• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Admit your faults

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Time to face the mirror. What are your biggest faults? More importantly, are you trying to better yourself?

Personally, my biggest fault is that I have trouble considering other people's opinion. I'm very very headstrong, and I am trying to not be like that anymore.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i'm extremely lazy. that's not to say i can't and won't put in effort, but it tends to only happen when i'm truly invested. if i can't get myself interested enough in something, then it's just not happening.

Years
    I tend to procrastinate a lot.

That was a pretty big issue last school year. I had to finish a lot of assignments and projects just as they were about to be due. I'm going to try to fix that this fall by focusing more on my work over little distractions.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    arrogant, impulsive and condescending are the first three traits that come to mind

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    Putting aside the flaws that come with having anxiety and depression- I get fired up too easily and say things I regret, and I can be overbearing.

pkmin3033

I'm a pessimist, a cynic, and a fatalist. I don't think I've ever had a single positive thought in my life. Maybe I carry it a little too far sometimes. Maybe.

I'm also not very good at talking to people. I don't have any friends. Not sure if that counts as a fault or not. It's my fault, but whether or not it's *a* fault depends, I guess...

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    I'm often too hard on myself and settle for way less than I deserve. I'm also very loud when I'm comfortable with someone and horribly insecure. I still find myself tempted to overdrink and/or eat, and if I don't like someone I have difficulty being civil to them, instead being curt and overly honest. I'm sure if I kept digging I'd find more flaws inside me, but its too early in the day for this.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Anxiety stuff aside, I can be super aggressive and vicious when I feel justified.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I'm basically just an angry time bomb waiting to explode at any moment

Years
    I have a tendency to say stuff a lot without thinking about what I just said. Sometimes it's good, but it can really hurt when it's bad.

Years
    I go too hard by my own rules, thinking they're the only way to live my life, even if they prove me wrong sometimes. I'm also very lazy, I hold grudges for long and I'm very bitter and hard to make friends with. I also have trust issues, major. My sense of self-worth is very low, but I don't think that completely goes as a fault, since it provides me some advantages.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm very very very bad at letting bad past experiences go. It could take quite a long time for me to feel better about something in the past, and I'd say it usually takes me years to completely forget about a super embarrassing or other sort of very negative experience. My mind drives me crazy because of it sometimes, but thankfully I'm still a pretty happy person overall. :)

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    i tend to have a hard time forgetting the past. i still find myself dwelling on things that happened in middle school sadly.

i'm trying to forget that though. i also tend to hold grudges for very long times. i'm trying to fix that as well though. it's proving difficult though.

string555

Banned
    Years
    My main problem is opening up and being myself offline. It's easy online, but I'm not sure what to do offline besides drinking some beer. :/

Also, I'mma play therapist. :3

Personally, my biggest fault is that I have trouble considering other people's opinion. I'm very very headstrong, and I am trying to not be like that anymore.

Try thinking of times where people didn't bother considering your opinion and think about how that made you feel. How could they have treated you better? If you have the answer to that, can you do the same?

i'm extremely lazy. that's not to say i can't and won't put in effort, but it tends to only happen when i'm truly invested. if i can't get myself interested enough in something, then it's just not happening.

Maybe you need to consider the long term goals, and how those small goals can lead to them, that way you can create interest in them?

I tend to procrastinate a lot.

That was a pretty big issue last school year. I had to finish a lot of assignments and projects just as they were about to be due. I'm going to try to fix that this fall by focusing more on my work over little distractions.

As long as they get done on time, is that really a problem? :P

But I guess it can lead to other issues where it has a worse effect. Maybe try to reward yourself when you work on something early, a little positive reinforcement goes a long way. :D

arrogant, impulsive and condescending are the first three traits that come to mind

Maybe try humbling yourself, you're only one person out of billions. The impulsive part is difficult, but maybe try rewarding yourself whenever you resist an impulse. After rewarding yourself enough times, it becomes easier to resist the impulsion. How does it make you feel when someone is condescending to you? Do you really want to make other people feel the same way?

Putting aside the flaws that come with having anxiety and depression- I get fired up too easily and say things I regret, and I can be overbearing.

Depression stems from anxiety. Have you figured out where your anxiety stems from? If it comes from something you can avoid, then the obvious solution is to avoid that something. Of course, it's rarely that simple. I'm not sure I can help if I don't know your sources of anxiety. :(

I'm a pessimist, a cynic, and a fatalist. I don't think I've ever had a single positive thought in my life. Maybe I carry it a little too far sometimes. Maybe.

I'm also not very good at talking to people. I don't have any friends. Not sure if that counts as a fault or not. It's my fault, but whether or not it's *a* fault depends, I guess...

I've seen you have a sense of humor, making others laugh is positive. :D

You're here talking to people. I don't care what people say, friends are friends, regardless of circumstances, including online friends. The world can look really dark sometimes, but it's not all like that. It all depends on what you focus on. If you had a good dinner, that was good, yes? So there is good. Of course you could just focus on part of it and pick out the bad parts of it. But why not just consider that the glass is both half empty and half full at the same time? It's not all positive, but it's not all negative either, it's both. :D

I'm often too hard on myself and settle for way less than I deserve. I'm also very loud when I'm comfortable with someone and horribly insecure. I still find myself tempted to overdrink and/or eat, and if I don't like someone I have difficulty being civil to them, instead being curt and overly honest. I'm sure if I kept digging I'd find more flaws inside me, but its too early in the day for this.

Sound like you need to pump yourself up more. Maybe try a little ritual every morning, think about what you accomplished the day before, or maybe the previous days. When you need to pump yourself up before doing something big, think about the major accomplishments you've had in life. Try it. Do it. :D

My faults are everything
    I lie a lot, I'm super paranoid, I make terrible decisions, I'm antisocial, I'm often a "keyboard warrior", and I'm super lazy

Lying to people only creates a fake you. People might grow to like the fake you, but it's not the real you. It might be good to come clean to those you lied about to clear your conscience, especially if it's something major. I doubt you have any real reason to be paranoid, but maybe it stems from the lies? Maybe? Well, you know you've made terrible decisions, and so you must know where those decisions led, right? What could you have done differently back then, so you can make the right choice in the future?

Getting out of that antisocial bubble is a matter of forcing yourself into social situations. Talking to cashiers at stores, asking store employees where to find something is a start. Then you can bring yourself into other situations involving your interests, so you can find people that share those interests. The keyboard warrior thing isn't so bad. Iron sharpens iron, right? :P

Breaking out of laziness involves setting and accomplishing small goals, then moving up to bigger ones. As I've said to others, positive reinforcement for accomplishing those goals goes a long way.

I'm way too cocky, stubborn, over-confident, and hot-headed

Sounds like you need to humble yourself. Try picturing yourself as one grain of sand on a large beach. Don't laugh, I use this one myself sometimes. I have Manic-Depressive Bi-Polar, so I have to humble myself when I'm in a more manic state. There's lots of other similar visualizations, use your imagination.

Often get dubbed irl as the fun police, so I guess I'm seen as too serious. I can pick that out in myself often tbh. Also I tend to lack a filter, I can say the wrong thing at the wrong time a lot.

There's nothing wrong with being the serious type. I take it you're more analytical-minded? You'll have a good career like that. Maybe practice holding back what you want to say? Try making up a conversation in your head. When you instantly want to say something wrong, hold back and think of something else to say. Then when you are in a real situation like that, it will be easier. :D

I'm too nice. On the flip side I hold grudges.

Nice is good, but it's never good to let people treat you like a doormat. I guess it just takes recognizing when someone is clearly trying to take advantage of you. Do you act on these grudges in any way? I believe in forgiveness, but I also never forget what someone did. As long as you don't try to strike them back, I don't see any problem with holding a grudge.

I'm stubborn, I tend to automatically assume I'm right and I've got something of a temper. For starters :')

Maybe you should try getting into debating? Serious. As for the temper, try meditative style breathing.

Anxiety stuff aside, I can be super aggressive and vicious when I feel justified.

Are you always justified? Is anyone always justified? No. It seems better to relax and think through before being aggressive.

I'm basically just an angry time bomb waiting to explode at any moment

Try meditation, especially the breathing part. When you get good enough with it, you'll find yourself doing that style of breathing all the time. It helps, I speak from experience. :D

I have a tendency to say stuff a lot without thinking about what I just said. Sometimes it's good, but it can really hurt when it's bad.

Have you considered planning your conversations as much as you can ahead of time? Might sound kind of crazy, but I do it frequently. If you know the person well enough, it's easy to predict what they would say in response to your response, and so on. Try it. :D

Just a bit too cynical at times, for one.

It's not all bad, it's not all good, but it's not ALL bad either. :P

I go too hard by my own rules, thinking they're the only way to live my life, even if they prove me wrong sometimes. I'm also very lazy, I hold grudges for long and I'm very bitter and hard to make friends with. I also have trust issues, major. My sense of self-worth is very low, but I don't think that completely goes as a fault, since it provides me some advantages.

Sounds like a lot stems from the trust issues, probably stems from past bad experiences. That's a real tough one, because trust is not something you just give away, it's something earned. Maybe you can come up with ways to test people, so you can have an easier and more lax time decide to trust them? Again, it would seem that a lot of those issues stem from that central issue.

I'm very very very bad at letting bad past experiences go. It could take quite a long time for me to feel better about something in the past, and I'd say it usually takes me years to completely forget about a super embarrassing or other sort of very negative experience. My mind drives me crazy because of it sometimes, but thankfully I'm still a pretty happy person overall. :)

That doesn't seem so bad, do you generally remember many past thing in detail? If so, that seems more like a gift than a fault. :D

OMG, that was the last one. If I find that someone snuck a post in while I was writing this, I'm finding the nearest bridge... (>_<)

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    Depression stems from anxiety. Have you figured out where your anxiety stems from? If it comes from something you can avoid, then the obvious solution is to avoid that something. Of course, it's rarely that simple. I'm not sure I can help if I don't know your sources of anxiety. :(

It stems from me being clinically diagnosed with it when I was 10 lol

Back