• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Poltchageist revealed as a murdering matcha ghost

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Poltchaegeist really committed mass murder and flew away, these reveal trailers are so wild

Years
  • I really liked the way they introduced this variant. It was a story the drew me in from beginning to end. I will use poltchageist, am curious to know about what new moves or ability it might get.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good to see it's a regional form (oh, sorry, a convergent form, totally different concepts...) and not a Paradox, because that should mean better availability. Ghost and Grass are two of my favorite types.

Years
  • Okay, I didn't read the article here (Sorry), but I saw the reveal trailer and....it scares me.

It killed the kids! IT KILLED THE KIDS! THINK OF THOSE CHILDREN!

Sorry, not buying Scarlet or Violet now. I'm out of the fandom, but i'll still stick around here cause of the great people and the great OLDER Pokemon games.

Also, thanks to this obsessed Pokemon fan that somehow I only see on Wednesday nights, he will hopefully take my mythicals and legendaries and whatever he wants out of my Pokemon Home off my hands. He's too nice a guy in general, so to him they will go...if he actually SHOWS UP TOMORROW! UGH!

Sorry to express this all here, but...this thing...........it KILLED THE CHILDREN! NOT THE CHILDREN! NOOOOOOO!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I'm gonna be honest… I'm not even one bit excited. Even though I knew everone else would be.

It's not that I hate this, it's just so… predictable. I remember hearing leaks about a new matcha convergent form, and was excited about all sorts of weird and cool ideas… but then we ended up taking the 'easy route' and just made a new form for the tea pokemon. I don't know, I just feel they could have gone a better direction here.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I'm quite glad that Poltchageist pushes the envelope for convergent Pokémon: whereas the Wiglett and Toedscool lines had the same morphologies as their Kantonian counterparts but were based on completely different concepts, Poltchageist is similar to Sinistea in almost every way, including inspiration, but is ultimately different in its origin and appearance. Plus, I'm a huge sucker for Japanese tea aesthetics, and the idea of it performing kintsugi with its matcha is inspired, so I'm quite fond of the little guy.

One nitpick I have with it, though, is its name. Poltchageist is a decent name that has a nice ring to it, but it looks so similar to Polteageist that I might end up confusing the two if I read them, lol. It's also funny that Pokémon from just one generation ago continue to get love in the DLC, while there's a bunch of poor chumps from Generation III and IV begging to be revisited in some way.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Okay, I didn't read the article here (Sorry), but I saw the reveal trailer and....it scares me.

It killed the kids! IT KILLED THE KIDS! THINK OF THOSE CHILDREN!

Sorry, not buying Scarlet or Violet now. I'm out of the fandom, but i'll still stick around here cause of the great people and the great OLDER Pokemon games.

Also, thanks to this obsessed Pokemon fan that somehow I only see on Wednesday nights, he will hopefully take my mythicals and legendaries and whatever he wants out of my Pokemon Home off my hands. He's too nice a guy in general, so to him they will go...if he actually SHOWS UP TOMORROW! UGH!

Sorry to express this all here, but...this thing...........it KILLED THE CHILDREN! NOT THE CHILDREN! NOOOOOOO!

Drifloon has been making kids disappear since 2006.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I am extremely disappointed about this. You can tell this is another example of Game Freak running out of ideas. The worst part is that they actually wasted some well-written lore on this thing.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Okay now the entire line is out. And honestly I do really like the whole line's designs! And moreso than the original tea mons… but I still think they could have done something more interesting then just getting the only tea mon we had.

I mean when I heard the leaks, I was kinda excited and thought up all sorts of cool ideas. My favourite idea involved Shellder where it now looks like a cup to hold the green tea and it becomes a spiky bowl when it evolved and it was altogether very similar to what we actually got. And my second favourite idea involved Muk but it was made of tea instead of slime. Yeah in general, I really hoped for something unpredictable.

Back