• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Best Gen 1 Sprite?

Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I was looking through the sprites of the original games and I saw there were actually quite good ones, like this one!

Spr_1g_036.png

((This is from PKMN Green/Red!))
    Any other great gems?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    ezimba16933654770500.gif

These four are my fave gen 1 sprites. Hitmonlee in particular looks great

Years
  • The Haunter one posted above is still my favorite, and I've used it both as my signature and avatar on PC a few times before- it's that good. I have no problem with the way Haunter looks now, but it just isn't as menacing as it used to be back in the beginning.

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    I like a number of Yellow Sprites, but Pikachu and Raichu in that gen are probably my favorite sprites. Their backsprites suck though.

Years
  • Definitely Haunter, it looks a lot more threatening in this generation as opposed to how cartoonish it looks in other generations. But, that's partially because of it's color scheme.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • How about Golbat? That cute bat manages to cheer me up with its old generation sprite, hahaha. Them narrow eyes, gaping mouth, large fangs, oh did that image keep returning to me during the final exams at random intervals.

Pikachu's sprite is also nostalgic for me, so I would vote for the mouse.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I really like this ol' Pokémon Yellow Dragonite sprite:
    dragonite-color.png

I also think Dragonite's is one of the best. It really shows off that he is a powerful dragon (and the only dragon at the time lol)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    These are some of my favs too! So cute and sort of roundish in an interesting way. They have proper expressions and don't just stand there... like 3D models these days do o:

Back