• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming Challenge

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    ^ gdi Klippy.

Day 27: Most epic scene ever.

Bioshock was my choice as well. :P

It doesn't specify a cutscene, just a scene! So I've selected a very specific moment in the game as my choice: The big reveal in the middle of the game that 98% of The Internet™ already knows about but I'm gonna spoiler it, anyway.

Spoiler:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 27 - Most epic scene ever.

Tired of trying to think of something, so I'll just say only scene that comes to mind. I still remember the whole wedding crashing scene in FFX being my favorite part of the whole game. The party sliding down the rail with the delicious music playing really gives you a sense of excitement. {:3} Maybe a little bit ridiculous but that's what makes it badass.

Spoiler:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Day 28 - Favorite game developer.

The easiest day so far. Square Enix. While I do prefer the work they did when they were Squaresoft, Square Enix is still a bit younger than the original and it has released some good fun games and has been profitable. And they are still my favorite even if every game they put out isn't the best.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years

Probably one of the harder decisions I've had to make! If you had asked me a few years ago, I'd probably have told you Bioware thanks to how Mass Effect's story was shaping up. If you asked me many years ago, I'd have told you Valve for their genius series like Portal, Half-Life, and Team Fortress. If you ask me today, I guess I'd struggle a bit more. There's a lot of top-notch developers out there, but I'd say there's a close battle between Nintendo, Bethesda, and TellTale. I'm loving the stuff I've gotten from each one: Mario Kart and Smash Bros, Skyrim and Fallout, Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us...

Hard choice. Nintendo has the most support when it comes to longevity, as developers like Bioware and Valve have disappointed me and Nintendo has never lost my support. If Nintendo is making a product, you can usually guarantee I'll be buying it. Bethesda is making some of my favorite stories and experiences come to life though, as I can go play Skyrim and craft my own type of world and own character, which is great.

Though in terms of most confidence and support, TellTale has my heart right now. The Wolf Among Us was my darling sleeper hit of 2014 and I am pumped to experience Game of Thrones soon. The Walking Dead has earned a place among my favorite gaming series. So right now, I guess I gotta give it to TellTale.

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years

Treasure, a game company who pretty much made some of the best games for the Genesis and Beyond (Dynamite Headdy, McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure, Gunstar Heroes, Wario World, Mischief Makers)

Yukari

Well, I'm going to go with Nintendo. I'd go with them because... They've just made so many excellent and innovative titles, the Mario series being a good example. They focus more on creativity and innovation then a lot of other companies, and that really pays off. While it isn't as if they haven't made any bad games, the majority is really good and you can overlook the failures.

Sir Codin

- Bioware (at least until the last couple of years)
    - Nintendo
    - Black Isle Studios
    - Bethesda
    - Obsidian Entertainment
    - Valve

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Day 28 - Favorite Game Developer(s):
    Eh, suppose it would like Nippon Ichi and NamcoBandai or Namcobanda or whatever the fuck they call themselves these days and Bethesda (if they'd work on dealing with bugs/glitches) and the obligatory Nintendo answer.

Oh and Intelligent Systems

Last edited:

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    28: Favorite Game Developer(s).

I don't really follow developers/publishers that closely; just for a few franchises I've always really loved. More recent games? Or all the Indie games I love? There's just too damn many to keep track anymore. :P Half the time I can't even remember if a game was developed or published by the name on the box.

As I mentioned in the Recent Purchases thread, Nintendo monopolizes on my childhood. So Nintendo, first and foremost.
    Capcom follows close behind, purely for Resident Evil.
    Konami and whoever the hell else makes Silent Hill games these days. Except for Climax because of Shattered Memories. That was a bad game.

DLC shenanigans aside, I do like a lot of the things that EA puts out - developed first-hand or otherwise. I don't really care if they're more a publisher than dev these days.
    I wish I could say the same for Bethesda but their buggy, incomplete games are starting to get to me.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 28 - Favorite Game Developer

Intelligent Systems! For creating two of my favorites series in Fire Emblem and Paper Mario. I guess I could just say Nintendo, but gotta get down to the specifics. The Advance Wars series isn't half bad a series as well.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    This is not the most epic scene ever, but of the games I played even remotely recently, this is what came to mind first -

FINAL FIGHT BETWEEN BIGBY AND BLOODY MARY

Granted, it was only visually epic since the outcome of the fight was rather predictable, but that was still immensely cool to watch. Bloody Mary's Fable form is unsettling and gross, and I love it. And of course, Bigby finally goes full wolf here, which was awesome because that's how he really looks in the comics when he wolfs up (I was starting to think they'd never show his real form - I honestly don't care for his semi-wolf/werewolf form).

Day 28 - Favorite Game Developer.

I honestly don't pay too much attention to developers - like I know who makes what but beyond that I don't really keep up with the news around them or what their inner workings are like. I guess I'll go with Naughty Dog and Square Enix, because I can actually recognize a couple key people within the companies and admire them for their individual work (mainly the ones on the creative side of things, like the writers, directors, artists and composers). Also a shoutout to Freebird Games, because they're very good at the aforementioned 'creative things', especially for such a small team.

And obviously, I do like the games they put out. :P

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving.

I only played a little bit of Advanced Warfare, expecting to hate it as I do many Call of Duty games, but I really did enjoy the short experience I had with it and found it to be fresh when compared to some of the other titles in the series. :)

Years
    Oh man I've been gone too long, but luckily I'm now all caught up for the finale of the 30 day challenge tomorrow!

Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style.

Ok so I've never played this game, but Silent Hills (P.T.) seems to be a game with some awesome graphics. Plus as an added bonus you get the Walking Dead dude which makes the game even better.

Day 24 - Favorite classic game.

After I played Earthbound on an emulator, I haven't looked back. This game THE classic game for everyone. I don't know how you could ever hate this game.
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing.

This game is gonna be amazing! From what I've heard so far from critics this game is a great remake and I'm really excited to get it!​

Day 26 - Best voice acting.

I swear like I feel like half my answers is something about Kid Icarus: Uprising.​

Spoiler:

Day 28 - Favorite Game Developer

Nintendo just because. :P

Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving.

I'm pretty sure I've already talked about this one, but I just love this game. The story was amazing, the characters were amazing, the graphics were just perfect for the game. I have no complaints with this game.​

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Day 29: A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving.

I remember Juno bringing this one up while she and I were discussing the "hard" ones on this list over Steam. Usually the complete opposite is true for us, so we were both a little stumped on it. :P
    Personally, I don't usually demo games in any sense of the word. I just buy things that look interesting or sequels in established franchises that I have deemed good, so the idea of a "game I thought I wouldn't like" already had me at a loss, lol.

I believe I have an answer now, however.

Last summer/fall/some time that it was hot here in The South, I purchased the 2K bundle on Humble Bundle. There were very few "new" games in it for me; most ended up being gifted or traded, all I even remember keeping were The Darkness 2 and Spec Ops: The Line.

Spec Ops: The Line. is my answer.

Spoiler:

Wow, let me just write a fucking novel about my PTSD-related guilty pleasure, holy crap. Spoilered for size.

tl;dr I thought I would hate it for its content, but I ended up loving it for just that reason. Oh wait that was the question.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Day 29: A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving.

Pretty much all of my gaming library. I really didn't like Prince of Persia when I first started playing it, it seemed incredibly boring but it got pretty good towards the middle/end. However there is one game that really stands out for me for this day, and it's Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning. I hadn't ever heard of the game until one of my friends started talking about it one day. When I said that I hadn't ever heard of it he started freaking out and talked about it so much that I was really dreading playing it because he made it sound so boring. However once I started playing it I realized it was actually a beautiful game and I loved it so that I ended up trading him my Skyrim for it.

Yukari

Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving

Plants VS Zombies. The game sounded to silly and immature for me to enjoy, but I picked it up when it was on the house and... Wow, that game is FUN. I've always loved tower defense games and this one is a triumph in my opinion. It's addition, the game was actually really funny, something else I love about it.

Yeah, unexpectedly I grew to love it.

Sir Codin

Day 29. A Game You Thought You Wouldn't Like, But Liked Anyway

Bravely Default

Not a big fan of modern Square games, but this one's pretty ballin'.

Back