A cape
Seen 32 Minutes Ago
Posted 33 Minutes Ago
15,015 posts
11.6 Years
Article coming soon!

- Clothing/hairstyles shown off
- Camp confirmed - yay Pokemon interactions
- Curry with Rice is not weird, TPC, but I do like curry... and so do Pokemon, apparently
- Two new Pokemon! Palteageist and Cramorant.

Ace Trainer Green

Age 29
Male
Buffalo, NY
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
839 posts
16 Years
I swear, if Polteageist can't learn Scald...

Sheep

Female
Seen 45 Minutes Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
26,838 posts
12.9 Years
little teapot mon is so cute
pair family llsif bandori ffxiv art vpp stats
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

erik destler

boop

Age 27
Male
louisiana
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
6,843 posts
14.3 Years
I love Polteageist!! It's so cute! And the level of customization is soooo much better!!

Paired with Laslow and Cherrim

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
8,831 posts
8.3 Years
Y'all see that Clover Alcremie too??? :O

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3

Male
Lisboa, Portugal
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,699 posts
4.7 Years
Instant laugh as soon as Cramorant showed up. What's up with its design??? It's so derpy haha xD I do like its ability though, pretty interesting. Also, I loved the new surf animation!!
Polteageist looks so freaking adorable, I LOVE IT! Very creative concept :)

Pokémon Camping sounds so fun. As others said, it's probably Galar Region's Pokémon Amie, but I love it nonetheless ^^ What's up with cooking though? What are its effects?~

Costumization is back and it looks so much better. Looks like we have a variety of options to choose from! We can even wear gloves ^^
-WORK IN PROGRESS-
Btw, the artwork on my avatar is from an artist called OMOCAT, you should check her out ;)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy

Male
breathing in the sun (Miami, FL)
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
3,235 posts
10.6 Years
Pretty underwhelming as I was hoping to at least get a look at the starter's second forms. It's nice that there seems (atm anyways) there's more customization options than Sun/Moon.

That bird was also in the leak so it should be able to shoot out pikachu's from it's mouth as well, haha.

Sydian

XIII

Age 27
Georgia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
32,476 posts
11.6 Years
i wanna see what other alcremie flavors are going to be available and if they'll have any affect in battle (like oricorio) or if they're more akin to furfrou's different hairstyles. either way, it's a cute idea to have different kinds. i'm always here for variety.

teapot mon is adorable and i'll fight everyone who is mean to him
vacation? what's that?
twitter | ao3

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Online now
Posted 5 Hours Ago
4,942 posts
10.6 Years
why hasn't anyone come into this thread with this joke yet:

Anyway, Polteageist is my favorite generation VIII mon now
Theme: Natsume Sakasaki
Pair: Green

Castform

Age 25
Male
Weather Institute in Hoenn
Seen 54 Minutes Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
21,491 posts
7.1 Years
Love pretty much everything about the trailer. The teapot Pokémon absolutely has to be on my team

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
8,831 posts
8.3 Years
Yoooooo

Spoiler:

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh

Age 23
Non-binary
Liguria, Italy
Seen 2 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Minutes Ago
71 posts
259 Days
Very happy for the customization options and Polteageist, less so for the rest. Not that it is bad, but it seems that the accessory things are going to be a lot more polished than the main game, those "high quality animations" that were promised are most likely the Camp ones. Curry and Rice reminds me so much of Pokéblocks and Poffins (which I loved to make in Gen 4) so I at least hope that it serves a similar purpose meaning that Contests (or something similar) will be back.

Rainbow

i'll lose my mind another thousand times

Age 20
Female
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
6,601 posts
9.4 Years
I don't care much about camps and stuff (still cute, still rather they spend the animation budget on better battles) but mukttt those customizations are the best
i'm psyducked up as it is but we got so much time to kill
paired with colours

Hyzenthlay

Female
Castle of the Crystal
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,737 posts
6.8 Years
This was a cute reveal! The customisation also looks great!! I love, love, LOVE Polteageist, and Cramorant's derpiness appeals to me a lot, haha! Is that a new fish Pokémon in its mouth?

Y'all see that Clover Alcremie too??? :O

"You're my guardian angel,
My light and my guide.
Your hand on my shoulder
And you by my side.
You make everything beautiful,
You make me complete!
Everything in my world,
I lay at your feet..."

Sheep

Female
Seen 45 Minutes Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
26,838 posts
12.9 Years
Yes, the character customization looks great and I'm really happy with the selections so far! Can't wait to be stuck between what outfits to use ; ;

and yeah the different alcremie variants are super neat! I wonder if they'll all be obtainable in the games, or if some will be rarer or even region exclusive like Vivillon...?
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
3,421 posts
6.4 Years
Both new Pokémon looks great. I love Gulp Missile. It would be cool to have Cramorant catch different kind of fish each time it fishes. Alcremie's forms looks tasty. I can't decide which one to use from the already released ones. Clover or Blueberries maybe...

As for the Camp, it looks like nice mash of previous side features like Secret Bases, Amie, Pokéblocks and Poffins making. But if this is what GF was referring with "high quality animations", then I'm disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the animations of Pokémon playing in the camp looks amazing, but if that's the reason why other Pokémon were cut and attack animations looks bad, then I would rather prefer not to have Camp at all.

I'm glad there are more options to customization the player and you can actually see what is happening in the real time. I hated that you have no option to see what you're choosing in SuMo.
Age 21
Male
Rijeka, Croatia
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
5 posts
1.2 Years
I really love the whole Camping option. It really hits you how technology has advanced over the years: I started with Ruby, and now you can actually play fetch with your Pokémon. Pokémon really are adorable super-powered pets, after all.

Regarding the new Pokémon, in retrospect, it was obvious that Pokémon England had to have something like Polteageist. I like it, very imaginative concept and movement. Cramorant is funny. It looks kind of old school to me design-wise, like it would fit in Generation 3 or 4.

According to Serebii on Twitter, there appears to be a ton of Alcremie flavours, certainly more than 16, maybe even much more than that.

Also, even though we knew it all along, Galar is just ridiculously British: they've got football cards, tea Pokémon... It's hilarious to see all that in Pokémon form.

Sheep

Female
Seen 45 Minutes Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
26,838 posts
12.9 Years
Seems like Alcremie forms are likely to be region-exclusive! Check this tweet by the official Pokémon Twitter:
https://twitter.com/PokemonNewsUK/status/1169384750978600961

Each region's Pokémon Twitter responded with a different Alcremie form in their native language. Interesting!
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Gigadweeb

The Black Swordsman

Age 20
Male
South Australia
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
305 posts
4.9 Years
While the features are sorta cool, they're recycled old concepts and still don't really justify removal of the National Dex.
Overall, the only new thing that excites me is still the Wild Area, but knowing modern GF it'll probably be half-baked and not have much in the way of exploration; instead mostly being just a wide, open empty area with a couple of nooks and crannies if we're lucky.

When you meet your God, tell him to leave me alone.

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 17 Minutes Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
13,599 posts
5.8 Years
Here's to hoping that customization will have more/better options than XY and Sun/Moon did (especially the latter)
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

LilyGardy

Lilligant Trainer

Female
Celadon Gym
Seen 40 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
4,172 posts
4.1 Years
Oddly last night I ate Curry On Rice before the Direct which of course revealed Curry On Rice which looks like a fun minigame.

Thought we'd see the second stage starters here but I ak pleased Steenee and the rest of her line is confirmed to be in.

I now have a Switch so will likely get Shield on Launch Day.
Currently writing - The Rose of Team Magma

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Online now
Posted 5 Hours Ago
4,942 posts
10.6 Years
Seems like Alcremie forms are likely to be region-exclusive! Check this tweet by the official Pokémon Twitter:
https://twitter.com/PokemonNewsUK/status/1169384750978600961

Each region's Pokémon Twitter responded with a different Alcremie form in their native language. Interesting!
oh, so like Vivillon from Generation VI... here's to hoping you can trade with other players to get different forms?
Theme: Natsume Sakasaki
Pair: Green

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 32 Minutes Ago
Posted 33 Minutes Ago
15,015 posts
11.6 Years
Clothing customisations seem better. Hopefully it actually extends to the male trainers more this time. I want cool clothes. =(

Camp looks fine, but not amazing yet from what little we've seen. It'll be fun, but it's not the endgame content I desire... unless they do some more minigames there ala XY's Amie (and better ones please).

The two new Pokemon I like! Derpy bird is derpy, that makes it good. :V

Curry on rice... is a weird term. I have never heard that. Curry with rice, or a side of rice, but 'curry on rice' sounds like some weird localisation to me. Wonder if making it can be done with other people ala the pokeblock mixing game in RSE...?
Advertiser Content