• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: ASM Resource Thread

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Would it be possible to make a routine for new targeting methods in battle?

There seems to be space for it in the list. I would like one for targeting youself and your ally (like accupressure) and one that only targets your ally(heal pulse).

This is for Emerald btw.
    Thanks

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Here are some hacks that I have made for people. I hope you enjoy them. I have attempted to explain how they work as well, for those who want to learn. :)

Run a script from an items "Use" command or from registering it from select...
    Spoiler:

More to come as I can be bothered.

EDIT: Also feel free to ask about/request stuff here. I may not do all requests, but I'll try my best. :)

Hey guys, after finding my brain and a new Hex Editor that supports wildcard searches, I figured out the offsets for Emerald. Thanks to @Darthatron for the original ASM and thanks to absolutely nobody for helping me find those offsets. :)
    Even though I couldn't get it to compile for some reason, I will post the modified code here:
    Spoiler:

And here is the compiled code, modified with the correct Emerald offsets:
    Spoiler:

I just did a quick test with a Littleroot Town signboard item called 'Dog'. Everything seems to be a-ok. Time for sleep.

Hi, I saw this in an old thread. It's awesome ! Sadly, neither of the compiled nor the decompiled routines work for emerald. Can't compile the decompiled and the compiled one make my screen goes black. Someone could fix it ?

Ok nevermind, the compiled one works :) I guess it could be in the OP then
    EDIT the disassembled, there were 2 offset unchanged, corrected now :) (Thank's Touched x))

So, it would be cool if we can create a routine that make a pokemon unable to hold an item. This way we can transform Arceus, Giratina or whatever with an item and the transformed form wouldn't be able to hold an item to avoid to make them overpowered

Last edited:

Red John

Progressing Assembly hacker
    Years
  • I am sorry if I am asking something too specificbut I need them for a reason.
    First, could you make it so that whenever you whiteout you Dont go back to a PC but a routine runs and everything after that is handled by it? I found some offsets, but trying to hack it causes a reset.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Egg Group Dispaly Routine
    This is a simple routine that allows you to in game display the egg groups of a pokemon.

Usage:
    Insert into freespace, then in a script set variable 0x8000 to the species number of desired pokemon, the call the routine +1.

Stores results into 0x8000 and 0x8001. use a buffernumber command to display them.

Code:
    Spoiler:

Compiled
    EM
    Code:
    0F B5 09 4A 10 88 1C 21 48 43 08 49 40 18 41 78 00 78 07 4B 10 70 19 70 0F BD C0 46 B8 70 02 02 BA 70 02 02 CC 03 32 08 1C 00 00 00 38 00 00 00 20 00 00 00
    FR
    Code:
    0F B5 09 4A 10 88 1C 21 48 43 08 49 40 18 41 78 00 78 07 4B 10 70 19 70 0F BD C0 46 B8 70 03 02 BA 70 03 02 84 47 25 08 1C 00 00 00 38 00 00 00 20 00 00 00

Thanks to Fbi Agent and Touched for the help!
    Also thanks to Fbi Agent for cleaning my messy routine

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2016
    Hi, I dont know if this is still an active thread or not but..

Is it possible to make a trainer or gym leader have more than 6 pokemon, for example a team of 7? Like 7 pokeballs with 7 pokemon.. I don't know if thats possible or not but it would d really cool..
    Thanks

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Two possible routines that would be useful:
    1. Checking the specific map you're in (e.g. the ice room of shoal cave, the player's bedroom, etc.)
    2. Checking the type of map you're in (e.g. underground, inside, etc.)
    this is for emerald btw

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Alright, I realize this may be a dumb question, but I'm having a lot of difficulty understanding the asm of your Pokemon Storage found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8517719#8517719

I'm trying to understand where exactly the Pokemon is being moved to so that if I wanted a second daycare, I wouldn't need to double store all of their data when they are deposited. All I want to know: if I copied the exact hex from that post and inserted it, what would be the offsets of stored pokemon 1 and offset of stored pokemon 2?

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • Is there a possibility to make sitrus berry work like on the later generations (increases 25% hp). If there is anyone knows how, please help me. Thanks!:D

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Hi FBI, nice work so far!

I was wondering if it is possible to show the flying animation (the pokeball, the jump, the flying bird) for a certain charachter in the map who is not the hero/heroine..

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    I have a request...is it possible to save game without the menù? For example: an ow ask me "would you like to save the game?".
    Thanks FBI ;)

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I have a request...is it possible to save game without the menù? For example: an ow ask me "would you like to save the game?".
    Thanks FBI ;)

Pretty sure there are specials for this. Check trade centre scripts

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Bad news for you, it's not FBI. :D

Hi FBI, nice work so far!

I was wondering if it is possible to show the flying animation (the pokeball, the jump, the flying bird) for a certain charachter in the map who is not the hero/heroine..

This one, I'm pretty sure this is done via scripting. Just a little doanimation thingy. Search for FR Script Animations I guess. :)

Thanks FBI
    11.%20wink.gif

IIRC and AFAIK, this is also done via scripting. :D

On a side note, what could have happened to FBI? He's not too active in this thread anymore. Hope to see him soon. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Pretty sure there are specials for this. Check trade centre scripts
    I found the special but is only a pop up, when i click yes...nothing, the script restart with "would you like to save the game?".

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I found the special but is only a pop up, when i click yes...nothing, the script restart with "would you like to save the game?".

Either there are multiple specials or your script is incorrect. Try copying the logic of the trade script.

Back