• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arm or a Leg?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Say you actually had to give up am arm or a leg. ...Which would you give up? Not like it'll ever happen to any of you, I hope...yes, you'd get a cool robot arm/leg in return, if you wanted it.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I would loose a leg. i need my hands for typing, and since you didn't specify which arm or leg, going without my right hand would be miserable.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I... think I'd rather lose a leg. I could live without running, and get a prostethic leg of some sort. I quite like my arms and hands and need them for my work.

Coffee

Banned
    Years
  • I'd trade both my legs in for robot legs. They are just messed up right now :P
    If i had to trade in one though then it would be my left leg... For reasons <.<

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I would lose a leg. A prosthetic leg would be able to fulfil its function more closely to a real leg than a prosthetic arm to a real arm. The intricacy of finger movement i.e fine motor skills would be something I'd have to spend a lot of money on in a fake hand or otherwise go without if I were to choose a prosthetic one. Although, with how technology is advancing these days, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already made a synthetic hand capable of closely mimicking the real thing.

Last edited:
    Years
  • hmm is the cool robot limb all futuristic and stuff? like can it shoot laser beams, give me super human strength and rockets in the feet? if so I'd give up all my limbs and become a cyborg.

lol but yeah if it was just a prosthetic i'd give up a leg, arms are much more important in the work I do.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'd give up my left leg. My arms are very necessary to me, since I need them to type, write, and everything else. Legs are nothing, and easier to replace.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'd give up a leg. I need my hands and arms for so many things that I just couldn't do the same with a prosthetic. Whereas a prosthetic leg just really means no more excessive weights on lower body workouts and no running.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • I'd probably pick my (left/non-dominant) arm, because I'd feel more comfortable with a prosthetic arm than a leg for a lot of reasons. That, and I'm honestly pretty afraid of losing either of my legs. :c Especially since I came close to it a few years ago.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    As a guitarist, it's really hard to play using my feet to strum... So my leg would go without any doubt. Also, combined with the fact that feet don't have opposable thumbs, and robot legs are cool anyway, it'd be a no brainer.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yeah I'd probably give up a leg too. Legs are longer, but feel like I use my arms more often than my legs, and I could just wheel myself around or get a cool prosthetic leg and continue with most of my daily activities probably.

Back