• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Depending on what you want to hack, the table looks different..
There is no main style how table are built.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
I have made a town and I also made a route that exits the town. I'm in that route, and I battle a trainer. I lose. Then, my question is, how do I change where you go after you panic (In this case, back to my own house to where the mom heals your Pokemon for you) Since I have not made it to a Pokemon center yet. Is this all in script? If so, I need help.. Thanks!

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
This question might have been answered, but I never found it. Can the cry table be extended so that, in Ruby, the Pokémon between Celebi and Treecko have their own distinct cries instead of the Unown's cry? I've been wanting to know if anyone can help me with this, because for months I've been trying to figure it out, and I know that it is possible.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
I have made a town and I also made a route that exits the town. I'm in that route, and I battle a trainer. I lose. Then, my question is, how do I change where you go after you panic (In this case, back to my own house to where the mom heals your Pokemon for you) Since I have not made it to a Pokemon center yet. Is this all in script? If so, I need help.. Thanks!

No matter what, you always end up in the last place your pokemon were healed, besides if a trainer healed them. So only at your house or a pkmn center. For example, say you were in pewter city and you healed there, then you made it to cerulean city. When you got there you didnt heal and you lost a battle. You would end up in the pewter city center. However, if you healed in cerulean before you lost that battle, you would end up in the cerulean center instead since it was the last place you healed. Correct me if this isnt what your asking.

Btw, can anyone help me on my map question earlier???

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
Is there an XSE command that lets you change what the PC OW looks like (Say you joined team rocket and you got the uniform, you turn from the default PC OW to Male/female grunt OW)
Apparently JPANs hacked engine can do that, but i don't really understand all that stuff

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Is there an XSE command that lets you change what the PC OW looks like (Say you joined team rocket and you got the uniform, you turn from the default PC OW to Male/female grunt OW)
Apparently JPANs hacked engine can do that, but i don't really understand all that stuff

Nope, no command. Just practice and eventually you will understand. Trust me. It took a few read throughs, but after a while, you will get it.

No matter what, you always end up in the last place your pokemon were healed, besides if a trainer healed them. So only at your house or a pkmn center. For example, say you were in pewter city and you healed there, then you made it to cerulean city. When you got there you didnt heal and you lost a battle. You would end up in the pewter city center. However, if you healed in cerulean before you lost that battle, you would end up in the cerulean center instead since it was the last place you healed. Correct me if this isnt what your asking.

Btw, can anyone help me on my map question earlier???

For both of you: sethealingplace command. Hit F1 in XSE and look for it.

This question might have been answered, but I never found it. Can the cry table be extended so that, in Ruby, the Pokémon between Celebi and Treecko have their own distinct cries instead of the Unown's cry? I've been wanting to know if anyone can help me with this, because for months I've been trying to figure it out, and I know that it is possible.

First, you answered your own question:

Can the cry table be extended...?//I know that it is possible.

Second, this is one of those hacker specific things that makes hacking fun: research.

1) Find the table.
2) Understand the table.
3) Try to expand it.
3.5) Deal with limiters (if present).
4) Deal with any bugs you make.

This is how 90% of research goes in hacking. It becomes easier once you learn ASM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
So I just finished inserting a new path tile, but after testing it out I've found a weird bug with it. I think I know what's caused it but I can't really change the palette now. Here's a screenshot of before the bug:
tUvaYJY.png

Looks normal, but this is what happens once I enter the house:
dp5n32u.png

Most of the path tiles turn into parts of the door animation. I'm thinking it's because they're sharing the palette of the door (or I overwrote some important tiles).
nDvNPS3.png

When I leave the house again, it's still there. It won't disappear until I exit the map. Is there any way I can fix this without changing to a different palette or tileset?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
^ check his post above mine~

move your path tiles elsewhere in your tileset.
you probably have placed your path tiles on the part of the tileset where the ROM uses those blank space for the animation thingy...

that happened to me before. not sure if the same applies to FireRed ROMs...

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Is there a way to force evolution in Pokémon FireRed? Like a cheat or a small edit of some ram bytes? I need this for debugging purposes.

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Is there a way to force evolution in Pokémon FireRed? Like a cheat or a small edit of some ram bytes? I need this for debugging purposes.

Rare candies my friend. Just make a quick script that gives you unlimited of them. Delete the script later.

So I just finished inserting a new path tile, but after testing it out I've found a weird bug with it. I think I know what's caused it but I can't really change the palette now. Here's a screenshot of before the bug:
Spoiler:

Looks normal, but this is what happens once I enter the house:
Spoiler:

Most of the path tiles turn into parts of the door animation. I'm thinking it's because they're sharing the palette of the door (or I overwrote some important tiles).
Spoiler:

When I leave the house again, it's still there. It won't disappear until I exit the map. Is there any way I can fix this without changing to a different palette or tileset?

move your path tiles elsewhere in your tileset.
you probably have placed your path tiles on the part of the tileset where the ROM uses those blank space for the animation thingy...

that happened to me before. not sure if the same applies to FireRed ROMs...

Yes, this has happened to most of us on all games. There are certain tiles in every tileset used to temporarily store that door animation. So, move your path somewhere else.

Last edited:
Years
Does anyone know of some good cheating tool that generates Pokémon with specific IVs, nature, EVs, moves, ... for FireRed?? (like PokeGen for DPP, HGSS, BW, BW2)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Is it possible to actually ADD new sprites to the game? There is a bunch of R/S/E trainer sprites (those used when you battle them) that arent used elsewhere, but Im very short on those small, walking-around sprites outside of battles. Every tutorial I have seen are just how to 'replace'.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
You can for sure expand the sprite table.
Just take the offset of the first sprite, make a pointer of it, search this
string in the hex editor and repoint the table.
Only hard thing would be setting up the new table..
Thats what I guess, but im not sure.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
For some reason, I get the feeling that this will be extremely messy when I try to open it with XSE.. Cause there are no programs to do this, or tutorials?

As a backup plan, do you know if those dolls in the far end are used in the game somewhere?

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Ah sorry you meant Overworlds..
Well that requires an engine-hack, such as JPANS engine..

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
Hi everyone I found this 3DS emulator and it seems VERY legitimate, can someone download it and tell me whether it's just another scam or whatnot...
Link:here
(and if it is legitimate, can someone upload it to MediaFire or RapidShare so that anyone could download it without going through the mess of unlocking a survey...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back