April 10th, 2020
4,561 posts
6.9 Years
Fire-type lovers unite!

I'm taking a Charmander. Charizard is my all-time favorite Pokémon, I've always loved dragons and fire, not to mention I was always a fan of it as my first Pokémon when I was a kid.

Xorn

Age 21
Female
Hyperspace
Online now
Posted 56 Minutes Ago
7,420 posts
10.3 Years
Any Electric type fans here? Let's be honest, how you can't love a type with just one weakness?
It doesn't beat Grass for me, but Electric is pretty great I agree. Magneton is both awesome looking and adorable.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro

Male
Chicago
Seen June 8th, 2020
Posted May 25th, 2020
7,236 posts
11.5 Years
Come on, where are my Dragon-type fans at? (;

Hello newcomers! People call me Matt or El! (: My partner is Dragonite (or in this case would be Dratini), which is from my favorite generation of Pokemon: 1st generation! If you have any questions about how the forum works or would like to chit chat with me, feel free to click my username to go to my profile and shoot me a message!

Nonetheless, happy posting around the forum! Dragon-type fans unite! :D

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.4 Years
I can understand the appeal of Fire-type Pokemon, given how popular Fire starters tend to be. Anyways, I might do an intro to new users since Matt sorta did one.

Anyways, the name is Hikamaru! People often call me Hika for short, or by Nichole (which is my real name) and yeah I love mainly cute Pokemon, and as you saw my fave type is Water. I also have an affection for music and cute cartoon characters. I hope any of you new guys have fun enjoying our community and don't hesitate to ask me if you ever want to talk or have a little question or two.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Xorn

Age 21
Female
Hyperspace
Online now
Posted 56 Minutes Ago
7,420 posts
10.3 Years
Jumping on the bandwagon

I'm Rainbow! Most people call me that, but you can feel free to shorten it to Rain or call me Kyle if you like. My favorite Pokémon is actually Xatu, which isn't a Grass-type by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd still say I like Grass the best overall because most of my top 5 favorites are Grass-type. My favorite Grass Pokémon is Bellossom.

If you've made an introduction thread there's a good chance I've already said hi to you, as I try to welcome everyone who joins. Feel free to VM me if you'd like to chat, and I hope you have a fun time on PokéCommunity~!

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO

Age 27
Female
in your Heart
Seen September 14th, 2016
Posted September 9th, 2016
960 posts
4.5 Years
i want to be a fairy together with sylveon

Pebbles here :pink_love:
if you are ever in need for a new avatar/signature on the forum or anything else photoshop related, i am your girl ^^

WE'RE A BROKEN PEOPLE LIVING UNDER LOADED GUN

Xorn

Age 21
Female
Hyperspace
Online now
Posted 56 Minutes Ago
7,420 posts
10.3 Years
Hey guys, I'm Shibui and I'm really excited to be part of the community.
My favorite type has always been Electric. My favorite pokémon of that type is Electabuzz (my first pokemon card).
So, do you want Elekid for your starter in this thread? You need to pick an unevolved Pokémon :)

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 27
Male
Viridian City
Seen 33 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
10,791 posts
6.9 Years
Come on, where are my Dragon-type fans at? (;
Right here. *_*

I adore Altaria, but Swablu is a flying type, hmmm...

I'll go with Bagon. c:

"We need to find... Our own inspiration.
Sometimes it's not easy.

Sheep

Female
Seen 32 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
28,610 posts
13.8 Years
Hey there guys! Awesome new thread, I am a happy panda seeing it tyvm ~

Electric are the best though clearly, so agreed with those who say so. =p I'd love a Mareep on my team for now, though the choice is admittedly soo hard..
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Adventure

w i t h i n_

Non-binary
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
34,273 posts
12.7 Years
I should introduce myself too! My name is Rika and I've been around PokéCommunity for over 8 years now. I've made so many great friends here and I love to make even more, so hit me up with a VM if you're ever bored <3 I mostly hang around the Roleplay Theatre section, because it's so much fun to write stories together with others. Try it out c;

i want to be a fairy together with sylveon

Pebbles here :pink_love:
if you are ever in need for a new avatar/signature on the forum or anything else photoshop related, i am your girl ^^
ooo Sylveon <3 I love its shiny form! I'll put you up with Eevee for now (; Bring me 5 links to posts you make after this in Main Street and I'll evolve it!

Right here. *_*

I adore Altaria, but Swablu is a flying type, hmmm...

I'll go with Bagon. c:
Oh, that's a pity... Maybe you can have Swablu as a dragon anyways though! Since it evolves into dragon c: I put you up with Bagon now but you can change that if you want <3

Electric types! They pack awesome speed, awesome damage and awesome awesome.
Haha agreed, they are cool! Hmm. I guess I actually really like Electric types too. But Fire still are the hottest bunch!
Would you like a pokémon partner? c:

FBI

Free supporter

Male
Unknown Island
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted December 17th, 2019
1,910 posts
7.6 Years
I should introduce myself too! My name is Rika and I've been around PokéCommunity for over 8 years now. I've made so many great friends here and I love to make even more, so hit me up with a VM if you're ever bored <3 I mostly hang around the Roleplay Theatre section, because it's so much fun to write stories together with others. Try it out c;

Haha agreed, they are cool! Hmm. I guess I actually really like Electric types too. But Fire still are the hottest bunch!
Would you like a pokémon partner? c:
Hello Rika, I somewhat impressed you managed to add the accent on the "e" in PokeCommunity. As I say that I don't accent it at all :^)

I'd pick Elekid because it looks like an egg with a plug on it and I like that it's bald :D

Parasyct

Ya Boi

Age 20
Male
Small Spain (also known as Portugal)
Seen September 10th, 2018
Posted May 10th, 2016
27 posts
4.4 Years
Hai, it's not like I've joined yesterday but I'm still pretty new here so yeah, I guess I'll join the fun xD

My favorite types are Ghost, Water and Poison but I'll pick Ghost since no one has picked it yet (which kinda suprises me, Ghosts, along with having spoopy Pokédex entries, are pretty badass, no?). Taking Phantump, the cutest ghost ever, as my partner.

I've made my introduction before but anyway, I'm Parasyct and I'm here because the community seems pretty friendly and helpful and it's nice to have a place where there's people with the same interests as me (pokimen in this case) to chat with, even though most of the times I prefer to just stay in the shadows reading threads instead of actually posting, since I'm kinda shy and all that, but I'll be around. Well, feel free to hit me up for anything, from trades to battles to whatever you feel like!