• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2016 US Presidential Elections Thread [Trump Wins]

Years
    Yeah I remember reading that and thinking that was mind boggling. I find it very hard to wrap my head around the fact that those demographics mentioned didn't think Trump was addressing them too. But yeah, I don't know...I really, really don't think that building a wall is the answer - and it's even more crazy to think that a lot of other countries have walls as well - but at the same time, you do need to address the illegal immigration issue but I can't think of another solution unfortunately.
    Maybe a wall isn't the answer, but I do agree that immigration reform is needed, especially if refugees want to enter the country. There is a real need to screen those that do show up in the country. Think of it like going to the airport and the TSA. You don't really like it, but you do it anyway. Shouldn't everyone go through the same channels?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Maybe a wall isn't the answer, but I do agree that immigration reform is needed, especially if refugees want to enter the country. There is a real need to screen those that do show up in the country. Think of it like going to the airport and the TSA. You don't really like it, but you do it anyway. Shouldn't everyone go through the same channels?

Definitely, just like the way it was in the old days with Ellis Island. The big question, however, is what you do with the illegal immigrants who are already in the country. Yes, if you build a wall you'll stop the bleeding and make new immigrants go through a system, but what do you about the other part of the problem: do you deport illegal immigrants who are already over the border and make them go through the right protocol, or do you let them stay in the country, make them go through the procedure to become citizens, and possibly decentivize them if they don't oblige in some way? That's the real issue.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U-t3GetV_Q

There IS a screening process and it's a very, very long winded and indepth system

Years
    Has this quote been mentioned in the thread already? It's a good one, and sums up much of the confusion surrounding this election quite well:

The press takes Trump literally, but not seriously; his supporters take Trump seriously, but not literally.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    This is why Trump won the election. Offend the middle and working class White American all you want, and you'll make sure they'll be in the ballot booth against you election after election.

This is exactly right. The thing about populism is that a character attack on Trump is taken as a character attack on the supporter, which drives them to the polls. Kind weird, right?

And I think @Esper hit the nail on the head about the fears thing.

And I do not believe Trump is racist. Just because you (Aliencommander) think that Trump is racist does not mean that I am suddenly immoral for supporting him. And I also believe Hillary is a racist as well. Im not freaking racist. I wish there was a better candidate than Trump, but there isn't. He was the lesser of two evils in my opinion. So just because I support an "evil" does not make me any more evil than you who supports the other less of two evils.

Years
    This is exactly right. The thing about populism is that a character attack on Trump is taken as a character attack on the supporter, which drives them to the polls. Kind weird, right?

You know, I would go even further and say that there genuine attacks on the character of Trump supporters: they're racists, they're uneducated, they hate women, they're deplorable (and some, I assume, are good people).

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    You know, I would go even further and say that there genuine attacks on the character of Trump supporters: they're racists, they're uneducated, they hate women, they're deplorable (and some, I assume, are good people).

I like what you did there. xD

Seriously though there is truth to your statement. some Trump supporters ARE racists. I would wager most racists probably voted Trump (I used to not think that, but i have been convinced otherwise). Trump attracted the uneducated male vote. Probably the same with the sexists. Deplorable is subjective.

But a lot of Trump voters voted out of hatred for Hillary. One of the benefits of Trump is that he is not Hillary.

I guess you could also say that one of the benefits of Hillary was that she was not Trump.

I hate to have to repeat this again, but I am not a racist. Please dont think of me as one. This should really go without saying. I hate racism and its terrible and it has lead to some of the most awful deeds.

Sir Codin

On the concept of moving out because of Trump, it's sadly not that simple. Many countries in Europe are already salty about the wave of refugees from the middle east, they're certainly not going to be willing to take on waves of "typical Americans." Same probably goes for New Zealand, Canada, and the land down under. Even if you have marketable skills, you will still face a lot of competition not just from locals, but also other would-be immigrants.

Even if you can move, there's still not only the problem of brain drain for the United States (really, if you think it's bad now, all the educated people leaving will make things worse), but also reputation.

Face it: America is a laughing stock. It's been a laughing stock since Bush at latest and it's only continued to get worse despite Obama's best efforts, which will no doubt come under threat of reversion under a Trump regime. The increase in social upheaval and gun violence doesn't help either, if the consternation of many people here on PokeComm outside of America in the numerous threads have been any indication.

Ultimately you're fucked anyway if you move out. What's done is done. You will still be seen as part of the country that elected a man like Trump as it's leader, with all the ridicule and hatred that implies. Europeans and other Western nations weren't very kind to American guests during Bush; what makes you think they'll be any nicer to American IMMIGRANTS who are coming from the same country with an even more divisive leader?

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    But a lot of Trump voters voted out of hatred for Hillary. One of the benefits of Trump is that he is not Hillary.

I guess you could also say that one of the benefits of Hillary was that she was not Trump.

I hate to have to repeat this again, but I am not a racist. Please dont think of me as one. This should really go without saying. I hate racism and its terrible and it has lead to some of the most awful deeds.

But, you supported one. That's the issue. You might not be racist yourself, but you knowingly supported a man who was not only racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynistic ect ect ect who had a political platform that included that.

"It wasn't hillary" isn't a valid excuse when you knew who he was and what his platform was and supported him anyway.

This is effectively throwing minorities under the bus. Regardless of if you think you're racist or not, you supported a man who is to try and put in policies of which more than several are racist. Does this make you worse than someone who is racist and supported him, though, is my question to you? Is it worse that despite not thinking this way about minorities, you still passively supported those views? Supported his attempts to harm them?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    But, you supported one. That's the issue. You might not be racist yourself, but you knowingly supported a man who was not only racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynistic ect ect ect who had a political platform that included that.

"It wasn't hillary" isn't a valid excuse when you knew who he was and what his platform was and supported him anyway.

This is effectively throwing minorities under the bus. Regardless of if you think you're racist or not, you supported a man who is to try and put in policies of which more than several are racist. Does this make you worse than someone who is racist and supported him, though, is my question to you? Is it worse that despite not thinking this way about minorities, you still passively supported those views? Supported his attempts to harm them?

Trump does not have any racist platform.

I support him as the lesser of two evils. This means I recognize he is evil. That does not make me evil. This is pretty basic.

If you want further evidence I am not racist... I am friends with many minorities, my coworkers are minorities, and I have family members that are minorities. I have teachers that are minorities. I myself have been infatuated with minorities.

Stop trying to make me out to be some evil racist deplorable. I dont give a shit about what you think at this point because I have lost almost all respect I have for you. I find this very disrespectful. I consider myself a virtuous person - despite my faults.

If you would like me to apply the same logic you use to you, I will. But i am going to actually give you some decency.

How about we actually have a discussion about Trump without you spewing insults at me and questioning my character?

Reactions: 0
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    Trump does not have any racist platform.

I support him as the lesser of two evils. This means I recognize he is evil. That does not make me evil. This is pretty basic.

You, obviously, do not recognise who was the lesser considering your support of the candidate with nothing to offer.

Trump's support of racist policies like racial profiling, request for thinly veiled race targeted poll monitoring and general stance as "I'm racist" on race policies makes his platform racist.

That's not to mention his dangerous disdain for other minority groups

If you want further evidence I am not racist... I am friends with many minorities, my coworkers are minorities, and I have family members that are minorities. I have teachers that are minorities. I myself have been infatuated with minorities.

How.. how can you lack self awareness this much. This is. Ugh, ok. I'm fairly sure this isn't a joke so i'll address it.

Then, how do your friends feel that you've thrown them under the bus?

Stop trying to make me out to be some evil racist deplorable. I dont give a **** about what you think at this point because I have lost almost all respect I have for you. I find this very disrespectful. I consider myself a virtuous person - despite my faults.

No one is calling you any of those things, besides yourself. In-fact, i said the opposite. You're deflecting and trying to claim being the victim, when i'm just asking you the simple question you really should be asking yourself:

If you're not racist, not homophobic, not xenophobic, not transphobic, why did you support the candidate who is. Why did you support the candidate who will act on these aspect of bigotry and use his power to both legitimise his awful views and harm minorites through policy based on this.

This isn't calling you racist, it's asking how you can justify to yourself supporting the racism of someone else, on a huge scale.

If you would like me to apply the same logic you use to you, I will. But i am going to actually give you some decency.

How about we actually have a discussion about Trump without you spewing insults at me and questioning my character?

I'd actually like to see you try and pin me as... uh... acting recklessly with emails? Being... not racist? With the "same logic" here

I don't think anyone is really flinging insults, but what kind of discussion is there to be had about him? "How racist do you think he will be?" "How many rights and protections will he strip from the LGBT community?" "Which country will he insult first?"

Years
    It's about taking him seriously, not literally. If it's still difficult to grasp after the damage has been done, you must listen harder.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    You, obviously, do not recognise who was the lesser considering your support of the candidate with nothing to offer.

The fact that you think you are so right to call me out out on "not recognizing" who you think is the lesser of two evils, and using the word "obviously," makes you sound condescending.
    Nothing to offer is a strawman.

Trump's support of racist policies like racial profiling, request for thinly veiled race targeted poll monitoring and general stance as "I'm racist" on race policies makes his platform racist.

That's not to mention his dangerous disdain for other minority groups.

I do not support racial profiling as a policy. But Trump supports it as a practical law-enforcement method. Again, this is where I do not agree with Trump and partly why I reluctantly support him.

I would also like to challenge this notion of Trump trampling over minorities. He campaigned in black neighborhoods where they have been struggling for years. He wants to change this. He got a much better hispanic and black vote than Romney did as well. Nor did the minority vote come out for Hillary.

How.. how can you lack self awareness this much. This is. Ugh, ok. I'm fairly sure this isn't a joke so i'll address it.

Then, how do your friends feel that you've thrown them under the bus?

My friendships transcend politics. Our political leanings or support for one candidate or another do not define the friendship. Just because it is your opinion that I have somehow "thrown my friends under the bus," does not mean that I actually have. I do not believe I have.

I am a very self aware person. Since I had depression/anxiety and defeated it so to speak, I have become increasingly self aware. I know my faults and my strengths. I often evaluate myself. Maybe even too much so. anyways, I know myself very well. I also tend to be more quiet in real life: I self-reflect often.

In fact, this is why I have been trying to enact change in my life. Change from the often lazy individual I am. Change from my shyness. Change from my insecurities.

No one is calling you any of those things, besides yourself. In-fact, i said the opposite. You're deflecting and trying to claim being the victim, when i'm just asking you the simple question you really should be asking yourself:

If you're not racist, not homophobic, not xenophobic, not transphobic, why did you support the candidate who is. Why did you support the candidate who will act on these aspect of bigotry and use his power to both legitimise his awful views and harm minorites through policy based on this.

This isn't calling you racist, it's asking how you can justify to yourself supporting the racism of someone else, on a huge scale.
    I interpreted the questions as accusatory. I am sorry if I was wrong.

Anyways, I answered the question. In my OPINION, Trump is the lesser of two evils. This logically makes me NOT racist. Why can't you accept this? You may disagree that Trump is the lesser of two evils, but that fact that I believe he is the lesser of two evils excepts me from being racist.

I'd actually like to see you try and pin me as... uh... acting recklessly with emails? Being... not racist? With the "same logic" here

I don't think anyone is really flinging insults, but what kind of discussion is there to be had about him? "How racist do you think he will be?" "How many rights and protections will he strip from the LGBT community?" "Which country will he insult first?"
    I wouldnt try to "pin" you. That would not be the purpose. I sympathize with you thinking she is the lesser of two evils. I understand that your support for Hillary Clinton does not reflect your character. Likewise, my support for Trump does not reflect my character. i would rather not go there and actually have a discussion on Trump's policies. What will he try to enact? Can he enact them? To what extent? Will he have the support to do so? etc.

I interpreted your post as insulting. If you couldn't tell, I do not like my character being questioned.

The fact that those are the 3 questions you pose about a potential discussion about Trump (and implying there isn't much to discuss about him other than this one focus) -in my opinion - displays your closed-mindedness. I have gathered that you do not stray much from the leftist narrative you seem to follow dogmatically. If you dont, say otherwise. I dont want to paint you as a person you are not.

We can get into a discussion about the LGBT community and Trump. How about we talk about this? you brought it up.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    The fact that you think you are so right to call me out out on "not recognizing" who you think is the lesser of two evils, and using the word "obviously," makes you sound condescending.

It's not, though, outside of... his childcare policy, i believe it is, he offers literally nothing possible or beneficial to the American people over Hillary.

I do think i'm right to call you out on voting in someone who is unoqvicably a bad person with bad policies that people who know things about... just about any subject he writes policy on, able and willing to tell you this. If you think Clinton is the lesser of two evils to a man who terrifies minorities and stands atop a rhetoric of racist, homophobia, xenophobia and sexism then what am i supposed to tell you? You've strawmanned Clinton into the devil incarnate despite her policies and track record being better, and her political experience... existing?

I do not support racial profiling as a policy. But Trump supports it as a practical law-enforcement method. Again, this is where I do not agree with Trump and partly why I reluctantly support him.

"I don't support the racist parts of his policy" isn't really a defence. He still has that policy, he still intends to act upon it. Your personal support for it or not means nothing to him, and won't change anything considering you still voted for the support of racial profiling (Not that you voted, i don't think? Voted in a metaphorical sense, through support of him as a whole)

I would also like to challenge this notion of Trump trampling over minorities. He campaigned in black neighborhoods where they have been struggling for years. He wants to change this. He got a much better hispanic and black vote than Romney did as well. Nor did the minority vote come out for Hillary.

He went to those "black neighbourhoods" and did nothing to help them or sway them, and that means nothing? "He campaigned in a black community!!! See he's not racist!!!" Is... removed from reality.
    Remember his patronising speech? Remember "You're all living in poverty! You're all unemployed! What do you have to lose with voting for me?" Or that time he was incredibly disrespectful during his visit to a church in one of those "black neighbourhoods"?

"Trump got a better hispanic vote than romney" isn't a huge achievement and, again, as the vast majority of minorities rallied behind clinton it means even less. Who voted for him doesn't make him less racist?

My friendships transcend politics. Our political leanings or support for one candidate or another do not define the friendship. Just because it is your opinion that I have somehow "thrown my friends under the bus," does not mean that I actually have. I do not believe I have.

Your friendships might, but the effect of your support will, too, transcend purely politics and impact their lives.

Well, too bad? Do you have any gay friends, or family? You supported the candidate that wishes to take their rights and protections away. He campaigned on this. His VP supports conversion therapy, defunded STI treatment and facilities and said he'd rather spend the money on that. He, by proxy, encourages harassment of them, violence towards them. They will be negatively affected.

Do you have any Muslim friends, or family? You supported the candidate who suspects them, who is willing to ban people like them from entering the country. Who thinks poorly of them. Who thinks them incompatible with American society. Who cultures a fear of them. Who, by proxy, encourages harassment of them, violence towards them.

Do have any Transgender friends, or family? You supported the candidate who devalues them, and their existence. Who wishes, and campaigned on, stripping their rights and protections. Who wants to put them as second class citizens, force them to be uncomfortable with who they are and legally make them use the bathroom of the complete opposite gender. Who's VP has already done these things, or tried to in his own state.

Do you have friends or family of ethnic minorities? You supported the candidate who thinks ill of them. Who stereotypes them. Who, depending on their nationality, does not want them in the country. Who's supporters, which he is more than hesitant to decry, devalue them. Who is fine with the KKK supporting him. Who's policies and personal positions make the KKK support him.

Do you have friends or family who are women? You supported the candidate who bragged about sexual assault. Who was accused of rape by more than one person. Who is currently in court for a prior case of accused child rape. Who is friends with a paedophile. Who devalues, and demeans, women for their gender. Who is a genuine skeeze, especially towards the models/young women that were in his pageants.

Do you have friends or family who are white, male, and not LGBT? You supported the candidate who's poor policies make them worse off as a whole, even if they're not phased by his rhetoric.

I am a very self aware person. Since I had depression/anxiety and defeated it so to speak, I have become increasingly self aware. I know my faults and my strengths. I often evaluate myself. Maybe even too much so. anyways, I know myself very well. I also tend to be more quiet in real life: I self-reflect often.

In fact, this is why I have been trying to enact change in my life. Change from the often lazy individual I am. Change from my shyness. Change from my insecurities.

Well, i'm sorry to hear about your struggle and know how hard that can be (Although i don't really see how it relates?).

I guess i should explain that "I'm not racist, i have black friends" or any variation thereof is a fairly common... meme? Not meme, but something mocked a lot. A logical fallacy, i guess.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Friend_argument
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQu...oesnt_the_im_not_racist_i_have_black_friends/

I was trying to note that it's basically the same thing that you've presented there.

It is accusatory, i guess, but it's not accusing you of racism. It's asking for self reflection on your support and the effect that has on people.

I can't stress enough that even if you're not bigoted you supported the candidate who was, and intended to act on this, that's.... something? That needs some self reflection

Anyways, I answered the question. In my OPINION, Trump is the lesser of two evils. This logically makes me NOT racist. Why can't you accept this? You may disagree that Trump is the lesser of two evils, but that fact that I believe he is the lesser of two evils excepts me from being racist.

Uh. Not really. You can think trump is bad but not the worst while also being racist. When you're excusing and supporting by proxy Trump's racism, bigotry ect it doesn't matter if you personally are racist or not as much as your actions supported someone who was, and you supported the spread and power of this rhetoric.

"I'm not racist, but i support the KKK. They should be allowed to do what they want"

Is basically the same thing, if not kind of hyperbolic

I wouldnt try to "pin" you. That would not be the purpose. I sympathize with you thinking she is the lesser of two evils. I understand that your support for Hillary Clinton does not reflect your character. Likewise, my support for Trump does not reflect my character. i would rather not go there and actually have a discussion on Trump's policies. What will he try to enact? Can he enact them? To what extent? Will he have the support to do so? etc.

I interpreted your post as insulting. If you couldn't tell, I do not like my character being questioned.

How would it reflect poorly, though, is my question? What traits would be pinned on me as you felt were pinned on you, were you to do that? I can't really conceive anything that would be worse than Trump or what you felt you'd been called.

I have to say i really don't sympathise with your decision to support Trump as the lesser of two evils here though, when he's both a real danger to real people and has the worst policies overall, that we've even discussed in this thread?
    Things like boosting the failed system of trickle down economics, wanting to cut tax to himself and the rich, wanting to take the oil from foreign countries as "payment", wanting to "re-neogitate" historic deals despite doing so almost certaily being damaging. Wanting to roll back marriage equality, wanting to strip protections from LGBT people, wanting to make it easier for the government to sue the media. All self serving nonsense.

The fact that those are the 3 questions you pose about a potential discussion about Trump (and implying there isn't much to discuss about him other than this one focus) -in my opinion - displays your closed-mindedness. I have gathered that you do not stray much from the leftist narrative you seem to follow dogmatically. If you dont, say otherwise. I dont want to paint you as a person you are not.

...How does it display close mindedness and what is a "leftist narrative" besdies a grouping of words intended to downplay and devalue my argument? There isn't much else to talk about besides "how much will trump damage the nation" because he doesn't have anything else outlined in his policy or part of his personality that would make discussion of anything else conductive or probably even possible

We can get into a discussion about the LGBT community and Trump. How about we talk about this? you brought it up.

What in particular would you like to discuss on Trump and LBGT issues? That he's... bad for LGBT people, and not shy about it? That his VP is a horribly homophobic person who advocates for the equivalence of torture (As equated by the UN torture section) for LGBT people?

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    I'm really angry that Trump won, and that the VP is Pence who supports conversion therapy and is an advocate for anti LGBT AND he hates women. Basically.. we're fucked. I'm fucked considering I'm a part of the LGBT community sort of. I'm just so worried. Sorry for ranting..I just. I'm so scared. I don't want my freedom taken away because of my sexuality and gender.

I'm legitimately terrified. That's all I have to say unless someone else decides to respond to me.

Years

The problem here is that Trump's policies are inherently tied to his worldview - which is racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, homophobic, Christian (this one's not inherently bad it just plays a part) and anti-Islamic.

His primary, most-notable policy (the key focus of his campaign) is ineffective, poorly thought out anti-immigration reforms to a system that already makes getting into your country a living hell. He wants to waste millions on a wall that will change little (not that he's realised it will waste millions because he still thinks Mexico will pay for it.... which says a lot in and of itself). He also wants to make it an even harder and more unpleasant/arduous experience to enter the USA LEGALLY. This is totally ineffective and will only cause a rise in illegal immigration.

His next major policy is to cut taxes - primarily to the rich it seems. This is called trickle-down economics. This has been proven over and over to not work and it's going to ruin your economy. The way to run an economy is "from each according to their means to each according to their needs". The rich should pay higher taxes. They're privileged people of greater means and as such should use those means to greater support their country. Instead, Trump is going to stop that. Your economy is going to suffer and the debt deficit is going to increase - destroying Obama's efforts to lower it (which he did btw, Trump is full of shit when he said Obama made the debt worse).

Trump also claims that he's going to help improve conditions in inner-city areas and create more jobs. But that's pretty much impossible because logic unfortunately applies to economics. How can he possibly do this whilst simultaneously ruining your economy? Companies will not be able to afford to pay more employees. He's completely against the public sector as well, so there'll be no new government positions and people working for their government may even lose their jobs in the long run. Oh, not to mention he wants privately run education so the poor and uneducated will probably remain that way which will make it even harder for them to find well paying jobs. The Republicans own the government right now, so minimum wage won't be increasing either. So, ironically, one of the demographics that turned out the most for Trump is the most screwed.

Trump intends to hand control of gay marriage back to the states. Even ignoring that states should not have power over civil rights matters nor power to rival the federal government in any other sense, this is a "covert" way of opposing gay marriage. Many Americans will now have their previously official marriages rendered illegal in conservative states and I wouldn't be shocked if the awful supreme court he's going to have go that one step further and render it illegal everywhere. This is going to cause all kinds of problems with things like insurance companies and adoption and it's not going to be easy for people to just up and move to one of the few states where gay marriage will remain.

It get's better though! Trumps fifth policy is that he wants to repeal Obamacare and return healthcare entirely to the private sector. Now, yes this will create competition and prices will drop. But they will never drop to the point that they are cheaper than public healthcare paid for by taxes - especially if done in full and not half-assed like Obamacare because that would be pretty much free and eventually they'll stop dropping entirely as profits begin to take a hit and other methods of luring in customers are discovered. So health insurance will be too expensive for a lot of people and medical care will be too expensive for those who don't have health insurance.

Trump is also very pro-second amendment. I could talk about this one forever and I'd inevitably derail the thread but suffice to say the excessive gun violence in the US isn't going away. So your homicide rates will probably remain ridiculously high for a first world country. I also suspect suicide rates will rise dramatically.

Last, but certainly not least, Trump intends to ally with Russia and cut ties with allies in Asia and the Middle East (and Europe?). This is going to do two things. Firstly, it's going to alienate many of your current allies across Europe, South America, Asia/Oceania and Africa. Secondly, it's going to create an enormous power imbalance. This is even more concerning because it's going to leave Russia - a very dangerous nation - completely unchecked because the only other real superpower (China doesn't count they aren't very involved in global politics outside Asia to the best of my knowledge and they'd never oppose Russia anyway) is now lead by a man who wants to follow in their footstep and who very obviously fears them. This is going to give Russia complete control in the Middle East and unprecedented control of the world stage. This will put other countries such as England and Australia under greater strain. This is without even mentioning Trump/Putin wanting to leave/end NATO. Basically global politics are going to become extremely tense and unstable now because Trump is scared of Putin and hates everyone else.

Everything else from Trump's platform is just rhetoric with no explanation like "take care of our veterans" or "make America great again" or straight up contradictory. Unfortunately though it's his substanceless rhetoric and white-nationalist bullshit that a lot of people voted for. If people actuall bothered to educate themselves and looked into these policies - as you have rightly encouraged us to do - they'd realise that the only people who stand to actually benefit from them are the straight, right and rich white men that attend Trumps parties - the exact people who these voters hate Clinton from taking donations from... oh and also Russia.

This is all still ignoring that Trump's policies are not the most dangerous thing about him as POTUS. In fact, even his bad temper and ego are not the most dangerous things about Trump's looming presidency. What makes a Trump presidency especially dangerous is that it legitimizes the racism, xenophobia, misogyny, homophobia and Islamophobia that all his awful policies are based on. Discrimination against minorities and women is now socially acceptable and trampling on the poor is now socially acceptable. The success of a presidential campaign built on those principals has done that. Being neo-Nazi or a member of the KKK is totally reasonable by the US' new standards. Trump did that. It's not about "all Trump supporters are racist herp derp bluh", that's not true and we all know it. That doesn't matter because the the ones that are have just been vindicated and the ones of you that are otherwise perfectly reasonable human beings played a big part in allowing that to happen. I don't think less of you or anyone else who supports Trump as human beings based solely on your vote/support, but I think you've made a horrible decision.

The thing that bemuses me the most though, is that a great number of the people who are going to be most negatively effected by this - uneducated members of the working class - are the ones who stand to take some of the biggest hits. To those of you who fit that description and still voted for Trump, don't complain when the shit hits the fan for you because you brought this on yourselves.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's justifiable, based purely on the right to abstain, sure doesn't mean it was wise.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Definitely a justifiable decision. Probably not the wisest thing though. This doesn't even shock me tbqh.

Back