• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(????`)

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
  • (´・ω・`)

Hi! I am Noa! I reached 20 posts (I think...) so I thought I'd make one of these for myself!
    I like cute anime with cute girls, Japanese idols and all manner of Japanese music, handheld games, dogs, and food, as well as a myriad of other things I'm interested in!
    I am bilingual in English and French and I'm studying Japanese as well, languages are one of my passions. I am trying to become a registered translator by the end of 2017.
    I'll answer almost any question as best I can!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hii Noa~ Questions for you!

What are your favourite anime?

Why are you interested in Japanese culture?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Noa!! :D

What's your favorite Japanese food?

What's your favorite Japanese word?

What are some of your favorite non-anime cartoons, if any?

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • What are your favourite anime?

My favorite anime are any ones featuring cute girls doing cute things, so I like slice of life and mahou shoujo the most! Some of my favorite series are Ojamajo Doremi, Yuru Yuri, Lucky Star, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka?, and Love Live. I'm a real sucker for cuteness! But, I like some more action-y anime like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Hunter x Hunter too!

(????`)

Why are you interested in Japanese culture?

I've been interested in Japanese culture from a very young age, ever since my 2nd grade teacher, a Japanese woman showed us Japanese documentaries. They were documentaries about origami, gardens, architecture- looking back I can't remember why she showed them to us but I found them so magical.

(????`)

Why do I enjoy Japanese culture so much? Maybe it's just because I'm looking through the lens of a foreigner but I've always just felt a complete sense of comfort and calm when engaging in Japanese culture and media, whether it's tea, architecture, festivals, anime, games, music... They really have an amazing way of doing things!

(????`)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • DOGS! You mentioned dogs. :D What are your favorite breeds? What've you owned, if any? And of course everything about them if so.

Secondly, what's the process like for becoming a translator? :o

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Do you speak French often? How do you practice (unless you're a native French speaker)?

At the moment, I don't actually speak much French, because I've been busy at work! I've been meaning to join some meet-up groups. Really, I'd like to go to France once a year to fine-tune my skills- they're getting rusty!

(????`)

Cutest anime girl right now? ;3

As you can probably tell, I'm very into Alice from Kiniro Mosaic right now! She's insanely adorable!

(????`)

Favorite handheld game?

Excluding Pokemon, it's gotta be Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town! It's one of my most treasured games of all time.

(????`)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • 1) How do you like your meat cooked?
    A) Fried
    B) Roasted
    C) Grilled
    D) Raw
    E) Boiled
    F) Blasted with Radiation
    G) Yelled at by Pewdiepie
    H) Electrified via an electric chair
    I) Smacked with a lot of Eggs. Lots and Lots of Eggs

2) What are your favorite cliches in anime and video games

3) If you ever had to watch an anime or an episode of an anime where it involves psycho little girls who wield sharp weapons and firearms that spend most of their time being told by their pimp slave master to kill as many mobsters as they can, would you watch that?

4) What would be your chosen means of torture in Truth or Dare:
    A) Make them read My Immortal, the most infamous fanfiction ever written
    B) Make them watch Boku no Pico, ALL THREE Episodes, Uncensored
    C) Have them read Guro manga (can't mention one as of the moment).
    D) Force them to read a whole essay in a foreign language

5) In the next life you were given a choice among a pool of choices to be reincarnated as a (cute) monster girl, what kind of monster would you like to be?

A) Lamia = Half Woman half snake (upper body of a human female, lower body of a snake)
    B) Harpy
    C) Centaur
    D) Slime-girl
    E) Mermaid
    F) Arachne = Half Woman half spider (Upper body humanoid, lower half Spider)
    G) Dullahan = rider/reaper with a detachable head
    H) Zombie-girl
    I) Dryad
    J) Monoeye = basically having one BIG eye while still keeping a rather humanoid and bipedal body
    K) Doppelganger
    L) Dragonewt = Half woman half dragon
    M) Ogre = and not the Shrek kind.
    N) Devil
    O) Nekomimi/Nekomata

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • DOGS! You mentioned dogs. :D What are your favorite breeds? What've you owned, if any? And of course everything about them if so.

Yes! I love dogs so very much! They're so cute!

I love all breeds equally but I'm especially fond of shiba inus, shih tzus, corgis and golden retrievers. I have a Chinese Crested Powderpuff named Maggie, here is a picture of her! She's almost 13 years old.

Spoiler:

Secondly, what's the process like for becoming a translator? :o

Well, anyone can be a translator, but I'd like to be a registered translator which means I'd be an official translator under the American Translators Association. It gives me a better chance at better jobs. But, it's really hard sometimes!

I have to take a certificate program that will last for about two years. Then when I'm done, I have to take the three-hour translation exam... That has a 30% pass rate! I can't say I'm not nervous. But, that's still about a year away. I have time, I can do it!

1) How do you like your meat cooked?

It's gotta be grilled meat! Yum yum yum!

2) What are your favorite cliches in anime and video games

Cliches... If that's anything similar to tropes, I'm always a huge sucker for clumsy, airheaded girls who can't cook and are always tripping. You know the type.

3) If you ever had to watch an anime or an episode of an anime where it involves psycho little girls who wield sharp weapons and firearms that spend most of their time being told by their pimp slave master to kill as many mobsters as they can, would you watch that?

"psycho little girls who wield sharp weapons and firearms" you mean Higurashi, one of my favorite anime?

Yes, I'd probably watch that except for the pimp part, that's creepy.

4) What would be your chosen means of torture in Truth or Dare:
    A) Make them read My Immortal, the most infamous fanfiction ever written
    B) Make them watch Boku no Pico, ALL THREE Episodes, Uncensored
    C) Have them read Guro manga (can't mention one as of the moment).
    D) Force them to read a whole essay in a foreign language

Oh god My Immortal
    I'd probably go with C.

A) Lamia = Half Woman half snake (upper body of a human female, lower body of a snake)
    B) Harpy
    C) Centaur
    D) Slime-girl
    E) Mermaid
    F) Arachne = Half Woman half spider (Upper body humanoid, lower half Spider)
    G) Dullahan = rider/reaper with a detachable head
    H) Zombie-girl
    I) Dryad
    J) Monoeye = basically having one BIG eye while still keeping a rather humanoid and bipedal body
    K) Doppelganger
    L) Dragonewt = Half woman half dragon
    M) Ogre = and not the Shrek kind.
    N) Devil
    O) Nekomimi/Nekomata

I've always thought goo-girls were cute! So one of those.

i was forced here

1. fav bowie album?
    2. how did you and your boyfriend meet?
    3. how long have you been working at that place?
    4. bruh?
    5. when did you get into jojo?
    6. am i cool?
    7. least fav pokemon?
    8. fav bowie song?

1. Low is really, really, really great, really relaxing, especially the instrumental tracks, and What in the World is one of my favorite Bowie songs!
    2. We met at college, during a Magic the Gathering game! Also, coincidentally the first night that I ever left campus.
    3. 9 happy months! I'm excited for my work anniversary to come up soon.
    Spoiler:

5. Early 2012 I think? A few months before the anime came out. I was interested in it and caught up fast.
    6. Yes.
    7. Avalugg more like AvalUGLY
    8. THERE'S A STARRRRRMAAAAN WAITING IN THE SKY, HE SAYS HE'D LIKE TO MEET US BUT HE THINKS HE'D BLOW OUR MINDS

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • 1) I'm going to mention a couple of anime and other animated series and tell me if some of these ring-a-bel to you, and what is your opinion towards it? (some of these are my personal favorites so we wont share the same opinion with the animes i like, the others are just random things that popped)

Spoiler:

2) If you ever had a Battle Theme, what would it be?

3) If you ever lived in a world full of Violence and EDGE, like the world in Old Detroit of Robocop, what would be your weapon of choice against mobsters, gangsters, hoodrats, dirty cops, SWAT teams gone rogue, the Asian Illuminati, the Lemongrab Party, and the Brotherhood of NOD, among many many other hostiles.

4) (As my first serious actual question) => What do you think are some of the best steps in helping people reduce the use of "SWAG" and "YOLO" in our everyday speech?

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Hey Noa, not to get all up on your grill but have you ever seen this? Whenever I see that face now I can't help but think back to that...

Hunter x Hunter is awesome though I agree!

Lol I have seen this story, I definitely think it's fake though. At least, I think maybe the first post was real and someone took on it and attempted (and succeeded) to blow it out of proportion. It's a very wild tale, isn't it?

Yes, HxH is great! I still haven't finished it, though.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Few questions for you~

Have any favourite Japanese idols? Do you like any idol groups?

Any plans to go to Japan? Want to go anywhere else in the world - whether to live there or just a holiday?

How do you like your anime? Marathoning it in one go or watching it new as they air? Is there any anime you've ended up disliking?

Have any other goals, aspirations bucket list (aside from being a translator) for 2016 or for the future in general?

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Few questions for you~

Have any favourite Japanese idols? Do you like any idol groups?

Any plans to go to Japan? Want to go anywhere else in the world - whether to live there or just a holiday?

How do you like your anime? Marathoning it in one go or watching it new as they air? Is there any anime you've ended up disliking?

Have any other goals, aspirations bucket list (aside from being a translator) for 2016 or for the future in general?

Favorite Japanese idols? I have a lot! At the moment my kami-oshi (which means my most beloved idol) is Matsuoka Natsumi, she's from a group called HKT48. I love AKB48 and all of it's sister groups, they are a massive group so I'm never without content to indulge in! I also really like BiSH.

I'd love to go to Japan for a long vacation! I'd like to go to the countryside and visit and onsen,
    visit the Tower Records in Tokyo,
    visit all the anime shops in Akihabara,
    and eat lots of delicious food!
    I get excited when thinking about it.

I usually will watch small chunks of one anime, and then another, and then another... I often watch multiple series at the same time. Sometimes, especially when I have long breaks, I'll watch whole series in one sitting! I haven't been watching much anime at the moment, though. ;-; Mainly just rewatching some old favorites!

Goals for the future... Getting married and having my own house would be nice. Really? I just want to have a stable life.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Noaaaa! hello!

I'll be dropping some questions here for you.

You like cookies?

Which is your favorite time of the day?

You enjoy long trips?

What do you think about your city?

You like sunglasses?

I think that's all I have for now, haha.

I love cookies! My favorite cookies are m&m cookies. I'm really bad at making them myself, though... I also like chocolate chip cookies, and sugar cookies... Yum

My favorite time of day is 10am-12pm, it's always very nice and peaceful, even at work! I also like 5-7am though I'm rarely awake at that time.

Long trips... I don't long road trips or plane rides, they make me feel like I'll lose my mind. Anything longer than two hours and I get really antsy!

My city is really nice, Seattle is a great place. Lots of fun stuff to do and great food, and a pretty good public transportation system! I think everyone should visit.

I actually am pretty neutral about sunglasses, I barely every wear them except when it's really sunny and I'll get a headache if I don't wear them. So... they're okay I guess?! Haha

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Hey everyone!

1) I'm going to mention a couple of anime and other animated series and tell me if some of these ring-a-bel to you, and what is your opinion towards it? (some of these are my personal favorites so we wont share the same opinion with the animes i like, the others are just random things that popped)

Spoiler:

I love Higurashi! It's one of my favorite series of all time. Such a fantastic game and anime. I also think Dokuro-Chan is really funny.

2) If you ever had a Battle Theme, what would it be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTLqnME57vo

2) If you ever lived in a world full of Violence and EDGE, like the world in Old Detroit of Robocop, what would be your weapon of choice against mobsters, gangsters, hoodrats, dirty cops, SWAT teams gone rogue, the Asian Illuminati, the Lemongrab Party, and the Brotherhood of NOD, among many many other hostiles.

It's gotta be a good old fashioned baseball bat full of nails!

4) (As my first serious actual question) => What do you think are some of the best steps in helping people reduce the use of "SWAG" and "YOLO" in our everyday speech?

I think it's silly to get upset over people using those terms. Let them live!

Hey Noa!

Have you seen any precure/pretty cure series?
    Who's your fave Love Live girl?

I watched over half of Futari wa Precure but I didn't find it interesting. :( I heard the other seasons are better, though.
    My favorite Love Live girl is the one and only Toujou Nozomi (I even have a shirt with her on it) but I also love Hanayo and Nico c:

What is your favorite cute anime with cute girls

My favorite cute anime with cute girls has gotta be good old Lucky Star, which has been a consistent favorite of mine since 2009.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • What's your favorite kind of tea? (white? black? oolong?)

Who's your favorite Lucky Star character?

Have you seen/do you like Nichijou? :)

Years
  • Good taste I love Nozomi, though my girl is Maki P:
    I'd recommend Suite Precure and Heartcatch! Both are good and you can just go into them without having seen previous seasons.

Anyway, what got you into ice type pokemon? If you were a gym leader what pokemon would you use.

Reactions: noa
    Back