Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper

Age 35
Finland
Seen 46 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
846 posts
12.7 Years
You can see the overall top 30 and top 30 of each region here https://pokemonday.pokemon.co.jp/jp/result/
Mewtwo X Espeon 4-ever!

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
14,059 posts
6.4 Years
so how long before darude memes revive

or am I the only one who's first thought was that
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Dawn

Sapphire Star

Age 30
Non-binary
Any dream will do
Online now
Posted 2 Hours Ago
11,641 posts
5.5 Years
Phenomenally disappointing news all around.

colours

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 17 Minutes Ago
6,139 posts
15 Years
zarude is ok. i don't hate the design, so there's that.

i think the top choices (aside from charizard) are pretty interesting tbh

Curly Brace

Where did everybody go?

Age 17
Male
Mimiga Town
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
4,819 posts
8.5 Years
(Damn I shoulda waited before making a thread myself)

Zarude is...a bit underwhelming? Typewise it's horrible, and there isn't much to salvage from its ability.

Also Greninja won a second popularity poll. How.

Sheep

Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
27,889 posts
13.5 Years
This is the most horrifying Pokémon design I have ever seen in my life

art blog | art thread | credit
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

MysticalNinetales

Age 19
Female
Canada
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
912 posts
2.3 Years
I love the top ten choices! Some of my personal favourites are on it (Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Lucario!)

I like Zarude’s design. It’s certainly unique! Although, it kind of looks like an oversized, evil version of Grookey. I also do like it’s typing as well. I’m excited to learn more about it.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 23
Male
Milaturia.
Online now
Posted 1 Minute Ago
5,533 posts
11.2 Years
Zarude's pretty cool, actually. Dark/Grass is a nice typing. I knew it'd be a monkey from the start, so, yolo on that front.
Theme: Dice Arisugawa
Pair: Shinji

Cubism

Cubie the Cube

Age 20
Male
The computer room
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
1,124 posts
1.3 Years
I'm disappointed but not surprised, both at the Pokémon of the year and Zarude. I actually like the mon's design, but it wouldn't hurt if we stoped getting monkey Pokémon for once, the Grookey line was enough.
I still don't know what to put here :rowlyikes:

Janp

Age 23
Male
Czech Republic
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
3,733 posts
6.9 Years
Dark/Grass sounds like funny typing. But that's pretty much it for positive stuff about Zarude. It looks so uninspiring and bland. Nothing about it feels legendary or mythical. If I would see it without the trailer (and knowledge I have about it) I would probably pair it with Oranguru and Passimian as regular Pokémon from Alola. Really weird choice to have tropical monkey/ape Mythical Pokémon in the very same gen with tropical monkey/ape Starter Pokémon and non-tropical settings.

I don't have words for the list. Guessed about 90% of the Top 10. But I have to say that Rowlet, Bulbasaur and Chandelure surprised me with how high they are as well as Eevee being pretty low.
Pokémon Challenges | Shiny Island

Sumner

Not Summer

Male
Brazil
Online now
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,791 posts
1.9 Years
Why is it another Grass-type ape-like Pokémon? Rillaboom & friends weren't enough I suppose

credit

Fafrir

Dragon of the Sky

Female
In the skies
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
740 posts
5.7 Years
Scrafty didn't make it to top 30 for Gen 5, cue small violin.

So another monkey Pokemon eh? I'm 90% sure a number of people are tired of seeing monkeys but at least this one's a jerk? Hopefully it's a jerk. It's better than Zeraora at least.

Signature made by tokyodrift!

colours

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 17 Minutes Ago
6,139 posts
15 Years
personally i feel like the fact that this is another primate(-esque?) pokemon makes this slightly more boring and perhaps could factor why i'm not as excited as i could be. ._.

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.

Age 31
Female
Orange Islands
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
54 posts
290 Days
Phenomenally disappointing news all around.
^Basically this. The mythical monkey looks very ugly to me, and the results for the favorite pokemon have me feeling very detached from other pokemon fans, since I can't understand why most of the winners are up there. To each their own, I guess.
~ ChickenMom! [ about me ]

CommanderSaturn

Information Broker

Male
Canalave City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
435 posts
120 Days
Am I the only one that didn't think of the Sandstorm song when it was announced?

I am not fond of monkys, so my initial thought was that I didn't fancy the design. However, I feel like it could grow on me.

Simply put, I love humans.
Think about it humans are the most interesting creatures you could hope to find.
And when I said humans I meant all humans, not just you specifically, important detail.
Female
England
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
121 posts
2.3 Years
I personally like it as a pokemon, but not as a mythical. From what we know of it, it's more of a Oranguru/Passimian type pokemon which lives with others in forests rather than something actually mythical.
Otherwise, I quite like the facial markings - they're very effective at making it look evil and work well with the black colouring. I also think it looks pretty good on all fours (when it is bipedal though, it just looks uncomfortable).
Advertiser Content