• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Agree. Though the term culture is kinda stretchable. Cultures themselves can spread throughout the world. But also the consequences of globalization (exploitation through capitalism) has an impact on the local culture, especially in poorer countries.

Electric cars aren't the future.

Years
    They are heavily promoted around here. Most of them are currently not in a position to compete with normal cars, often having very limited driving range before the battery is out. Charging points have been become a lot more widespread, though charging is often portrayed as taking very long.
    I don't even have a car myself, so idk. They're supposedly cleaner, so they might be beneficial on the short term.

Bikes are even cleaner though so agreed, because Bikes are Sekai Ichi :coolcat:
    Spoiler:

I feel like a better alternative will come along sooner or later, so Agreed.

Dictatorships will always be around.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ah, you want to talk about politics...
    Well, in my country, you elect a president for five years, and during those five years, he can do whatever he wants. So we're basically in a five-year dictatorship?
    I'll say agree then.

ChatGPT is pretty disappointing.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    For what? Saving the climate? Fighting for equality? Solving hunger in the world? I could go on a lot longer! :3
    I'll disagree simply for the huge amount of interpretations that can be applied to this statement.

You should only ask people for advice who know about those things.

Years
    Kinda agree but it depends on what your asking for advice on imo. There are things you can logically deduce an advice on even if you know little about it.
    For important stuff you'd ideally consult an expert on the matter though.

All non-food related physical stores will eventually disappear/close.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have never heard about this, and Google (well, DuckDuckGo) doesn't say much about this, so I'll just disagree.

Strawberries are overrated.

All non-food related physical stores will eventually disappear/close.
    I think Ikea and car stores will never close, people want to see furniture/try their cars before buying them.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't know? To be fair, I've heart the opposite is true. So, I'll disagree for simply not knowing.

If you think about it: Pokemon is very much a postapocalyptic dystopia.

Years
    Agreed, it was such a Utopia in the Pokemon world before humans came along and started waging wars and the like D=

Idk, were there any apocalyptic scale events in Pokemon? Like are the events you stop in Pokemon games even on an apocalyptic level, given how may legendary Pokemon there are that could potentially do something against it? Plus all of them get stopped by the player anyway, so they don't actually bring about an apocalypse.
    I'll just disagree as idk.

You don't need to see eye to eye with someone to get along with them.

Years
    Agree, but don't be deceived. Not talking to someone in person has pros and cons. On the one hand it can be easier to communicate and stuff, but, on the other hand, once you get in person you can kinda have other sensations towards that person.

TV series are better than movies

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I agree, TV series are longer, you have more characters, the stories are intricate (which I find very satisfying).
    I haven't watched a TV series entirely since I finished Sons of Anarchy and I haven't watched a series at all since Season 4 of Game of Thrones lol...

A joke you have to explain is not funny.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I kinda agree, partially. Though I also think that sometimes a joke doesn't land simply because of the other person lacking context. In that sense a joke can be really good when told to someone who gets it. But it becomes absolutely unfunny when the person doesn't know the context.

Creating a game is hard.
    Idk, were there any apocalyptic scale events in Pokemon? Like are the events you stop in Pokemon games even on an apocalyptic level, given how may legendary Pokemon there are that could potentially do something against it? Plus all of them get stopped by the player anyway, so they don't actually bring about an apocalypse.
    I'll just disagree as idk.
    It's just a thought I had when I saw the NPCs in SV. They all seemed so lifeless. As if they had absolutely no purpose in life; maybe they are just awaiting the end of the world?
    I know the irl reason. So no need to tell me.

Years
    Agree. Well, creating something new is kinda always hard, I guess.

Sometimes collecting cards is funnier than actually playing the card game itself.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    Agreed, sometimes the cards you like art-wise just dont mesh well ingame so it becomes frustrating. Also the thrill of collecting is always something I rate highly, aside from playing what I love to play (god bless mathmechs)

Valentines day is overrated

Years
    I got no real life experience with it whatsoever. xD
    As for the version on here, I still need to get used to the more supportive/non-romantic version of valentines day, though I did send out a Luvdisc message for the first time just the other day simply to try and show some support to someone =3

On a different note, I feel like a day to show the person you love extra affection shouldn't even be necessary. Birthdays are a thing 😜
    I mean; if you need a holiday for your brain to come up with the thought of 'oh, I should do something nice for the person I love', I pity your poor partner.
    I'll Agree simply because I feel like you should want to do things for your loved ones of your own accord, rather than having to do it just because it's Valentines.

Humanity will one day have giant space stations that function as self-sufficient cities.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think not, because humanity doesn't need to go to space. Think about it: the only moment there was a big enthusiasm for space, was during the Cold War.
    So unless there is a new Cold War, there will be no incentive to go to space again, let alone have giant space stations.

Choices spoil videogames.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Do you mean "spoil" in the sense of "go bad"? Because in that regard I'll just say "meaningless choices spoil videogames". Choices in a game should matter and give the player something they can engage with. Maybe it can even incentivice people to replay the game later to see the other outcome.
    A lot of games irk me for presenting me either fake choices where they expect you to pick a certain answer and just repeat the same line until you pick it. Or all answers lead to the same outcome in which case I really have to wonder what the point of that choice even was.
    Not a fan of either, but for some odd reason they still keep putting them in. Like, are they testing if I'm paying attention? Because if they do then it's a really bad way to do so...

Still, I can't fully agree because meaningful choices actually make the game a lot better.

We need more games that don't use the concept of the player avatar; just give us a well written protagonist, instead.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I disagree. Video games that allow you to create your own character and/or represent you in some form or fashion is great for the gaming industry because it places "you" in the story. This could motivate more people that want this experience to buy certain games. The possibility also exists that the player avatar could also be a well-written character centered around a well-written story, or the game might not have a storyline, similar to Animal Crossing, The Sims, or sports related games.

Work smart, not hard

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back