• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    It's not 100% about the smoke, it has a lot to do with the person. I think I've got an addiction-prone personality myself. Doesn't matter if it's smoking, drugs, gaming, gambling, or hookers, I'm sure if you give me just one I'll be addicted to each. Which is why I don't do any of them (except gaming). Some people just have really good psychology, bless their souls.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    That reminds me, but I've never understood how some people can't get addicted to smoking (such as a social smoker), or how some just flat out get addicted to it and smoke on a regular basis.

Just....because. XD

I live in a household with only one smoker, that being my dad. Most of my extended family smokes, so I often leave the room during social occasions since I don't particularly want to breathe in their toxins.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I can't stand smoking at all. My uncle died from smoking cigars all his life and that enough just makes me stray clear away from smoking. Even if it helps relieve stress and makes you lose weight I'm not doing it cause of other risks. And I was forced to carpool with two smokers for a year on my way from the special ed school I'd go to in the mornings to my regular high school. The car smelt awful all the time and so did my uniform most of the time. I think it's the nicotine in cigarettes can cause someone to be addicted to smoking. That stuff can be powerful.

Years
    I'm completely against smoking because of risk of secondhand smoking, and other than that there's just no long-term benefit to smoking that I can think of... It's a waste of money, debilitating health... what good can come from that?

When I was a kid I saw my dad suffering trying to quit smoking. He did, but it took him over 2 years to stop thinking about it completely. He stopped smoking when I was in second grade and stopped thinking about it just as fifth grade started and me and my mom left for United States.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Thankfully not addicted to it, and I can limit myself to 2 of them a day. I'm pretty sure it has to do with me knowing that its bad for me, and putting some control on it. On the other hand, I love trying different brands of rolling tobacco.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Never smoked and never will. My mom used to be addicted to smoking, to the point she had to go to rehab in order to quit. I'm better off with healthy lungs.

Years
    Sorry to **** up the thread with weather again, but is it really cold for anybody living in US right now? Right now it's 7 degrees fahrenheit out here in Maryland.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I live in Florida so still warmer than everyone else I believe. But where I live we're currently at 39F but it feels like 29F. Which for Florida is pretty stupidly cold. And it may or may not be that way during the day tomorrow which is terrifying.

My mom smokes and has been trying to 'quit' for several years. I believe she might have gotten a little better but not enough to really show? Not sure how to put it but bleh. Smoking is the one thing I'll certainly be avoiding in my lifespan.

Years
    I noticed it said the weather here earlier (and actually right now as well) was -5 F. So I'm all like, I'm curious, I'll step outside - since I have a balcony - and see just how cold it is! I dunno why, I think I'm just crazy like that.

...Nope, I can't open the door! It won't budge even an inch, so now I have a sliding glass door that's totally frozen shut for the moment. :D I definitely ended up turning on/up the heat in here because good grief.

(And I guess to give even more of a hint, even before I turned the heat up, the door was covered in condensation. Yeah, I guess it's a good thing I can't pry it open if the temperature difference is that great even without it being warm in here...)

Years
    New to your forums here :)
    Anyways it was warm in California today, doesn't even feel like its winter here

It's been raining where I was today, which is a surprise to see in a usually hot month like January as far as Australia is concerned.

Oh, and welcome Haxor!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I've never heard of a 'frostbite warning' before. That's so cool lol. We only usually get warned about large hailstones or damaging winds lol

Years
    It's 35F right now here in my part of Florida, but it's also very windy and the high today is like 48F, which is brutal for us. It may be warm for everyone else in the US, but not here. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back