Sheep

she/her
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
29,936 posts
14.1 Years
Four new Gigantamax Pokémon have been revealed! What do you guys think? =) (Check article for pictures!)
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Soaring Sid

Yoom...Tah!!

Age 18
Male
Lion's Abode
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,409 posts
1.3 Years
Eevee and Charizard look superb! But honestly speaking, Kanto is getting a good massage now. Game Freak is again tending towards treating Kanto as the most important region.I mean.....that's where it all started, but other generations are getting ignored. Typhlosion could do with a giantamax, because Charizard has already got two mega evolutions. And Meowth, it has an Alolan form. Other cats like Skitty, Glameow and Delcatty could do with some new looks, it won't be bad.

This might be a bit too negative,oops
Meet Olivert Reise Arnor:

He says, "This loving prince of yours won't let you skip some amazing video game music!"

<~Trent says Haychel created the avatar. Said he's a fan of it.

bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
16,018 posts
12.7 Years
On the one hand, they generally look nice.

On the other... so far, Gigantamax is only for gen 1 and 8 Pokemon (and we know Lapras is to get one too from the one legit, confirmed leak). That's a bit sad imo.

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Dawn

Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
13,886 posts
6.1 Years
Oh yay, more Kanto rehashes. I am so happy.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate

Male
Raftel, New World
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
909 posts
11.5 Years
Finally, Gen. 1 after decades of being ignored... Oh, wait... 🤢

Nah

Age 28
Female
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
i see that pikachu is going back to his chonker days now
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate

Male
Raftel, New World
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
909 posts
11.5 Years
Expect the new Gen. 9 battle mechanics and regional variant 60% exclusive to Gen. 1...

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Seen April 28th, 2020
Posted April 28th, 2020
9,312 posts
7.9 Years
So I saw some trailer of it, and I guess Gigantamax Pikachu and Gigantamax Eevee might have to do with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, iirc? While I think Gigantamax Meowth might be from limited-time Mystery Gift, if I can assume. And after seeing Champion Leon owns Charizard in some trailers back then, Charizard's Gigantamax addition makes sense now.

Even though it was not the kind of news I would expect with (was expecting something different like newer 'mons (Gigantamax doesn't count) or maybe more Gym Leaders/cities), but I still quite like it nonetheless.

Caite-chan

...blasting off again!

Age 33
Female
Vermillion City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
8,001 posts
17 Years
I was happy to see they were gonna reveal more and then they give us.....this. I was sooooooo....unenthustiastic about it.
VPP: Gigalith @ 8,105 & Drapion w/Fairy @ 7,634|Futro Region
"We may not make a lot of money but at least we have our freedom."

🌹 🌹 🌹

x staff collab 2020 x

Pyrax

Mago

Age 25
Male
Queuing for a PS5
Seen 20 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1,354 posts
11.6 Years
Why they have to give so much attention to Kanto when Johto and Sinnoh are more popular in the fandom?
That's a mystery for the ages. Come on Gamefreak at least move on to Johto pandering.
PSN: MakotoSako / Banner's mine

Bahamut

Someone must put a stop to this cycle of the strong trampling the weak.

Age 18
Non-binary
Norway
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted June 22nd, 2020
200 posts
2.6 Years
That's a mystery for the ages. Come on Gamefreak at least move on to Johto pandering.
Johto is way cooler than Kanto.

colours

she/her
the dream world
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6,682 posts
15.6 Years
honestly, im getting bored with the kanto pandering. no matter how many angles i try to look at this from, i can't help but feel... unimpressed. not with the designs in particular, mind, but unimpressed because i feel like there's nothing really new that excites me. kanto is old news, and has always been old news for several generations at this point.

yes, they're marketable. i get it. Game Freak is hoping to pander to all the millenials with big fire dragon, cute multi-evolutional fox and electric mice. but that's exactly why im bored. charizard is ok (although my opinion on it is really starting to sour), eevee is cute, and pikachu is ok, but every time a new kanto 'mon gets another form, im just kind of like "oh..." at this point. i have this reaction because it's expected. maybe zigzagoon/linoone really are the lone exceptions (i damn well hope they aren't), and we're going to get majority kanto galarian forms.

and then gen 9 will come along and rehash kanto some more. maybe the old armored pokemon rumour would come true next generation and we'll see charizard in good ol' magma armour.

don't get me wrong, i'll likely still get these games because i've been without a new pokemon game for a while (due to skipping LGPE), but this kinda makes me long for the days where i was excited for past generations. the marketing for these games sure leaves something to be desired.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 23
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
6,080 posts
11.8 Years
At least Butterfree finally got some love, though? Charizard was expected considering it's Leon's signature Pokemon, so... Although
I'm hoping this is the last crap we'll see of Kanto. Knowing Game Freak, it won't be, though.
Theme: Ramuda Amemura
Pair: Drew

Rivvon

Age 27
Female
USA
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,737 posts
13.6 Years
Gold and Silver turn 20 this November. Remember how people excused the Kanto pandering in Alola because it was the 20th anniversary of Kanto specifically? Good times. By that logic, all these Galarian forms and Gigantamax forms should be of Johto Pokémon. Calling it a shame is an enormous understatement.

A Dream of Your Own: The Formulas of Unova—Black & White
Introduction | Part I: The Components of Unova

EC

Just call me EC!

Age 29
Male
Youngstown, Ohio
Seen June 13th, 2020
Posted June 13th, 2020
5,489 posts
4.7 Years
Butterfree, Pikachu and Charizard designs are awesome, Meowth is nightmare fuel.

Drew

Rose Toss

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
11,132 posts
15.3 Years
A CHONKY BOY

Charizard is pretty cool, too

However in general, I don't much for the Dynamax or whatever they're called, I probably won't even use that gimmick in game???

"It's something like a gift".
paired to Palamon

SceptileActual

Sceptile, The Forest Pokémon.

Age 19
Male
Route 101, Hoenn
Seen July 6th, 2020
Posted January 10th, 2020
37 posts
1.1 Years
I sleep

Sean

Age 25
Male
Ireland
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted August 31st, 2020
246 posts
12 Years
ima need the pandering for Kanto to be over ASAP, but I understand why they're doing it