• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
  • oh hey, this is neat.

Speaking of RPGs, I've started playing Dragon Quest 8, it's really good so far and I'll most likely continue playing it if I find the time.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • I might check out DQ 6-9 some time. DS for 6 and 3DS for 7 and 8.

I might also check out 11 if I feel like it.

I'm also considering some FF games, I was thinking 7, 8, and 12 on Switch. If 9 has a physical release on switch I'll check that one out as well.

12 is one of the 6 FF games I haven't been spoiled on yet. (Others being 2, 4, 10, 13, and 15)

Years
  • oh hey, this is neat.

Speaking of RPGs, I've started playing Dragon Quest 8, it's really good so far and I'll most likely continue playing it if I find the time.

dq8 is honestly my favourite of the dq games! ...although it was also my first, so maybe that has something to do with it. ^^;

but still! it's my favourite because the dynamic and personalities of the main cast work so well with each other. i love how everyone interacts with each other and they all have an interesting backstory so it's easy for me to be invested in them.

pkmin3033

I've only played the original Dragon Quest (which was actually a couple of weeks ago!), 4, 5, and 11. I do own all of them though, excluding the 10th one...spinoffs too. I LOVED Dragon Quest Builders and that more than anything else convinced me to give the series another look.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've only ever played Dragon Quest spinoff games. I've loved them a lot, but every time I sit down to play an actual Dragon Quest, I just never get very far for some reason. I'd love to give XI a try, but I'll wait for it to be... much more on sale than it has been, because I don't want to spend money on it if I'll just drop it quickly like all the others. :(

pkmin3033

If you do get DQXI, get the Switch version - it's definitely the superior version. Orchestrated soundtrack (Dragon Quest MIDI really bothers the hell out of me haha), speed-up battle options, additional postgame content and, most impressively, you can play the entire game in 16-bit style if you want...and you can swap between this mode and the default 3D mode at any point.

I plan on doing a 16-bit playthrough somewhen...maybe once I've played through all the other ones. xD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Oh... that's good to know. I thought the 16-bit thing was on all consoles. I don't think I'd actually do it extensively, but the swapping sounded neat.

If only that was the version that ever went on sale.......... :why:

pkmin3033

Unfortunately they didn't patch the PS4 or PC versions with the Switch release's additional content...although the music at the very least might have been modded into the PC version? The 2D mode is based on the 3DS version of the game though, so it's not too surprising.

Switch games rarely ever go on sale, and with the Switch tax, that only makes it more painful ;-; especially if you're like me and buy everything again on Switch

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • aight this is way too much video game talk
    let's go... to... writer's lounge!

hello writers, how's everyone been lately? i've finally started actively working on the story i want to write, wish i had way more free time to actually do it though :(

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Writing has been going pretty well for me! Been working a lot on my fanfiction in particular. Really should work on my original stuff, but sometimes fanfic just calls to me :P

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Ohai!

Life has been hectic and I have not been able to do much *actual* writing. For example, I had to skip my (so far) biennial Nidoran Romance chapter. I've mostly been working on outlines, I have two that I want to refine and post for interest check.

Really, as has been said above the problem is free, truly free, time.

Bay

Years
  • To be honest I've been distracted with FE3H that I haven't written anything new the past couple weeks lmao. Luckily I have a backlog so I can get started with editing Ch 21 of Foul Play sometime this month. I've also been working on an outline for another fic.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I watched Erased a while ago and it was surprisingly good. There's a live action adaptation coming but generally I prefer the animated version when it comes to those. Couldn't even finish the live action FMA movie...

We've also slowly been watching Children of the Whales. It's certainly unusual and it's a bit hard to grasp what's going on in the world but it's pretty nice still I guess.

And! Miyazaki movies came into Netflix recently :D I started watching Spirited Away and it's honestly better than I remember. I saw it as a teenager and then kind of thought it was overrated since it's so well known compared to most other Ghibli movies. But it's really good tbh. Will finish it at some point d: I remember surprisingly little from it, apparently.

Years
  • I watched Erased a while ago and it was surprisingly good. There's a live action adaptation coming but generally I prefer the animated version when it comes to those. Couldn't even finish the live action FMA movie...

We've also slowly been watching Children of the Whales. It's certainly unusual and it's a bit hard to grasp what's going on in the world but it's pretty nice still I guess.

And! Miyazaki movies came into Netflix recently :D I started watching Spirited Away and it's honestly better than I remember. I saw it as a teenager and then kind of thought it was overrated since it's so well known compared to most other Ghibli movies. But it's really good tbh. Will finish it at some point d: I remember surprisingly little from it, apparently.

The live action version of Erased has been around on Netflix for a while now and it's actually really good, which is a rarity. I think it actually handles the end better than the anime does and is only slightly below the quality of the anime for the rest. I'd legit recommend giving it a try.

I've been meaning to see Children of the Whales for a while. I'll get to it eventually.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I wanted to get back into watching One Piece soon. Fiancee and I have finished up the Punk Hazard arc and had to take a break for a while, but man I love One Piece. Not usually a fan of anime in general (pls don't kill me, Anime & Manga peeps) but One Piece is cool. Also I really dig Sakamoto Desu Ga? and want to watch it again someday soon. So funny <3

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Haven't played any previous generations in awhile other than the old PMD games, but... kinda want to buy Pokemon Crystal on the virtual console once I can safely go outside again.

Maybe.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Thinking of going back to one of the Ranger games sometime soon, too bad there haven't been any new ones since Gen 4. Second best side-series behind Mystery Dungeon imo.

Think I kind of lost steam with Pokémon Emerald after that battle I had against Brawly. I still beat him (eventually) but missing the same move eight times in a row is unforgivable. Just glad I had a Leech Seed on his (Level 19!!!) Makuhita.

Back