• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
  • I saw the Nintendo Switch Lite on the Pokemon Center today and I was like eyeing it pretty hard because it's cheaper which means more money for Sword!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oooo!

I'm currently saving for the turquoise Switch Lite, and I'm almost there! I'm not in a rush, though, I just want it in time to play Swsh close to the release. hnnnn

Years
  • ok, time to bring up some discussion here:

how does everyone feel about the slow drip of information so far? i remember one of the biggest things some people complained about during SM/USUM was that TPC(i) showed a lot. nowadays, it doesn't seem like we know a lot compared to the gen 7 days and i was wondering how everyone felt about that. is it possible that their marketing approach is to keep up hype by leaving the majority of the game secret? seems like... an interesting approach, at least for those people who really want to jump into the games blind.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I guess it's fine. I was really only interested in starters, several new mons, and several new characters and then I can wait for the game.

Also, am I really the only one who is still hyped for these games?

Years
  • I feel antsy and hungry for more. November is next month, and there's still so much shrouded in mystery. I want to see some more of the Grookey line in particular, now that it's been confirmed he's going to have that wooden war drum to pound before going on attack I am even more thrilled for this starter.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I feel like they should have revealed a bit more info so far, specially the starter's middle evolutions. I'm hyped for the games but I'm not sure I'm going to buy it on release date. Nowadays I've been thinking a lot about how I spend my money and I don't know if it's worth it to buy either Sword or Shield if there's going to be a 3rd version or a Sword2 and Shield2 type of games... But anyways, I'm in love with the region and the freedom the player has to wonder around and explore (Wild Area). I'm also REALLY looking forward for the new Galarian Forms!
    So yeah, I'm excited to see what they still have in store for us :)

Years
  • I love me some rapidash, and I am super excited for that precious Galar region Ponyta. I am going to use that pokémon without a doubt, and hope the rumors are true that the final evo will be a winged horse like Pegasus, which I think is entirely possible looking at that cloud-like mane.

I did like the concept of Alolan forms, and look forward to seeing how that idea is implemented in gen 8

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I feel antsy and hungry for more. November is next month, and there's still so much shrouded in mystery.
    Like the mascots' types for example. We already knew Xerneas/Yveltal (justified by Xerneas being a new type) and Solgaleo/Lunala's types a month before release. I'm pretty sure Reshiram/Zekrom's types were already revealed by this point too? Just seems a bit odd to me.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ^Yeah same! I can breed my shiny in US without worrying if it'll transfer over. Though....idk when I will get back to breeding since I'm so distracted with other stuff atm, lol @_@

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Wait there's a Galarian Ponyta??

YES THERE IS

Spoiler:

hnnn

Years
  • Well, i have no nintendo switch. Gen 8 is really nothign special so far. Im still silently hopeing one day they'll make a mainstream pokemon game on xbox where the pokemon look like the one's in polken tournoment and the detecive pikachu movie.

i highly doubt this is ever going to happen, regardless of the relationship that nintendo and microsoft seem to have.

never say never of course, but pokemon being on nintendo consoles has always been a huge system seller and taking that away probably won't be a good idea.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Immersive Pokemon game stylized like Detective Pikachu would be HELLA COOL, though ngl???

Years
  • i feel like im one of the few people who neither watched the movie nor played the detective pikachu games... haven't gotten the opportunity yet. @_@

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Watched the film, not played the games @ Detective Pikachu.

(Also pfft pokemon on Xbox, that'd be the day...)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i feel like im one of the few people who neither watched the movie nor played the detective pikachu games... haven't gotten the opportunity yet. @_@
    The movie was awesome imo! :D

Back