• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Camp, Curry on Rice, Polteageist and Cramorant!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Article coming soon!

- Clothing/hairstyles shown off
- Camp confirmed - yay Pokemon interactions
- Curry with Rice is not weird, TPC, but I do like curry... and so do Pokemon, apparently
- Two new Pokemon! Palteageist and Cramorant.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Y'all see that Clover Alcremie too??? :O

8zYGGBq.png

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Instant laugh as soon as Cramorant showed up. What's up with its design??? It's so derpy haha xD I do like its ability though, pretty interesting. Also, I loved the new surf animation!!
Polteageist looks so freaking adorable, I LOVE IT! Very creative concept :)

Pokémon Camping sounds so fun. As others said, it's probably Galar Region's Pokémon Amie, but I love it nonetheless ^^ What's up with cooking though? What are its effects?~

Costumization is back and it looks so much better. Looks like we have a variety of options to choose from! We can even wear gloves ^^

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Pretty underwhelming as I was hoping to at least get a look at the starter's second forms. It's nice that there seems (atm anyways) there's more customization options than Sun/Moon.

That bird was also in the leak so it should be able to shoot out pikachu's from it's mouth as well, haha.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i wanna see what other alcremie flavors are going to be available and if they'll have any affect in battle (like oricorio) or if they're more akin to furfrou's different hairstyles. either way, it's a cute idea to have different kinds. i'm always here for variety.

teapot mon is adorable and i'll fight everyone who is mean to him

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
why hasn't anyone come into this thread with this joke yet:

dia_10.jpg

Anyway, Polteageist is my favorite generation VIII mon now

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Love pretty much everything about the trailer. The teapot Pokémon absolutely has to be on my team

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
Very happy for the customization options and Polteageist, less so for the rest. Not that it is bad, but it seems that the accessory things are going to be a lot more polished than the main game, those "high quality animations" that were promised are most likely the Camp ones. Curry and Rice reminds me so much of Pokéblocks and Poffins (which I loved to make in Gen 4) so I at least hope that it serves a similar purpose meaning that Contests (or something similar) will be back.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I don't care much about camps and stuff (still cute, still rather they spend the animation budget on better battles) but shitttt those customizations are the best

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
This was a cute reveal! The customisation also looks great!! I love, love, LOVE Polteageist, and Cramorant's derpiness appeals to me a lot, haha! Is that a new fish Pokémon in its mouth?

Y'all see that Clover Alcremie too??? :O

8zYGGBq.png

Sugoi.gif

Years
Yes, the character customization looks great and I'm really happy with the selections so far! Can't wait to be stuck between what outfits to use ; ;

and yeah the different alcremie variants are super neat! I wonder if they'll all be obtainable in the games, or if some will be rarer or even region exclusive like Vivillon...?

Years
Both new Pokémon looks great. I love Gulp Missile. It would be cool to have Cramorant catch different kind of fish each time it fishes. Alcremie's forms looks tasty. I can't decide which one to use from the already released ones. Clover or Blueberries maybe...

As for the Camp, it looks like nice mash of previous side features like Secret Bases, Amie, Pokéblocks and Poffins making. But if this is what GF was referring with "high quality animations", then I'm disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the animations of Pokémon playing in the camp looks amazing, but if that's the reason why other Pokémon were cut and attack animations looks bad, then I would rather prefer not to have Camp at all.

I'm glad there are more options to customization the player and you can actually see what is happening in the real time. I hated that you have no option to see what you're choosing in SuMo.

Years
I really love the whole Camping option. It really hits you how technology has advanced over the years: I started with Ruby, and now you can actually play fetch with your Pokémon. Pokémon really are adorable super-powered pets, after all.

Regarding the new Pokémon, in retrospect, it was obvious that Pokémon England had to have something like Polteageist. I like it, very imaginative concept and movement. Cramorant is funny. It looks kind of old school to me design-wise, like it would fit in Generation 3 or 4.

According to Serebii on Twitter, there appears to be a ton of Alcremie flavours, certainly more than 16, maybe even much more than that.

Also, even though we knew it all along, Galar is just ridiculously British: they've got football cards, tea Pokémon... It's hilarious to see all that in Pokémon form.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
While the features are sorta cool, they're recycled old concepts and still don't really justify removal of the National Dex.
Overall, the only new thing that excites me is still the Wild Area, but knowing modern GF it'll probably be half-baked and not have much in the way of exploration; instead mostly being just a wide, open empty area with a couple of nooks and crannies if we're lucky.

Back