• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2021 Pokémon goals

Years
    finish a nuzlocke for the first time ever! gonna start off with easy games from Gen 6 or smth so hopefully i won't cry too much lol.

Years
    • Seen today
    Not really goals, but there are a few ideas I'd like to try, like Rock monotype (because Rock is one of my three less used types so I think it would be interesting), or also "Animal" themed runs if possible (Bears, dinosaurs, etc.) Months ago I did a monkey-themed run with Rillaboom, Infernape, Primeape, Ambipom, Darmanitan and Oranguru in a fan-game and it was pretty fun.

Years
    • Online now
    I would like to soft reset enough to find a shiny legendary. It just requires so much patience and I always scum to the tedium and quit.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I have like 4 challenges I've been meaning to finish and a major project that might not even get finished this year.

And a few other challenges I've been meaning to start.

Outside of that, I should probably actually finish a playthrough of Sun, since I never actually got that far on it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    I would like to download an emulator and perhaps rom hacks.

Years
    I would like to soft reset enough to find a shiny legendary. It just requires so much patience and I always scum to the tedium and quit.

i realized shiny hunting wasn't for me when i tried to do it for the Johto starters and i got sooo bored by the 85th SR lol. if i have free time and motivation this year, i may actually wanna try and go for one of the easier shiny hunts. i remember seeing youtube videos from a hunter detailing some of those.
    I would like to download an emulator and perhaps rom hacks.

broo advanced welcome to the rom hack gaming community :D don't hesitate to hmu if you need recommendations.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I would really just like to finally own a Switch and play Sword and Shield, they look so amazingly done.

Also, I want to go outside this summer and play GO more often, but it depends on COVID and how safe it is around here.

pkmin3033

Maybe carry on with my ultimate mono flying challenge with an Emerald playthrough? Idk I don't like Gen III but I want to play the definitive version of it which necessitates Emerald.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Mainly just beating Platinum. After that I've played at least one game of each region up to gen 7. I'm still on the fence if I should play a gen 8 game, though.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    Try to complete the Poké Dex in some of the older games, or at least fill them up as much as possible

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    Replay Unova for the whatever'th time because it's full of life.

And I think I'll start reading the pokémon manga. Never tried it out. Oh, and the new anime too. It's been forever since I watched any Pokémon related stuff that's not video games.

Try to complete the Poké Dex in some of the older games, or at least fill them up as much as possible
    Woah. All the best in this endeavour

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
    -Try to finish the Pokedex in White 2 using the wifi trick. I need maybe 30 or 40 more Pokemon.
    -Finally complete my playthrough of Emerald. I started it around 3 years ago and still haven't defeated the elite 4...
    -Do a nuzlocke/challenge run of whatever game. I only did one once, and I lost at Burgh's gym...
    -Get more shinies! My list is starting to get a bit long.
    -idk watch more of the anime? I'll watch an episode or two every now and then, but maybe I can watch an entire season.

Years
    hope you guys made good progress on your 2021 pokemon goals so far!! only the fourth month though, so no pressure

... not like i have any pokemon-related goals myself. u_u other than trying to shiny hunt more, maybe? i'd like to expand upon my shiny collection...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I think for me it's just picking up whatever new Pokemon games that come out. Maybe actually start watching Pokemon Journeys? But that's a huge maybe.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I'm hoping to finish some full-odds Shiny-hunts, especially Tyrogue and either a male or Gen. II Sneasel, and get back into drawing and making custom cards. I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for more things to add to my "RealDex" (I'm especially hoping to come across a Tersa Sphinx caterpillar to add as Dunsparce, it more closely resembling the Tsuchinoko than other hornworms in my range). And playing New Pokémon Snap, of course!

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Live dex. Ever since I saw Went's when he came to visit that's been my ultimate goal.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm hoping to release a few more resources for Pokémon Essentials, and maybe finish my own fangame :S
    I am confident in my ability to finish the resources I have in mind. As for the fangame, I have a hard time writing the story, so it's probably optimistic to expect a deadline this year ^^"

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    - Play B2/W2 or SW/SH again
    - Continue collecting Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur trading cards

Back