• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen today
    Agree. I actually consider it a fallacy to consider another infallible.

Condiments generally make foods taste better.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Somewhat disagree. This is only true for certain foods. Hot sauce and ketchup tend to make fried foods better, and certain condiments make sandwiches have more flavor, but a lot of foods that exist don't need condiments at all.

If you're not smoking outside, you should only smoke in designated smoking areas.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Imo, you shouldn't smoke at all. I really hate the smell of cigarette smoke. <_<
    Well, I guess I agree. Can't expect people to stop smoking, after all. As they say: "The tobaco industry won"

Some old tech should have not been replaced.

Years
    Scrolled through a list to make up my mind on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_obsolete_technology
    I think I'll Disagree as the only thing on there I'd agree with is me being an old person and preferring the physical keyboards over the touchscreen keyboards phones have nowadays... and even then I've pretty much just gotten used to it. Though there might be stuff not on there that would make me agree though.... 🤔

Finding good birthday presents for someone becomes harder and harder over time.

Years
    • Seen today
    Disagree. I don't like cornbread. It's my least favorite.

3 hours is too long for most movies.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Agree. I already find it hard to watch a movie for 2 hours. I want to do something. That's why I prefer videogames.

Work from home killed the social aspect of work.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Disagree because many jobs still exists that allow you to socialize. Still, work is about getting paid first, not making friends.

Bottled water is better than tap water.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I disagree. Our tap water is actually pretty good. And it's a lot cheaper than bottled water and doesn't produce more plastic that just ends up in the ocean! :P

History just repeats itself.

Years
    Although it's highly likely it will keep doing that due to how humans are, the future isn't exactly set in stone so there's absolutely no guarantee it will.
    Which I guess is a Disagree.

It's easy to lose track of time while playing a game you like.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    (Time to bring this thread back from its vacation lol)

As someone who's lost whole days to getting really into videogames, I agree.

Humans should be able to have fluffy tails!
    I just got to Priscilla in my NG+ run of Dark Souls lol.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I'm not going to argue if people who feel like they need one should not be allowed to have one. As long as it's up to the individual I'll agree.

There should not be discussions whether people of minority groups are valid or not; especially when those people aren't even involved in those discussion.

Years
    Agree, it should be universally recognized that minorities are valid. On the other hand, I disagree on the fact that they shouldn't discuss about it if those people aren't involved. I think that everyone can have an opinion and enough empathy to talk about them, however what changes is that to discuss those things properly you MUST be informed. So, if they are informed and sensible to the topic, I see nothing wrong with that, otherwise it's just a waste of time and it's pretty useless because you're discussing about something that doesn't represent reality.

Sometimes studying is more stressful than working

Years
    Depends on what job you do I guess =P
    But it can be, so I suppose that's an Agree since it says sometimes.

Pokemon as a franchise has only been getting better.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I want to agree but at the same time I'm aware that the world is a little bit more complicated than that. There can also be kindness in intelligence when it's used for the greater good. So, I guess it's agree?

Waffles are better than pancakes.

Years
    Spoiler:

Why would anyone want to eat those? 🤔

I haven't eaten a pancake in like a decade at the very least.
    Waffles I eat occasionally, but not often.
    Agreed, I guess.

It's useful to know more than 1 language.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Somewhat disagree.
    Basically if you speak English you can (more or less) communicate with everyone. So you basically need nothing more than English. And Some time ago I realised that most people don't need more than their mother tongue to live their whole life (not counting the few times they go abroad).
    However, if you speak more languages then you can communicate properly with more people. But you have to maintain those languages, otherwise you forget them!

Western countries look alike.

Years
    Disagree. They are pretty different imo, especially if you compare one of the European Countries to any in America.

Globalization may have a huge impact on culture

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back