• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beanie Babies

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Anyone remember Beanie Babies? They were a popular fad in the late 90s, but are still made today. Back in the day, though, people claimed they were valuable, and tried to sell them for crazy money.

People still do these days on Ebay, but I doubt it's anything compared to back then.

Do you guys have any Beanie Babies. Hell, I have a lot. Most are secondhand.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I use to have a hand full of them back in the day. I can't believe how much people would spend their money on them.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    My grandmother always used to buy them for my sister and I when we were younger. I loved them but they didn't compare to Webkinz or Build-a-bears which were far more popular when I was growing up.

I know my grandmother still has them in her house. She likes to keep that sort of thing.

Years
  • Beanie Babies are so cute. I used to collect them with my sister and friends when we were younger. My sister and I gave away our Beanie Babies to charity when we got older.

Bay

Years
  • I only ever gotten a couple beanie babies when I was younger. One was a husky named Nook, and another I think was a lobster. Both of those I got as McDonalds happy meal toys.

Years
  • I don't think they ever touched down in my country. I've asked some people here sometime ago about beanie babies and most have no clue what they are lmao. Probs a western thing.

I seem them as the 90s Youtooz or funkopops. Serves no real purpose other than being a collectible item and "investment" (since you can sell it for double/triple the original price).

Years
  • Dont mind them theyre pretty cute, I have a few old ones around. the market for them is/was silly though lol, maybe im sitting on diamonds! jk

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • We had a few beanie babies. I don't remember which ones specifically, just that we used to have them. My sisters and I kept them all in a shoebox that we drew "assigned seats" in. We got rid of them a long time ago though.

Josef

Currently playing Let's Go Pikachu
    Years
  • i was just looking at them in walgreens today. they're still pretty popular it seems, but they got an image-change. they have huge and sparkly eyes now.

i collected them during the boom. my favorites were the princess diana bear, clubby bear which i took to school and had stolen out of my desk, and the mcdonalds mini beanie babes.

Back