• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you attached to any of your SV Pokémon?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • I have all my shinies sorted in catch order. I keep meaning to write down how/when I encountered them for posterity's sake. My favorites are the shinies I caught with intent, so shiny Bellibolt since I kept not getting the outbreaks to work I buckled down and finally succeeded. Then there was a Bronzong I caught while in a Frosmoth outbreak, and ended up using Frosmoth for Inteleon raid as well. I think my favorite out of all the shinies would have to be the shiny Eevee that I hatched on Christmas with Jolly nature in a Friend Ball named Tinsel.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I would say there are many from these games that I'm attached to, but to save having to list them all and why, I'll just go for some of the most memorable. (in no particular order)

Petals my Meowscarada for accidentally one-shoting the Champ's final Pokemon. (that got a huge laugh out of me lol)
    Yukikyu my Mimikyu who hard-carried my late game in Scarlet, who I then traded BACK to Scarlet (on a new run) to hard-carry that run's late game lol.
    Dirk my Ceruledge who's honestly just stupid OP. No other reason.
    Saltlem my Garganacl who proved to me that single Type Pokemon don't all suck in battle. 😏
    Oh! And that shiny (now a) Vivillon that I found super early in my second run of Scarlet! It gave me the chance to play through a Pokemon game from almost the beginning to the end with a shiny team member!

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • Of course!

Lucas the shiny spidops
    Marshmallow the shiny hattrem
    Bella the shiny dachsbun
    Lavender the shiny vaporeon
    Pyra the shiny lilligant
    Tango the meowscarada

Yes, I played through the whole game with a pretty much all shiny team. what can I say, i'm a shiny hunter.

Last edited:
    Years
  • All the members of my teams on both games I have done 4 playthroughs of both Scarlet & Violet but the very first team I used I have the biggest attachment to

Scarlet

Quaquaval
    Kilowattrel
    Pawmot
    Scovillain
    Farigiraf
    Baxcalibur

Violet

Skeledirge
    Kilowattrel
    Palafin
    Espathra
    Cetitan
    Daschbun

I like all the new Pokemon think they are all amazing I did caught 60 Flutter Mane & 60 Toesdcruel on Scarlet soon put them in Home and traded them on the GTS though kept 2 of the Flutter Mane 1 being a Shiny and the other being a regular one.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • I would say the only ones I'm attached to are the shinies. As much as I wouldn't like to deal with it, all the others could be obtained again and re-built to be exactly the same as they are now. With the shiny ones, there was a lot more effort put into getting them, and so I really wouldn't want to lose them.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Honestly, no. I find it harder to get attached to individual Pokémon in the recent games as an unfortunate side-effect of how fast you level everything up, and sometimes some Pokémon are gaining entire levels without even participating in battles.

I end up using more than six Pokémon (usually 10-12) and swapping them in and out to keep levels under control. The older games were more grindy, which isn't something I'd call good, but the good side was that you spent more time battling with your Pokémon and individually raising them so at the end it was easier to get attached. And of course playing with a fixed team could also contribute to this.

Angel-of-Light-Kelly

Longtime fan
    Years
  • I actually started with all 3 starters, as a friend gave me an egg for the other 2, so I grew to really enjoy the trio together. Good old Sora, Donald and Goofy. I basically kept a team of 7, as I would swap in my Daschbun whenever I needed a fairy type, as I just find the design so cute. I of course used a Clodsire, he was a good tanky Pokemon that got me through some rough battles. My Baxcalibur, I had him out against the Dragon type elite four's Baxcalibur, and I won because my Baxcalibur's tera-type was ice, compared to his being dragon. That was fun. Kilowattrel, I love the design (Such a bird fan), and she's always the one I usually use the Let's Go function with, so usually it feels like I'm travelling around with her.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Only a little. Cared about Meowscarada and Garganacl during the playthrough. Barely used them since beating the game. Turns to other Pokemon for Tera Raids. (Beat Surfing Pikachu with Meowscarada. May not have even leveled Garganacl to 100.) Amounts to a lot of hours without even looking at them.

Started growing a little more attached to Chien-Pao. Handles all the land-based autobattling (for things like Outbreaks).

Years
  • Now that I think about it, no. I can barely remember what Pokémon I've used. Haven't played the game since November, so there wasn't much time to get attached to any SV Pokémon.

Back