• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree (2.0)

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I haven't seen any movie made by alien, I think it's cool that us, earthlings, get to see movies made by aliens! We lack translators though.
    Agree, there is no surprise in the story in general.

You shouldn't care about politics as you don't have any influence on it.

Years
    I think focusing on what you can control, instead of stressing out about something you can't is a healthy attitude to have in life general. However, I'm going to disagree that you shouldn't care about politics, because you don't have any influence. At least on a local level a voter could have some say on the politics- say there was a referendum or whether or not a new library should be built in your community. Things happening in your city or province also can impact you more directly than national or global events.

I'm not saying that it's a bad subject, don't get me wrong. Personally, I don't like it, but I know lots of people have interest in it, such as you. I honestly just think that it should not be incorporated into art classes and it would be much better if it was either incorporated into actual history class or a subject on its own. I don't really think it fits into a subject which is supposed to be about expressing yourself, being creative and learning ways of how to represent that creativity. That's why I love art classes, because it feels like an escape from all of the exact and objective subjects like maths, geography and history. Not that these subjects are bad, but they can, more often than not, overwhelm some folks.

No, you're cool, even though I like art history lot, I can totally understand others not enjoying it. It can be dense, and if it's not taught well, it will be boring. Even with good teachers who bring art history to life, actually creating art will always be more exciting than hearing someone talk about it. Still though, I think it is relevant to studio art, and would have to disagree shouldn't be taught in a studio art class. By learning about different artists, art styles and techniques someone can learn more about what kind of art they would like to create or not create. Someone can be a great artist without knowing the history of art, but it could provide a helpful context for too.

The Fantastic Beast should not have tried to stretch itself into a long series like Harry Potter- never had enough content for that.

Years
    The only one I've seen is 'The Crimes of Grindelwald'. Didn't even realize it was part of a series rofl.
    I don't know how much content whatever it's based on has though, so I kinda have to pick disagree.

Any franchise that does well will be milked to death.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I disagree. They try to put more effort into the Pokemon designs. But the humans usually feel very flat.

People always prefer the first Pokemon version over the other (Red over Blue, Gold over Silver, Ruby over Sapphire, etc.).

Years
    Agree. I think it depends from person to person and to whom you ask. I think there are now people who haven't even played the first games. Younger people might prefer newer games.

Pokémon contests were pretty fun

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    I wasn't there for the original Pokémon contests, but I've tried them in BD and they're not bad!

Making people suffer will not always make them harder and tougher.

Years
    Life is naught but persevering through all the suffering in the first place.
    It teaches you to endure/persevere. But that's about it imo. I'd say it more often than not doesn't make you stronger/tougher. Agreed.

... or are we talking about changing their attitude towards life and others? Because, that quite often is the case. The rougher their life the more likely someone will consider it normal and tell others going through something 'to suck it up' or something similar. I doubt it's always the case though so it's still an agree lol

There is little point in worrying over that which is beyond your control.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    That may depend. In the past it always seemed to work. I haven't had one for a long time, though. Disagree.

Purple is a nice color.

Years
    That's too vague for me to agree with it so I'll disagree.

Money buys you comfort, not happiness.

also... 'Pokecommunity Default' user reporting in :coolcat:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Agree. They are basically a scam.
    I remember a Spanish Youtuber who called them "macro-transactions". Because 10€, 15€, 20€, up to 50€, are not "micro"-transactions.
    Spoiler:

Open world games have become boring.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Agree, but they have been for quite some time. It's sad because there is most likely still some potential for better open world games.

Some good games from the past should not get a remake.

Back