• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2016 US Presidential Elections Thread [Trump Wins]

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    Oh, I did forget to mention that Pence has tried at least three work arounds to both undermine and ban marriage equality in his state of indiana, woking through loopholes like trying to decree/sign laws that put people in jail for having falsified marriage documents, while also forcing marriage documents to be printed explicilty laying out two gendered participants, one male and one female.

This means that signing the marriage licence makes it considered "falsified" because you're not the gender you signed your name under, while having no other option to place your name. This is less than advocating torture of gay people, but it's still something to be noted & should be considered during discussion of the VP, and the president's, smarmy gross behaviour on this issue

Years
    Did anyone hear about the nazi graffiti in Philadelphia? Coincidentally 78 years after Kristallnacht.

2016 US Presidential Elections Thread [Trump Wins]

https://time.com/4565532/racist-graffiti-donald-trump-philadelphia/
    https://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/11/09/nazi-trump-graffiti-south-philadelphia/

So, as a response to something brought up earlier in the thread, yes, antisemitism is still a thing.

While I wouldn't put it past someone to potentially do this to discredit Trump supporters, my gut tells me this is as genuine as it seems. I'm afraid that things like this will pop up around the country as the fringes start to get emboldened.

In other news, there are many protests going on and while I can totally sympathize with them, I don't think it will go anywhere or lead to anything and it doesn't really show that we on the left are much better than the people we oppose. "When they go low, we go high" isn't just a cute phrase to throw around during an election. We're not going to somehow undo the election results so we gotta find a way to live with them and just getting angry, while understandable, isn't a long term solution.

I just wish I knew a long term solution.

Years
    The problem here is that Trump's . . . anti-Islamic.

Considering the fact that even if the minority 1% of Muslim Islamic believers (extremists) are terrorists, that still leaves you with 16 MILLION terrorists. Unfortunately, the actual numbers are upwards of 20-25% of the Muslim population. Given the fact that most terrorists are, in this day and age, linked to Islamic Extremism I don't typically view 'Islamiphobia' as a huge issue.

I feel that 300 million terrorists world-wide would be an issue, no? Slicing off clitoris and stoning raped women. The majority of our foreign enemies are no longer the Russians, or the Vietnamese before them, nor the Koreans or the Germans; the majority of the terrorist attacks that persist today are from Islamic extremism.

I'd hope that near everyone would hold the same kind of disdain towards Islam as they did Christianity. I wish everyone was an atheist, but we can't force people into that (unless, you know, you're Russia ☭).

Now, are all Muslim people bad? Certainly not! Couldn't be further from the truth, however, I do worry about the small 'minority' that makes up about a fifth to a fourth of their population though. The French, the English, Germany, and hell even Belgium have been attacked recently by Islamic extremists and that's a few examples.

I'm not trying to demonize the Muslim people, but if your 'minority' makes up 20%-25% of your entire population are extremists based around the Islamic extremists then it's time to look at the Islamic belief as a potential culprit.Now, am I saying that believing is Islam is bad? From my viewpoint, sure, but so is Christianity, Scientology, Buddhism, Judaism, other, etc. The Islamic belief system has some (a lot) of character flaws that need re-working and we're not going to be able to root out the cause of the issue by allowing the Islamic faith system go about its business unscathed unlike Christianity or any other faith system. If your belief system dictates you to suppress 50% of your overall population due to their sex, then maybe you need to have a long 'sit 'n think'.

I'd go so far as to put to you the question "Is Muhammad a bad guy?"; the founding father of the Islamic religion itself, Muhammad. I don't think you'd say yes, but on the flip side I think that if Jesus stuffed his pecker in a nine year old you'd be crying out in anguish and outrage, no? People can believe what they want to believe, but they just so happen to believe in a religion founded by a paedophile.

Granted, this does not excuse the Papacy from covering up their boy-boy scandals and abuse, but I think it helps put the belief system into a quaint picture. *shrug*

I know, people like to bring up the "you're more likely to die in a car accident than an act of terrorism" but there's no one arguing against making cars safer to operate, but there are people arguing to let Islam skate away untouched and unquestioned. It's not racist to question Islam, by the by. I think you already know that though, but that comment is for the sake of everyone in the room.

Years
    Okay, but, like, if somebody is concerned about Muslim terrorists entering the country, shouldn't they be worried about Christian terrorists who are already here?

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Okay, but, like, if somebody is concerned about Muslim terrorists entering the country, shouldn't they be worried about Christian terrorists who are already here?

I'm not trying to be racist here as I agree that every religion, ideology etc has radicals but i think Muslim terrorists are a bit more of a threat just because those are the ones actively committing acts of violence When was the last time you saw a radical christian behead someone?

Years

How about this hypothetical situation:

Let's say there's a fire in your neighbor's home. Fire spreads, so your home will inevitably catch fire. You yourself, have many flammable materials and in your living room, you have a scented candle burning.

Quiz time! After you have read the above situation involving fire safety, which fire do you worry about first?

a) Your Neighbor's house fire
    b) Your flammable curtains
    c) Your scented candle?
    Spoiler:

Considering Islamic Terrorists alone have carried out about 25,000 -29,000 terrorist attacks since 9/11. Granted, that's globally and not domestically and there have been less attacks in Europe than the US.

Maybe it's time to look at who the perpetrators are? I will say that people that do attack abortion clinics (there were about 7 last year?) in the US are still an issue, but once again, if someone is going to defend Islam because 'those are just extremists' than we can put Christian extremists on the same plate. I don't think you can have it both ways.

Besides, I'm not arguing we should stop looking for any terrorists. Don't you think it's counter productive to leave the door open for more attackers when you're still dealing with domestic terrorists like you said? So now you're fighting both foreign and domestic terrorists?

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Years
    Making attacks against Islam like attempting to prevent them from immigrating or wearing religious attire or w/e (I say attempting because constitutionally this cannot happen) is not going to stop Islamic terrorism. It's going create more of it whilst simultaneously causing perfectly innocent followers of that religion to suffer all kinds of discrimination.

It helps nobody.

Years
    Making attacks against Islam like attempting to prevent them from immigrating or wearing religious attire or w/e (I say attempting because constitutionally this cannot happen) is not going to stop Islamic terrorism. It's going create more of it whilst simultaneously causing perfectly innocent followers of that religion to suffer all kinds of discrimination.

It helps nobody.

I didn't say I wanted to prevent them from wearing attire or practicing their religion. That steps on everyone's freedoms and I'm against that. So, someone else's policies don't make them my policies, on that I want to have a sure footing. I don't really care what someone wears, really. Wear assless chaps if you want, you're free to do so. Besides, unless you're the CCCP☭, you're going to have a difficult time abolishing religion (that's a joke . . . maybe. I'm not sure yet).

I just feel that being able to criticize the religion [Islam] like you are others [other religions] doesn't equate criticizing Muslims. Criticizing Muslims is not the same as criticizing Islam, which is what I am doing [criticizing Islam]. It just so happens that most Islam practitioners are Muslims, and most Islamic extremists pool from the Muslim population. Unfortunate, but Trudeau. I can fully say that there are other groups that practice Islam, as the religion is not fully exclusive to the Muslim people anyway. You've probably seen it on the news 'white/asian/hispanic/black/latino girl converts to Islam' (not extreme example) or 'black/asian/white/hispanic/latino kid runs to join ISIS' (extreme example) or something like that. Let me be a little more clear: Islam is not a group of people.

This doesn't bring up the Islamic practice of slaying Christians or Buddhists though; if one wanted to argue that, it's a valid point to dig into. Does Islam have the right to oppress other religious practitioners? I wouldn't think so, but we've seen it happen.

I also don't agree with preventing immigration, but argue for screening the immigrants and personally, I feel that all immigrants should go through the same process regardless of that person's origins, be it Egypt or Canada; fair, no? So a layout of the screening process should screen everyone. *Russian accent* I'm not selective, they all get screened; no exceptions comrade☭.

Unless, this comment wasn't for me and I just went 'money for nothing'. Derp.

Oh, I did have a question though, should a claimant with scopophobia be subject to removing their hood, mask or helmet for identification purposes? Should one wearing a burka remove their facial covering for identification purposes? I say that's a fair, if not equal, question.

What if an officer (United States) needs to identify someone? Say, on a domestic dispute call? Does an officer have the right or authority to make sure that the individual being beaten (the 911 caller claimed someone in a burka was seen being beaten, so good luck) is okay and unharmed? If the person later dies, is that officer then liable for not making sure the individual was okay?

See, this is a sticky business and can spiral into other things if certain circumstances aren't put in place, such as this domestic dispute. Does someone have the right to seclude their identity from a law enforcement officer in a public area?

Years
    What did you expect? Personally, I think he's just been making a fuss to try and prevent people from actually looking at his sub-par NFL stats ohohoho!

Edit: If he really, really didn't want Trump as president maybe he should have thrown a vote against him? *shrug* he's free to not vote, but I'd like it if he'd stop showing up as news, really. Sub-par athlete with a sub-par attitude.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    ...Clinton would've won in an incredibly-close race by popular vote.

Exactly. Clinton is currently winning the popular vote by 230,000 votes and the NYT expects her to beat Trump by about 700,000 votes when all of California and Washington is fully tallied up, making it a C+1.2 race. Clearly something is wrong here. But, funnily enough, polls were less wrong this year than in 2012.

Years
    I didn't say I wanted to prevent them from wearing attire or practicing their religion. That steps on everyone's freedoms and I'm against that. So, someone else's policies don't make them my policies, on that I want to have a sure footing. I don't really care what someone wears, really. Wear assless chaps if you want, you're free to do so. Besides, unless you're the CCCP☭, you're going to have a difficult time abolishing religion (that's a joke . . . maybe. I'm not sure yet).

I just feel that being able to criticize the religion [Islam] like you are others [other religions] doesn't equate criticizing Muslims. Criticizing Muslims is not the same as criticizing Islam, which is what I am doing [criticizing Islam]. It just so happens that most Islam practitioners are Muslims, and most Islamic extremists pool from the Muslim population. Unfortunate, but Trudeau. I can fully say that there are other groups that practice Islam, as the religion is not fully exclusive to the Muslim people anyway. You've probably seen it on the news 'white/asian/hispanic/black/latino girl converts to Islam' (not extreme example) or 'black/asian/white/hispanic/latino kid runs to join ISIS' (extreme example) or something like that. Let me be a little more clear: Islam is not a group of people.

This doesn't bring up the Islamic practice of slaying Christians or Buddhists though; if one wanted to argue that, it's a valid point to dig into. Does Islam have the right to oppress other religious practitioners? I wouldn't think so, but we've seen it happen.

I also don't agree with preventing immigration, but argue for screening the immigrants and personally, I feel that all immigrants should go through the same process regardless of that person's origins, be it Egypt or Canada; fair, no? So a layout of the screening process should screen everyone. *Russian accent* I'm not selective, they all get screened; no exceptions comrade☭.

Unless, this comment wasn't for me and I just went 'money for nothing'. Derp.

Oh, I did have a question though, should a claimant with scopophobia be subject to removing their hood, mask or helmet for identification purposes? Should one wearing a burka remove their facial covering for identification purposes? I say that's a fair, if not equal, question.

What if an officer (United States) needs to identify someone? Say, on a domestic dispute call? Does an officer have the right or authority to make sure that the individual being beaten (the 911 caller claimed someone in a burka was seen being beaten, so good luck) is okay and unharmed? If the person later dies, is that officer then liable for not making sure the individual was okay?

See, this is a sticky business and can spiral into other things if certain circumstances aren't put in place, such as this domestic dispute. Does someone have the right to seclude their identity from a law enforcement officer in a public area?

Criticism of the religion is fine to an extent sure, but I think you should probably educate yourself more on the religion. Its ethos is honestly extremely similar to Christianity and the extremist acts you describe are not actively encouraged by the religion any more than following Leviticus is to Christians. The problem is definitely some of the people in the religion, not the religion itself.

I am for screening, I just don't think screening should be done by religion.

I would agree that all those things should be removed for the sake of identification but if at all possible in the presence of a female officer in the case of the burka since that is completely fine within "laws" of the religion.

Years
    Criticism of the religion is fine to an extent sure, but I think you should probably educate yourself more on the religion. Its ethos is honestly extremely similar to Christianity and the extremist acts you describe are not actively encouraged by the religion any more than following Leviticus is to Christians. The problem is definitely some of the people in the religion, not the religion itself.
    I think I've seen enough of Islam's religion to give my verified opinion about it.

Of course, it [Islam] is extremely close to Christianity because many historians believe it was inspired by Christianity. This [the Bible] also doesn't change the small fact that Muhammad was a paedo, so there's that. . . and even if the majority rule that 'violence is bad, mmkay?' it still does not take away from the fact that there are more Islamic extremists than there are Christian extremists.

Just because the book [Quran] says don't kill your neighbor (it actually urges you to slay unbelievers and if you don't than you're no better than they) doesn't negate the fact that numerous Islamic terrorist groups/cells exist. I honestly don't think there is anything to educate here really. What the book says and what the book is used for are two very different things. The Islamic religion is used to oppress, is used to murder, is used to maim and it is used to justify it all.

I'm not arguing the absence of Christian extremists, what I am arguing is that you go after a source of anguish. Just because the Christian faith was used by the Spanish Inquisition hundreds of years ago doesn't mean we should plug our ears and go 'la la la' and pretend the Islamic religion isn't used to commit heinous acts of violence. And besides, arguing against Islamic extremists and the use of the religion to kill and oppress actually vouches for Muslim safety! The majority of people killed by terrorists are Muslims! Education is the best route but that makes things difficult when girls can't learn to read or be taught at all. Islam isn't a cuddly thing and it doesn't improve the overall health of the world's well being.

We could go back and forth about other religions and what not, but at the forefront of the issue is Islam. We're not seeing many other doctrines being used to stone women to death today other than the Islamic doctrine *shrug*

Years
    I think I've seen enough of Islam's religion to give my verified opinion about it.

Of course, it [Islam] is extremely close to Christianity because many historians believe it was inspired by Christianity. This [the Bible] also doesn't change the small fact that Muhammad was a paedo, so there's that. . . and even if the majority rule that 'violence is bad, mmkay?' it still does not take away from the fact that there are more Islamic extremists than there are Christian extremists.

Just because the book [Quran] says don't kill your neighbor (it actually urges you to slay unbelievers and if you don't than you're no better than they) doesn't negate the fact that numerous Islamic terrorist groups/cells exist. I honestly don't think there is anything to educate here really. What the book says and what the book is used for are two very different things. The Islamic religion is used to oppress, is used to murder, is used to maim and it is used to justify it all.

I'm not arguing the absence of Christian extremists, what I am arguing is that you go after a source of anguish. Just because the Christian faith was used by the Spanish Inquisition hundreds of years ago doesn't mean we should plug our ears and go 'la la la' and pretend the Islamic religion isn't used to commit heinous acts of violence. And besides, arguing against Islamic extremists and the use of the religion to kill and oppress actually vouches for Muslim safety! The majority of people killed by terrorists are Muslims! Education is the best route but that makes things difficult when girls can't learn to read or be taught at all. Islam isn't a cuddly thing and it doesn't improve the overall health of the world's well being.

We could go back and forth about other religions and what not, but at the forefront of the issue is Islam. We're not seeing many other doctrines being used to stone women to death today other than the Islamic doctrine *shrug*

Exactly.
    You've just said it yourself. People are using the religion to suit their own purposes.

I won't say any more on the matter because you are seemingly beyond convincing and because this really is getting off topic now. Feel free to start up a new thread for this topic if you wish.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    ? Because regardless if he turns out to be the best Republican President since Reagan

Reagan's economic policies are still a huge topic of debate among most people I'm pretty sure and his inaction for the HIV outbreak led to the AIDS epidemic that the free world is still reeling from today. The rest of your post is fine I'm just being a nitpick.

In any case good luck to Trump I guess. I'm imagining the look on that Yam's face once he realizes that he can't do everything he wants at the drop of a pin lmao

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
    What the... what?! Black people are uncivilised "lesser beings"????
    Perhaps I mis-wrote that. To rephrase "I have observed how the lesser beings of each population have acted, and their numbers, and compared to whites, the ratio of blacks being less civilized is pretty great." I would change population to race. Within the various races in society, I have observed more uncivilized blacks compared to whites. As in a bigger ratio.

To start off with this burning dumpster fire of an opinion- it's not even related to the thing that's been said.
    "Minorities have genuine fear founded in reality"
    "Well i'm not fearful and also black people are worse than white people because i don't understand history"
    I don't know what that first quote or second quote is? I guess the first one is yours? Second mine? What genuine fear do black people still have of white people? 50+ year old history? All I see now is white people bending over backwards to appease blacks, and that's simply not how it should be.

As to your second quote, I understand the history perfectly well. I am not fearful of and race or color. I simply am telling you that, from what I have observed, black people have a > percentage of uncivilized people compared to whites. That doesn't mean that I somehow hate all blacks or think they are all lesser or whatever. As I said, I have plenty of black friends, and I don't think they are lesser then me one bit.

Is just... so, so strange to see. I don't even know where to start on that awfully racist idea of less civilised savages, but rest assured the entire thing you've said there is false and not grounded in reality at all. Not to mention that that's just one minority, and you've only just made the point presented stronger through your offensive words and wrong information
    You misread my point, and I do hope the above points cleared this up.

Yeah, I really hate the "oh it's just a buzzword!" mentality. I think calling people racist for supporting a man who has been blatantly anti black, Muslim and Latino at every turn is fair game.
    And that's how civil wars are started.

Now, am I saying that believing is Islam is bad? From my viewpoint, sure, but so is Christianity, Scientology, Buddhism, Judaism, other, etc.\
    I can see everything here but Buddhism. Out of all of the world religions I have ever seen and their scriptures, Buddhism happens to hold a special exclusion for me for being the one that says nothing negative. No stoning, no killing, no hating on infidels or whatever which all of those religions seem to blow over. Not a single scrap of that can be found in Buddhism or it's scripture(?), the Pali Canon.

Atheism also has it's faults as well. I have seen many vehement atheists who staunchly advocate atheism. I've even seen some atheists who act more religiously then Christians.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    Can my eyes roll back further into my own skull from seeing more of these stupid variations of "poisoned skittles" arguments? Find out next time on JDJACKET-Z

Considering this thread already has links about muslim terrorist activity in relation to immigrants that pretty neatly throws that in the garbage where it belongs, what's next on the agenda?

Back