• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Ch. 35 - The Unnecessarily Surreal City - Pokémon Choice Quest 2

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • This is a really tough choice! I'm curious about all these places.

But I can't pass up the chance for a new teammate! 5. Go, Pok? Ball!

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • 1) We need food(aside the cone)...
    and water... and soap... and somewhere to sleep...(maybe there's furniture or camping gear there?)
    and a few extra medical supplies would also do just in case anything onix-pected were to happen...
    Damien.aspiring.fandev said:
    By the way, I know this is sudden and unrelated but...
    are we going to hug any legendary pok?mon?
    Is Cuddles not enough to you?
    Checkmate

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Oops, I missed a chapter noooooo... D:

Anyway, I think the store should be worth checking out, considering there's probably no one else around to take care of it. As long as a Kecleon isn't guarding that shop, we should be fine! #1

Still though, that Sandshrew statue is single-handedly the most suspicious thing here. If anything, we need to be inspecting that!

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • And so it happens.

It appears that more people has chosen to take whatever things they find lying in the showcases. Quite a radical change throughout 20 chapters of sheer strangeness, huh?

And make sure to always love Sandshrew. Sandshrew is the most adorable Ground-Type Pokémon we were gifted ever since the franchise has come to fruition.

250px-027Sandshrew.png

Let's be honest, look at its eyes! You can't be serious that is the suspicious look they would give if they have ever done anything immoral. They are most innocent, cute, little Pokémon that wander from many dry places. They are also strong on their own, it is even theorized that they descend from a super-ancient Pokémon known as Groudon. This itself, makes them a staple, a popular choice for campers because they know what they are doing. Sandshrew is the best Pokémon, and will always be.

Never ever refuse its plea of help whenever you come across one. Always love Sandshrew, forever and ever.

What should you do?
    1. Visit the Department Store for freebies! It's not stealing if they leave it there, right? - 4 Votes
    2. Inspect one of the tall buildings. There might be something in there. - 1 Vote
    3. Take a ride through the Caterpie Terminal. It would be a quick way to move from places to places.
    4. Search the heap of junk and trash. There might be something in there.
    5. Try to catch one of the Parasect. Maybe they won't notice, or perhaps would be glad to. - 2 Votes

Pokémon
    iIalld2.png
    Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

229MS.png
    Houndoom (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

Inventory
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
    ×4
    Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
    ×3
    Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Key Items
    4marJqs.png
    Casteliacone...? An ice cream received from a man in orange suit. It glows a radiant purple hue.

Bag_Lustrous_Orb_Sprite.png
    Mysterious Orb A translucent sphere found inside the grotto near Shanama Town. What purpose could it serve?

Bag_Old_Rod_VI_Sprite.png
    Old Rod Claimed to have been used valiantly by a certain Trainer of the past. Ordinary looking but durable.

Deaths: 1​
    Chapter 21: Stealing is Bad

Having not found a way to return yet, there's no point in staying in one place listening to the creaking pile of garbage. If any, you'd be following a path that piques your interest while you're at it.

And, as it appears to be several blocks away to the west of the crossroad, your eyes are met with a large, entrance-open building that is unexpectedly crowded with customers. Not actual humans, but Pokémon pushing stuffed trolleys toward the counter, just like humans.

A Graveler, on the side of the counter, does exactly what a clerk would do. In front of it, is a Chansey who hands out rocks as payment, bringing along groceries and walks past you.

While you do learn a thing or a two, it also leaves you a bit perplexed; what value do they see in such impractical currency? Though their methods may be questionable, it might be best to follow the terms to fit in the totally different society.

What are you going to do?
    1. Causing a scene would really suck, so let's turn back and head somewhere else.
    2. Why come empty-handed when you could gather some rocks to buy something?
    3. Ask Chansey about what on earth is this place. Maybe she does speak English.
    4. Try to follow and catch Chansey when no one is looking.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    4. Having a pokemon with freebie healing moves will be useful. So let's go catch a Chansey.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 3. I love Chansey and I would befriend it first and hopefully the Chansey will join me on my journey and decides it wants to have me as its trainer.

Meadow

Years
  • Yeah, what exactly is this place anyway? xD It would be pretty interesting if this Chansey could speak English, so let's go with #3 and find out!

Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

Years
  • 3. It'd be worth getting a talking Chansey companion! Then we could eat all the Casteliacones we want. :')

And I agree with Revise, that Sandshrew thing is not only suspicious, it's creepy. *shifty eyes*

Years
  • 3. Let's return to the randomness

And what are you talking about? It's totally okay to start speaking about Sandshrew. It's the most adorable Ground-Type we were gifted ever since the franchise has come to fruition.

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • And what are you talking about? It's totally okay to start speaking about Sandshrew. It's the most adorable Ground-Type were gifted ever since the franchise has come to fruition.

Sounds like Sandshrew has an accomplice here... =p

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Whew, that's almost a week of procrastinating busy stuff that is going on for no more. Now I'll have to make up my lateness by updating the thread.
    And an apology too, so...forgive my incompetence. Give me another chance to thrive in a "pool of sand".

That was bad, but here we go again.

What are you going to do?
    1. Causing a scene would really suck, so let's turn back and head somewhere else.
    2. Why come empty-handed when you could gather some rocks to buy something?
    3. ► Ask Chansey about what on earth is this place. Maybe she does speak English. - 6 Votes
    4. Try to follow and catch Chansey when no one is looking. - 1 Vote

Pokémon
    iIalld2.png
    Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

229MS.png
    Houndoom (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

Inventory
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
    ×4
    Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
    ×3
    Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Key Items
    4marJqs.png
    Casteliacone...? An ice cream received from a man in orange suit. It glows a radiant purple hue.

Bag_Lustrous_Orb_Sprite.png
    Mysterious Orb A translucent sphere found inside the grotto near Shanama Town. What purpose could it serve?

Bag_Old_Rod_VI_Sprite.png
    Old Rod Claimed to have been used valiantly by a certain Trainer of the past. Ordinary looking but durable.

Deaths: 1​
    Chapter 22: Revelation

An explanation, however tiny it is, is more helpful than knowing nothing of one's surroundings. Granted, there were a lot of unanswered questions inhibiting the conclusion of the otherworldly atmosphere. From the way they react to each other━yourself included, everything felt amiably mutual and dissonant. Thus, you decide to interact with one of them, thinking if the Pokémon could understand your speech.

"Hello, may I ask you something?"
    "Yes?" The Chansey turns back to reply calmly, "What is it that you want to know?"

To your surprise, the Chansey seems to understand what you're saying, and is bilingual to boot! You start from the topmost list of your queries, down to the last to fill in your curiosity with newfound knowledge of this region.

"The way you look, I can see that you're a foreign." Chansey continued to speak, "Don't be alarmed, we treat everyone as kindred equals, so there's no discrimination between us. It makes me happy to see strangers to visit us, after all!"

Spoiler: What is this place?
    "This city used to be a bustling metropolitan for both kin. Technology vying vast and rampant, structures were remodeled to allow easier life. It was almost an utopia-like, everyone was living happily without worry ever haunting their lives, until a disaster struck the heart of the mountain and ultimately, the region itself. Now it's just a niche civilization like us, reminiscing our days with the denizens, living the usual while rebuilding what was left bit by bit."

Spoiler: What happened?
    "As you can obviously see from the ruins ahead us, fissures and cracks are very abundant in the eye. That's the proof of this city's downfall, the very fissure that cleaved the entire Raoga in two. The cause to it, we never truly knew. All we could learn that a bright light shone upon the topmost of Mt. Rokk, and destruction followed after we laid our eye to such bizarre occurrence. It was horrible to see our home to live in such sorry state, but fortunately not everyone was hurt thanks to their cooperation in helping each other.

Where are they now? They moved long ago knowing that they couldn't live here anymore because it's very ill-suited. But even then, I'm sure that they've found a better place to settle in this world, which I don't know where it was."

Spoiler: What about the floating islands?
    "This city is now a floating island? What are you on about? Haha, I'm not sure if I follow your joke here, or are you really telling me the truth that we're up here in the skies? The world itself is full of mystery, so I don't think I have the answer for that one."

Spoiler: Is there a way to exit the city?
    "There were only a few options to choose from. We're currently in the Eastern District, so I'd recommend taking the Caterpie Terminal to go south since the other path caved in. Alternatively, you can choose to travel through the deserted buildings to reach north, or get through the blocking debris provided your Pokémon knows how to make it easier for you to get across."

Spoiler: It might be weird, but how can you speak like a human?
    "My Trainer taught me everything she knows. I'm happy to have a kindhearted Trainer like her."

After asking Chansey several questions, you decide to trade goodbyes as the two of you part ways. Though not everything is clear, you still find yourself capable to get back on the track, after figuring out how things will work that is.

Now, what?
    1. Head to the Caterpie Terminal and take the southern route.
    2. Travel through a series of tall buildings to reach the northern route.
    3. Use Cuddles to Bounce through the debris and take the western route.
    4. Call Chansey out. She might be lying about several things.

Hyzenthlay

Years
  • Aww, what a helpful Chansey!

I'm really curious about the Caterpie Terminal, so I'll go with #1 this time!

Back