• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Color Flattered

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The style you're viewing right now here is known "Color Flattered." It's definitely not done yet; still have a long way to go until it's officially complete. If you have any feedback or suggestions for it, feel free to drop them here! You may also post here if you notice bugs.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    It's too freaking bright... >.>
    For the most part I dont think it's that bright, but I'm sure a reduction in the intensity of the white wouldn't do much harm?

I am really liking this style, Nymph! I'm particularly fond of the font choice, however I've noticed that links look just a tad bit smaller than unlinked text. It's not a major issue, but it can look a little odd at times.

The only major thing I dislike about the style currently is that I can't see the pretty Xerneas artwork hidden behind the the forum. :C Perhaps make the forum background transparent, or somewhat translucent to help show of thee lovely artwork? Right now with the white background, Xerneas seems redundant.

But anyway, keep up the good work; I'm looking forward to seeing this theme develop. Good luck! C:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Translucent look would definitely help. Either way, I absolutely adore the colors! And the font for usernames as well. Looks super amazing. And the "Hi there, Sakazuki" and the stuff at the top look sexy as hell! I CAN'T WAIT TO USE THIS IN FUTURE THIS IS SO GOOD LOOKING GOSH.

Jsyk I'm using your style right now too. The Y-Axis. ;]

Edit: Oh god. My posts look so good in this theme. I WANT IT NAO. ;_______;

Edit 2: LMFAO I DIDN'T KNOW I COULD USE IT FO' REAL. I'm changing to it right now. :D

Edit 3: I love you, nymph <3; This is sweet.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This is going to be the first time in a very long time I'm not going to be using my own style on the forums. I love it. Its lighthearted and fresh, and really minimal which appeals to me. I see what you're trying to do with the color scheme.

Suggestions:
    Change the font face for the logo.
    Too much color in the logo.
    Add a link to the battle server next to the Oekaki.
    Change the vbmenucontrol color to something else. That red is what? inducing. But after a while, it's less prominent and does make some sense.
    Change the subscription icon to a star or something like a book with a bookmark. A lot of people associate that icon with "Let my system know where my location is."
    Change the multi quote button because I had a hard time knowing what that did from looking at it.
    Change the quick reply button to because of the same reason. Just a down arrow is what it's really known to be, so maybe something that doesn't make me think "refresh!"
    Maybe swap the buddy list icon to the PM list and just replace the original buddy list icon with a head and shoulders silhouette.
    Move the footer into the table. It looks ugly like that and distracts from the style when you reach the end of the page. I think if you do something like I did with the footer with Chromatic, it'd look fresh.

Also, I agree with the translucent suggestion. Make the background a little transparent and the tables to match so we can see the artwork! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Also, I agree with the translucent suggestion. Make the background a little transparent and the tables to match so we can see the artwork! :)
    Basically just this, or anything else that'll make the background more visible - otherwise this theme is looking absolutely beautiful and I'm very much looking forward to using it!

Although maybe a slight bug - is this meant to happen?

Color Flattered

The 'Pokécommunity' box is usually in line with everything else, but upon scrolling it ducks under the header bar a little. Otherwise the theme is wonderful great job ♥

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    As someone who usually prefers the darker styles, I actually really like this one. The header across the very top of the page is really convenient and helpful. Like everyone else though, I wish I could see the artwork in the background. XD

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
    Oh, wow. I like this quite bright theme. Also like everybody else, I'd like to see the background a little more translucent, which I think this theme will benefit from. Although, fantastic job! I'm looking forward to seeing with comes of this! c:

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Something you probably already know, but the Your Notifications dropdown javascript being present in the navbar causes an issue with your intended notifications.

Years
    As I have said before, this style looks really awesome Ashley! :3

However one personal gripe I have is the alignment at the top right here.. this will be fixed sooner or later right? :p

Color Flattered

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've tried adding transparency, guys, but it just didn't seem to look too well. :( I'll still try to figure out something to display the artwork. If I can't, though, then I'm afraid I may have to leave it like this; sorry.

This is going to be the first time in a very long time I'm not going to be using my own style on the forums. I love it. Its lighthearted and fresh, and really minimal which appeals to me. I see what you're trying to do with the color scheme.

Suggestions:
    Change the font face for the logo.
    Too much color in the logo.
    Add a link to the battle server next to the Oekaki.
    Change the vbmenucontrol color to something else. That red is what? inducing. But after a while, it's less prominent and does make some sense.
    Change the subscription icon to a star or something like a book with a bookmark. A lot of people associate that icon with "Let my system know where my location is."
    Change the multi quote button because I had a hard time knowing what that did from looking at it.
    Change the quick reply button to because of the same reason. Just a down arrow is what it's really known to be, so maybe something that doesn't make me think "refresh!"
    Maybe swap the buddy list icon to the PM list and just replace the original buddy list icon with a head and shoulders silhouette.
    Move the footer into the table. It looks ugly like that and distracts from the style when you reach the end of the page. I think if you do something like I did with the footer with Chromatic, it'd look fresh.

I agree with you on those icons; I'll definitely replace them before releasing. Menu control color was supposed to be this way, but yes, it does seem a little bright. ^^" I'll try switching it to something darker. As for footer, I haven't made much changes to it yet. I have some things planned for it, but if they don't turn out the way I want them to, I'll consider your suggestion. Thanks, Ace!

Basically just this, or anything else that'll make the background more visible - otherwise this theme is looking absolutely beautiful and I'm very much looking forward to using it!

Although maybe a slight bug - is this meant to happen?

Color Flattered

The 'Pokécommunity' box is usually in line with everything else, but upon scrolling it ducks under the header bar a little. Otherwise the theme is wonderful great job ♥

Thanks a lot, Ozzy. I'm planning to replace that with a solid image, so hopefully, that should clear up the bug.

As I have said before, this style looks really awesome Ashley! :3

However one personal gripe I have is the alignment at the top right here.. this will be fixed sooner or later right? :p

Color Flattered

This is intentional, you know? Haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This looks very nice, but I'd like a thinner, fixed width version :3 That way some of the artwork in the background would also show.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    A smaller, fixed-width version would be awesome, if possible. Like Red said.

Though, I love the colors, and fonts, and general appearance of this. It's one of the nicer bright themes. v w v

Years
    Honestly loving where this theme is going and looking forward to seeing the final product :D Although being the web-design nitpicker that I am, there's a ton of little details that I feel can be fixed >.< But won't mention them because they're just personal preferences and me just being picky XD Overall a very nice looking theme so far~

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Spoiler:

Decreasing the width causes this on the main page. Looks slightly awkward. :p I welcome the ability to change width, though! :D

Back