• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Castform

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Did anyone here actually use Castform? Every time I get it, I take it's mystic water and box it... forever. What about you guys? Did you use it after the Weather Institute or did you just leave it in the box?

Years
  • I think I used it once for a challenge and it was okay as long as the move you used was Super Effective. It's not really a good Pokemon whatsoever. And it needs like a mega or evolved form with Protean and a high Special Attack. That'd make it worth the while.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I usually don't take Castform if I don't need the Mystic Water. And if I do use Castform it's because my team would be a weather based team and Castform would be a huge help in the team.

Years
  • I didn't really use Castform for anything, but I do remember from my first run in Ruby using it to spam Powder Snow on Winona's Altaria :P The Mystic Water that comes with it usually ends up with Swampert, because of the huge boost that his water type attacks get, especially when Torrent is activated.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've used it for a couple of days to see how it goes. Then, I put the Pokémon into my PC. It's all right, but Castform definitely needs better stats if it wants itself to be used more in competitive scene. :P

Years
  • I'm the same as you. xD;; I'd nab its Mystic Water and box it since it was too weak for me to train and I wasn't a fan of weather-inducing moves in most cases, especially if the Pokemon relies on them. :( I already had a water type by then so the Mystic Water came in handy.

Sorry, Castform. You're destined to forever be in a box.

Years
  • I did try it out for a bit (mine was male with Careful nature, so yeah not really the best hahaha) and while the whole weather conditions thing was fun, he never ended up as a permanent team member and still lies in the box today.

Years
  • I never used it as a battling Pokemon- there were far too many better options to pick from.

I did use it as a contest Pokemon though, and it was the very first one that I beat a Master Rank contest with. Castform can learn a lot of useful Beauty category attacks for contests, and mine loved eating blue Pokeblocks, so I did quite well using it versus other Pokemon in different categories.

Years
  • Castform was an awesome pokemon. Until I noticed that his...umm...balls? those two(three)...things, looked like boobs. Not it's awesome but a bit weird. I'd use him if I actually had a slot for him, there are a lot of Pokemon I like more so yeah :/
    But he's nice :D

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Castform is quite cute and has a nice cloudy design, but I never found time time to use him. In fact, other than boxing him up I never even used him. I tried training him up but after two battles with nearby wild Oddish I just drew in a heavy breath and boxed him.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Castform was an awesome pokemon. Until I noticed that his...umm...balls? those two(three)...things, looked like boobs. Not it's awesome but a bit weird. I'd use him if I actually had a slot for him, there are a lot of Pokemon I like more so yeah :/
    But he's nice :D

Boobs? I thought he looked more like balls idk maybe that's just me..

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I think I used it in my first playthrough of Emerald because I was severely underleveled (I hated powerleveling as a kid and now it's all I do all day) and so Castform was actually stronger than most of my pokemon at the time.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I hated having to use a weather move + Weather Ball to get good damage on an opponent. On the better side, I like how its type changes according to weather. Allows for the prediction game to be played pretty well. xD

But, I usually dodged using Castform, as it seemed unappealing to me.

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
    Years
  • Did anyone here actually use Castform? Every time I get it, I take it's mystic water and box it... forever. What about you guys? Did you use it after the Weather Institute or did you just leave it in the box?

Yeah, exactly what I do every time.

The problem usually is that by the time I get to the Weather Institute, I have a full team. I tried using Castform once, It was okay with a sort of cool weather gimmick, but it's stats just don't cut it.

So, yeah, take Mystic Water and then Permabox.

The Ash-Ketchum

Ash-Ketchum
    Years
  • I did use Casform its like rotom when you teach it several type of moves like ice fire water and electricity and to train its EV is really easy.So its in my Best team wich is
    Swellow
    Gligar
    Castform
    Sudowoodo
    Metagross
    And finally Sceptile which is Lv.100 and EV trained

KodakKid3

Aggron
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I have like 3-4 Castforms just boxed up. They're cool conceptually, but just kind of weak. They're just useful for the pokedex entry, and the mystic water really (Trading too).

Back