• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best/Worst Alola Shinies

cleffable

Cleff
Years
  • For me the best is Pheromosa. So cool, black is the best for my fav UB.
    And the worst is Alola Marowak. Well, his body is blue (don't make any sense.)
    And for you?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    For me the best is Cutiefly/Ribombee, and the worst is Komala or Bruxish.

Years
  • What??? Can't agree with Marowak, i want a shiny Marowak badly!
    However I agree with you with the best shiny. Shiny Pheromosa is really pretty.
    I guess I have to give the worst shiny trophy to Pyukumuku... That green... It seems like someone just threw up on the poor thing.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Five most favorite: (No particular order)
    Alolan Marowak
    Toucannon
    Araquanid
    Comfey
    Palossand

Five least favorite: (No particular order)
    Pyukumuku
    Bruxish
    Kommo-o
    Incineroar
    Gumshoos

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    Bruxish is by far the coolest one I have seen. Looks like Christmas.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Shiny Kommo-o's color scheme is so bad; in fact, it's just as bad as shiny Excadrill's coloring, IMO. Shiny Alolan Vulpix is also a victim of not looking too different from the original version syndrome. Shiny Komala has it worse; only its log color changes.

Shiny Vikavolt and shiny Lunala look awesome.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Shiny Dewpider and Araquanid look awesome in those colours! Those two are my favourite shinies of the Alola dex. Least favourite is Bewear because it just really doesn't look much better in yellow.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My favourite Shiny Alolan Pokemon are Alolan Raichu and Marowak. The colours really work on both. Shiny Alolan Raichu looks like a chocolate mouse.

My least favourite Alolan Shiny is the Jangmo-o line. Why bright yellow and pink? Why?

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • My favorite shinies are probably Drampa, Oranguru, Tsareena and surprisingly Kommo-o as well even though I'd like it more if the yellow wasn't that bright. Those pink scales always remind me about cherry blossoms and I think that's cute.

For some reason I just can't get myself to like shiny Passimian though. Same goes for Bruxish and Komala as well, but especially for the latter as I find it weird that only the log has different colors.

Years
  • I'm also really upset that shiny Shiinotic looks so bad to me. Honestly, the shiny should've been the regular form, and the regular form should've been the shiny. Idk what would've made it better really aside from making the shiny version possibly a shade of a pretty blue or something. @__@

I feel Morelull and Shiinotic had a missed opportunity for the shiny colour, since the original pink on them was already perfect and most pink Pokemon turn blue when shiny (just look at Mew and Ditto), so I felt a pale blue would have made for a better choice than the orange/brown combination we got.

Years
  • Komala is the worst by far. What even? x_x

Agreed. When I first saw that shiny leaked I was like "Game Freak, did you really have to be this lazy?" and the fact its main body doesn't even change just makes Komala outright one of the worst shinies in existence, in fact even worse than shiny Garchomp.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Komala's amazing when you theorize that the log is the Pokemon, not the bear lol

They did a solid job on the locked Tapu's. I also like the Dewpider line.

Worst would probably be Incineroar and Salazzle. White shinies aren't that appealing to me.

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
    Years
  • I love black Shinies, so Pallosand and Minior take the cake for me. Decidueye and the Shiny-Locked Lunala also look fantastic (why must Shiny Locks exist).

I don't like how the Jangmo-o line looks. Yellow and bright pink is the worst color combination in the world. Alola Vulpix and Alola Ninetails are also kind of anticlimatic, considering there is very minor changes between the standard look and the Shiny.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Shiny Palossand looks kinda cool.

Kommo-o's shiny is fugly tho like how did that make it into the game

Why the fuck does Solgaleo look so sunburnt? Red makes sense for Lunala because then it looks like a bloodthirsty bat, but Solgaleo? I'm not sure if there's even a better colour for it but definitely not red. @__@
    idk, I like it, but that's probably because red would be my favorite color and all I can think of when I see shiny Solgaleo is Caineghis lol

Sirfetch’d

Bruxish and Ribombee are my favorites I think. Bruxish is literally Christmas in a fish! As for the worst, I will say Solgaleo. It's not good by any means...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Salazzle, Litten, Araquanid and the Tapus have the best shiny coloring.

Years
  • I don't like the Litten line's shiny forms. They remind me too much of candy canes which is just extremely silly.

Dewpider and Araquanid's black/purple/red mix were definitely a step in the right direction for what a popular shiny should be. As we know, black makes awesome shinies.

Back