• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: ASM Resource Thread

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
  • EV-enhancing items (Power Items)

Spoiler:

KDS to make it easier, what you should do is have the same effect as the Macho Brace, and make the individual EV enhancing items use the secondary byte as 0x1, 0x2, 0x3, 0x4, 0x5, 0x6 etc.

That way you don't need to code the extra speed drop for each individual effect.

Trainer 781

KDS to make it easier, what you should do is have the same effect as the Macho Brace, and make the individual EV enhancing items use the secondary byte as 0x1, 0x2, 0x3, 0x4, 0x5, 0x6 etc.

That way you don't need to code the extra speed drop for each individual effect.

Hmm, this looks a great idea. Might need to add some bit of extra code for this.

EDIT: Now updated. :D

Last edited:

Trainer 781

Nice work there KDS! Your are truly an ASM Lord! Haha! Anyway, can you also implement this idea as well:

Thanks! My domain on ASM is only limited to Battle Mechanics though and I'm still learning new things.

Oran Berry would require some effort and some knowledge of regular scripting (which I haven't touched yet). I suppose it would require three routines:
    1. One for pinch berry activation.
    2. Second, when you use an Oran Berry on your Pokemon while battling.
    3. Third, when you use an Oran Berry on your Pokemon in the Overworld.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • I'd like to say that this thread has been really helpful for me as my ASM skills are far worse than sub-par and, also, the Chain-Fishing one in particular is really cool to me. (◕‿◕✿)

I'd also like to request something for Fire Red BPRE v1.0 (adding to the infinite list of requests...):
    Stance Change.
    Basically, where a Pokémon uses an offensive move and changes its form to a more offensive Pokémon (or, rather, just a different index-number Pokémon entirely). However, when it uses a certain move (or just a status move would be fine, too), it reverts back to the old form.
    EDIT: Oh, and it would also have to revert to the other form outside of battle.
    What I was thinking was two separate abilities in order to accomplish this, but if one is possible, then that's great too!
    Thanks in advance!

God I sound so rude I am so sorry

EDIT: Also, should I go to DaniilS with this? I noticed that he had his own thread for form(e)s...

EDIT EDIT: Okay, I just noticed something while I was trying to get the Male-only and Female-only evolution methods working on Burmy.
    But ALL of the Pokémon generated by your routine are Male unless if they have more of an 82 percent chance of being female, in which case they are, and the Pokémon already caught turn into females. This is also shown in you post showcasing it, as the Tyranitar are also all Male.
    Just wanted to say this, haha...

Last edited:

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    You need the random number routine and the shiny generator routine I made. The three of them work in conjunction to make this effect happen. I know it works, because my test ROM is only shinies :x

Can someone post links to those required routines? I've been driving myself up a wall searching for them to no avail.

Years
  • Controling what breeds with what and what hatches from the result can be done with a Pokemon editor iirc.

Few simple questions on breeding, egg groups and all that. You said it's all doable via a Pokémon Editor. What I want, actually is that Charizard evolutionary line breeds only with its line and/or Ditto. No Dragon/Monster egg groups. Will I have to make an egg group for each evolutionary family?
    Also, how can I make Ditto breeds with himself too, not only all other Pokémon? And genderless Pokémon, like Magnemite? How can I make them breed?
    Finally, for Nidorans and Volbeat/Illumise, I wanna make the male breed with the female, but not breedable with Ditto. How can I do it?

Status update:
    Today I've been working on breeding stat passing, particularly nature. I found that a Pokemon's nature in the gen iii games are determined rather randomly. It's done by PID % 25, = nature. In later games, you'll notice that nature is determined in otherways than PID. It's quite bad that FR uses this system because that means that the Pokemon's nature is going to be randomized quite well. I can't really modify the PID to match a certain nature because the PID is used to determine Pokemon IVs and all that good stuff, not to mention the checksum which turns a Pokemon into a badegg. What this means is that I would have to keep generating a new Pokemon UNTIL the PID generated from the game matches qualities of the PID I want. The process is rather complicated and I'm frankly debating whether or not it's worth the work. Honestly, does anyone actually breed farm in ROM hacks?

Here, I just want to know if I can make all Pokémon to be Docile as default or if I can change all natures' data, so all natures behave like Docile. Is either of these possible?
    Thanks in advance!

Trainer 781

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • I have a request.

A routine that copies the player's current pokemon in party (EVs IVs, moves, Abilities, held items, etc.) and pastes it on a trainerbattle (user gets to choose which trainer).
    So, like a Battle With yourself. Would be cool as a final Battle or something.
    Is this possible? Would be awesome if anyone made this.

Last edited:

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Anyone want to try to make it so you can only use 4 items per battle so you're on equal footing with the trainers you're fighting?

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Can somebody post the code for the updated lightning rod/storm drain and sap sipper? I want to try modifying them to make my own abilities based on the same idea.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Life Orb Recoil

Spoiler:

I've noticed that this also prevents Sheer Force Pokemon getting any healing from the Shell Bell. This doesn't happen in the games I don't think. I'd probably do the Sheer Force Check after determining whether it has Shell Bell.

Great work! I'll have to link this post when I write up the rest of my Sheer Force routines on the Ability Resource Thread.

Can somebody post the code for the updated lightning rod/storm drain and sap sipper? I want to try modifying them to make my own abilities based on the same idea.

These will be posted on the Ability Resource Thread eventually.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Life Orb Recoil

Spoiler:

Well done on that KDS !

Same routine with Emerald offset !

Here :
    Spoiler:

Bonus:
    -Life Orb boost
    -Light ball updated
    -Item that boost a certain type of attack for Emerald
    -Timespace Orbs for Emerald

Note that for timespace orbs and new boost-type item, you can adjust the power added the same way than miracle seed and the like.

Spoiler:

Thanks! Oh, will the FR ver. be available soon? :D

Yep, it is now updated

Last edited:

Trainer 781

I've noticed that this also prevents Sheer Force Pokemon getting any healing from the Shell Bell. This doesn't happen in the games I don't think. I'd probably do the Sheer Force Check after determining whether it has Sheer Force. Otherwise great work! I'll have to link this post when I write up the rest of my Sheer Force routines on the Ability Resource Thread.

Thanks.
    Well it does prevent according to Bulbapedia.
    Also, I have already done the Sheer Force Check after checking the ability (literally copy pasted line-to-line your Sheer Force implementation xD).

Spoiler:

Responses in Bold.

Also, I might post a mini-documentation about the Battle Script Command 'cmd49' in the Quick R&D thread to provide insight of things that are happening at the End of a Move Execution.

And it will also help to create things like Weakness Policy, Rocky Helmet, Absorb Bulb etc.

Since I will be very busy doing College and Intern Projects, I don't have time to work on these for now. It would be better if some-one with free time will be able to work on these items.

Last edited:

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • Well done on that KDS !

Bonus, Life Orb boost (lightball updated included) :

Spoiler:

May I ask on how to incorporate the life orb recoil and boost?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    May I ask on how to incorporate the life orb recoil and boost?

The bunch of code you see here is ASM routine. If you don't know what is ASM, type on google or in this forum "ASM" and you'll see a lot of good tutorials.

If you know more or less what it is but don't know how to insert it, refer to that post because I can't explain it in a better way : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8526603&postcount=199

Btw you can simply read the tutorials on that thread, they're very good : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=343871

For the rest, read the instruction put together with the routine.

If you still have problem (and you actually tried to make it work), you can PM me

Hope it'll help

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • The bunch of code you see here is ASM routine. If you don't know what is ASM, type on google or in this forum "ASM" and you'll see a lot of good tutorials.

If you know more or less what it is but don't know how to insert it, refer to that post because I can't explain it in a better way : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8526603&postcount=199

Btw you can simply read the tutorials on that thread, they're very good : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=343871

For the rest, read the instruction put together with the routine.

If you still have problem (and you actually tried to make it work), you can PM me

Hope it'll help

Oh sorry, my question was quite misleading. I know how to insert ASM. hehe. I was asking if the life orb will work if I just separately insert your LO boost and KDS' LO recoil? Or I should change a byte (the held item effect,maybe?) in your asm routine. Thanks!

Back