• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals

pkmin3033

I'm going to close my ears, cover my ears, and not look at anything for the next few days. I just spent an absolute fortune and I can't afford to spend another absolute fortune on things I don't need >.>

A lot of websites' idea of a "deal" is only £2 or so off the original price anyway, which is infuriating.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i did the bulk of my shopping last week when i get paid bc i'm stupid lol my partner bought a new tv for our living room though so there's that. i'm pretty excited for it. i bought some soap..........it wasn't even on sale it's just something i was gonna get for my partner anyway lol. i haven't actually been off for black friday in my adult life so i'm like. idk what i'm doing. i'm not going anywhere obviously but i was lookin around to see if any etsy shops or smth have sales. i'd rather buy from small businesses if i can but i don't think i'll be doing any shopping tbh.

Years
    didn't feel the need to buy anything tbh. i'mma just wait for christmas bonuses to get the things i want this year, and with that coming in just about 3 weeks or so, i'm sure the gaming mouse and second monitor can wait.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Many stores sneakily raise the prices throughout Sep/Oct/Nov only to set the price back to its summer level on "Black Friday" and call it a sale. It's just a scam, friends.

Years
    ^ That and I don't really need anything that would be on sale.

I have no idea why it's a thing here, our thanksgiving is in October.

Years
    That too.

I can't even afford a cellphone and have never been able to, I've never had a cellphone.

Years
    I have to say that BestBuy did have a lot of good deals and I did snatch some things up. I didn't go crazy though and am ok with how much I spent.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i caved and got some stuff from hot topic's website. mostly gifts, but i did nab myself another persona 5 shirt bc they were on sale. got my cousin a cat mask, sister a neopets shirt, and partner a lugia figure.

Years
    I'm gonna miss Cyber Monday because of school *sob* Oh...I don't even have a credit card...never mind.

I walked to Walmart on Black Friday just to look around and it wasn't crowded surprisingly. Then again, I went at like, 10am so maybe the crowds have died down. Most of their deals were online anyway to my knowledge.

I wanted to go to Best Buy, but no one would drive me, and the walk is too far anyway, like two hours. x_x;

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm gonna miss Cyber Monday because of school *sob* Oh...I don't even have a credit card...never mind.
    these days Black Friday and Cyber Monday aren't even single days anymore, they have sales and all that for several days now

like I wouldn't be surprised if in the coming years it kinda ends up being Black Friday Month or something like that lol

Years
    i remember being so into the mindset that i was going to get something this black friday/cyber monday, but it just... never really worked out. didn't really feel motivated to really want to buy something. plus after reading riki's post, i'm not sure if i really want to go black friday/cyber monday shopping again. u_u

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
    I bought a somewhat lower-priced Xbox gaming wheel --And the price wasn't lowered that much at all.. 😞

Otherwise I accidentally missed both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, due to my obsession with programming..

Back