• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

Years
    Finished Hardcore Nuzlocke in Sapphire yesterday and started "The ones that got away" challenge in Ultra Moon. My team there so far is one Yungoos. It will be fun soloing whole Melemele Island just with it.

Years
    im a bad pkmn fan bc i havent touched my shield version in months lmaooo

idk like... ive gotten addicted to other games and i feel like i'm just kinda over Shield in particular at this point. i don't dislike it, but i've spent hundreds of hours shiny hunting and i think i've hit my burn out point

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
    I feel that, I tried doing a second playthrough of Shield w/ some new Pokemon and I just can't finish it because I'd just rather do other things....

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I started Platinum in January but haven't touched it in a while. Gen 4 why are you so slow? Dx

I wonder what'll happen first: me finishing Platinum or Gen 4 remakes.

Years
    interestingly, i can play older games just fine. platinum doesn't bother me much, but that's probably because i'm too used to it by now, and it's easy for me to adjust (for the most part) between older games and newer games.

not touching gen 1 vc games tho (unless it's yellow). that's a bit too much @_@

Years
    playing gen 2 vc games is still on the to-do list... eventually. still want to re-experience crystal version since i haven't played that since i was a kid.

so yeah, yellow and crystal are def on my to play list when i can get the motivation to play them u_u

ngl though i generally miss playing spinoffs other than pokemon mystery dungeon. i'm just kinda burnt out on the main series games and playing spinoffs is how i can regain my interest back, but nowadays... eh. hoping the new pokemon snap is fun so it'll motivate me to get back into playing pokemon again.

Years
    • Seen today
    I want to play certain games legitimately, but it's so expensive.

Explorers of sky is on amazon, but the average prices are like $130.

Years
    I want to play certain games legitimately, but it's so expensive.

Explorers of sky is on amazon, but the average prices are like $130.

if you have a local game store near you, you can see if it has any of the Explorer games available. i was fortunate enough that my local GameStop had like, one copy of EoS left by the time i went there so i took advantage of that immediately lmao

if that's not an option, you could always ebay. perusing over there right now, it's highly likely you're only really going to get the cart and no case if you're going that route, though.

also... /moves thread over somewhere

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Well, would you look at what we've got here! A surprise thread has appeared!

Sup people? :)

Years
    the Wandering Thread's reached Meet & Greet? sick.

so like... do we talk about how to say hi to people properly or

Years
    we talk about how roni has too many posts. knock it off
    someone's malding that i overtook them
    lets talk about our times as new users

should be fun right
    OOH would love that.

not much can be said for my time when i first made this account back in 2013 though. i basically went into M&G because i thought it was a necessity or something to introduce yourself before doing anything in the forums lol. i was my edgy, shy, and pessimistic 15 year old self back then, so i made sure to note in advanced that i wouldn't be posting too much. a few days after, i checked back on the thread curiously to see if anyone replied, and i was amazed at just how detailed & helpful most of the greeters were. specifically remember Sheep, Zach, & Pichu being professional af. my first impression of PC from then was that it was filled with intellectuals and i may not be able to blend with this scene well, so i left this account alone since then. i think i had a small blip of activity in 2019 for some reason, but i didn't truly get back to it til March 2020. I'm sure we all know why.

first time actually being a user who posts here, i will admit it was pretty much just to try and subtly plug my Pokemon Let's Play Youtube channel all over the forums in the hopes that it'd get some traction from here lmao (this was before i realized literally no one gave a damn), so i changed my name from the original "Aaayron" (something i used to go by in my teen years) to "The Roniverse" (my channel name) and slapped my channel link into my sig.

made sure to follow site rules on advertising so i wouldn't get banned, and realized that, hey, there's actually a lot of fun stuff to talk about & do, and people to socialize with here. it was at around 1k posts maybe? that i realized i liked being here more than attending to my channel. a little while later i grew out of constantly recording myself playing games because i didn't find that fun anymore (or maybe at all? i had always been doing it for clout not fun i think) and put The Roniverse on hiatus. that's when i had a lot more time to chill out here, thus my posting activity skyrocketed. quickly removed all sense of branding and changed my name because i didn't wanna continue attaching that sense of "i'm only here really to advertise my stuff" to my account. first thing i could think of was Roni, because some people called me that here and i thought it sounded cute.

i feel like i would've stabilized and become slower at posting later on, but i discovered the fun forum mini quest game thing that is VPP in December... and that's how we find ourselves here today lmao.

well that just turned into a life story didn't it.

Back