• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you a good cook

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I really enjoy cooking. It all started with whipping up various sauces for plain pasta for dinner.
    Outside of lock down, when I live with my brothers, I cook almost every day, but these are mostly simpler meals with occasional more complex ones like chicken mesala. Back home, where I have more utensils, appliances and ingredients, I tend to try out new recipes often. My grandmother thought me how to cook a lot of "regular stuff" I grew up on. I tried several recipes from the World of Warcraft cook book, but the Ogri'la chicken fingers are my family's favorite, so I make it more often than most other recipes I've tried. I like asian cuisine, but the ingredients are a pain to get for most recipes. My latest endeavor was the Korean fried chicken which I hope to make again soon because it was really nice!

Years
    • Seen today
    I usually use an oven, but I'm not a talented cook and I can only make basic things.

Years
    I'm a good cook but I don't get to do it often cause of health issues frequently leaving me bedridden. When I'm doing well though, I often go on cooking binges. I make a lot of savoury pies/tarts/quiches and cheesecakes but can do plenty of other things.

Years
    I'm a decent cook if I follow a good recipe. Don't ask me to improvise though because I don't have those skills.

When I'm working, typically I do frozen oven food or pre-made stuff during the weekdays and save proper cooking for the weekends. It's hard to do anything that requires real work when I've just come home from an 8 hour shift. These days... okay I still do a lot of lazy cooking, but I'll gladly make something nice.

Years
    I don't think I am that talented, but there is nobody else to cook for me but me, so it's just a part of my life. I have learned over the years a handful of dishes that are fun and pretty easy to make, and people seem to like. I have prepared these basics so many times that I know how to always make it in a solid way with where it's cooked just right and well-favored.

pkmin3033

I can follow instructions. Whether that means I can cook or not depends on your standards I guess. I won't be winning any awards, but I don't think I'll be killing anyone...at least, not accidentally.

But I have a tendency to overcook things because I am ridiculously scared of getting food poisoning, and I figure it's better to overcook something and have it taste a little worse than it otherwise might than to undercook it and spend the next several hours/days wishing my existence would just come to an end...and really, instructions often don't recommend anywhere near enough time for something to be properly cooked. I want it cooked, not mildly heated up, thanks. Because of this usually cooking just means taking something out the freezer and sticking it in the oven for 45 minutes when the packet says 30 minutes. I don't really like eating so I don't put a whole lot of effort into it. But I've made things for people before and they're still breathing, so I'd say I can cook.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I can cook if given a recipe! But I don't do it often enough. I cook a lot more Asian as opposed to Western dishes as I started out with learning the meals my family makes for say, lunch or dinner. So making a lot of Chinese food (Cantonese tomato and eggs, chinese-style meat dishes, tofu dishes, fried rice etc.) and also other Asian foods like soba noodles or Japanese curry. I can prepare standard western dishes like pasta too but haven't delved into it too much. Am not the best cook but its fun. :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i enjoy cooking and i'm fine at it, but i don't make everything from scratch. we make a lot of stuff in the instant pot too and like. there's a lot of good recipes and all, but i don't particularly like to use it bc i don't get to like. do much. lol

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    I'm okay? I have to have directions usually written down for me or told to me step by step.

I usually don't cook though since I lack the energy to most of the time.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've just recently learnt that there is a better way to cook rice. I'm also good at throwing everything together and making sure it doesn't burn to a crisp.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm okay at cooking. Sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I don't. It depends on my mood. I do need to plan out my meals when I'm the one cooking, though, because I really hate having to decide what to eat on a whim.

When left to my own devices, I tend to make big meals a few times a week and just eat leftovers for the days in between with simple or instant meals to fill in any gaps. I'm perfectly happy eating the same comfort foods over and over again and I've gotten really good at making my faves, but it's a bit exhausting trying new things when I don't know how they'll turn out and have to follow a recipe super carefully.

My faves lately are oyakodon and Japanese curry. :D

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    I'm terrible at cooking
    i'm good only at cooking
    =
    Hotdogs
    Rice
    Egg
    Instant noodles(were you just add water)
    and can foods(mostly sphaggetios)

Back