• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Member Lounge - so how do you like PC so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    Thank you Kendypls.

Please call me Kendy. :)
    I made that signature myself a few years ago. It's a little old now. I'm glad that it's managed to hold up to the test of time.

It definitely stands the test of time, I hope you don't change it any time soon it's pretty cool!

Gengar has been one of my favorite pokemon since my early days with the franchise. I thought it only natural to go with a favorite. :)

I was gutted when I couldn't have one without trading, that's one of the main reasons I got into rom hacking so I could get a gengar without friends ;) #ForeverAlone, so gengar also holds a special place in my heart, probably wouldn't have found PC if it wasn't for him :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello everyone. I'm not a new member, but I havent been around for quite some time.

I would like to choose Poison as my favorite typing, and Gastly as my starter.

I'm going to actually try to make some friends on here instead of pestering Necrum. (^_^)

Hey Gamma. Nice to have you here; I know you're not new, but this is my first time meeting you. Love the Gastly line too.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Hey all, my name's Caaethil (if you couldn't tell). I have a welcome thread, but apparently I can't post links. Go read that if you want my life story (just kidding, but that's where to go if you want to read me ranting about my favourite everything).

Anyway, as for types and partners and all of that business, Water is totally the coolest type in the game, and the Froakie line is not only the coolest Water line, but the coolest line full stop. So I'd put Froakie down as my partner. :D

Edit: Look, look, five posts! All right here! :) (I half expect to hit 10 before anybody responds to this, since I'm a tryhard and will get to Greninja before I even touch the rest of the forum).

Last edited:

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • Hey man! Welcome man!

Im also a big fan of the water starters, and will almost everytime pick a water starter in a game. What games have you played so far?

Hope to see you around!

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Hey man! Welcome man!

Im also a big fan of the water starters, and will almost everytime pick a water starter in a game. What games have you played so far?

Hope to see you around!

My main series games, in order of starting them:

HeartGold -> Black -> White 2 (still never finished it, haha) -> X -> AlphaSapphire -> Platinum (restarted, never beaten yet).

Despite being a comparatively new player in the grand scheme of things, what with all the Gen 1 players I'm sure there are around here, I'm quite the Pokemon nerd and have always been the most knowledgeable among my friends (despite what some might tell you, heheh).

Only time I didn't pick Water first time was in Unova, when I picked Snivy. I was quite a bit younger at the time, and recall claiming that Oshawott was the worst of the three because it looked sad. Samurott is super cool though and Oshawott has grown on me.

Sorry Tepig, you're still kind of meh.

I do have massive nostalgia for Totodile, the 'mon I chose first back in HeartGold. Love him to this day.

Years
  • Only time I didn't pick Water first time was in Unova, when I picked Snivy. I was quite a bit younger at the time, and recall claiming that Oshawott was the worst of the three because it looked sad. Samurott is super cool though and Oshawott has grown on me.

I remember when everyone hated Oshawott, but since he's my Poke-Mascot the day I fell in love with him I always felt the little guy had potential, and you have to admit even I didn't expect Samurott coming, as far as what the final evo design would look like.

The Alola starters' current popularity poll rankings remind me so much of Unova's starters upon first reveal, with the Grass-type being the fan fave, Fire-type being in the middle, and Water-type being the unloved "derp" but I know Popplio can sway some fans with its evos.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • I remember when everyone hated Oshawott, but since he's my Poke-Mascot the day I fell in love with him I always felt the little guy had potential, and you have to admit even I didn't expect Samurott coming, as far as what the final evo design would look like.

The Alola starters' current popularity poll rankings remind me so much of Unova's starters upon first reveal, with the Grass-type being the fan fave, Fire-type being in the middle, and Water-type being the unloved "derp" but I know Popplio can sway some fans with its evos.

Part of me thinks this might happen, but another thinks that Popplio will retain the quirky factor we don't see much in final forms. I don't know, I just feel like Popplio has a certain silly charm that it won't lose, and instead it'll keep the circus vibe and look a little bit silly in it's final form, while still being more impressive.

But hey, Samurott happened.

Edit: We're past 10 posts, team!

Last edited:

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2017
    Please call me Kendy. :)

It definitely stands the test of time, I hope you don't change it any time soon it's pretty cool!

I was gutted when I couldn't have one without trading, that's one of the main reasons I got into rom hacking so I could get a gengar without friends ;) #ForeverAlone, so gengar also holds a special place in my heart, probably wouldn't have found PC if it wasn't for him :D

Kendy it is :)

I was actually thinking of making a new one, but youve convinced me to stick with this one.

Leave it to Gengar of all mons to bring people together lol.

Hey Gamma. Nice to have you here; I know you're not new, but this is my first time meeting you. Love the Gastly line too.

Thanks for the warm welcome Shawn.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Have you guys seen the new info about Sun and Moon? o:

It's been good, I love the female protagonist's design once again, given how diverse the females in the games tend to be. The legendary types have been a bit mixed reaction though, if you ask.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • It's been good, I love the female protagonist's design once again, given how diverse the females in the games tend to be. The legendary types have been a bit mixed reaction though, if you ask.

I don't mind the typings; they look pretty cool to me~!

I play competitive though, so, I wonder if they'll be any good?

Years
  • I don't mind the typings; they look pretty cool to me~!

I play competitive though, so, I wonder if they'll be any good?

Well, the competitive community seem to already be frowning down upon Lunala due to being 4x weak to Ghost and Dark. Solgaleo on the other hand seems to be looked at for repeating the "Metagross type" once again, and on a design you wouldn't expect for the type.

Years
  • Furthermore, Solgaleo's ability, Clear Body, is the same as Metagross'. I think GameFreak really dropped the ball there, even if Solgaleo gets Fire-type coverage moves; Solgaleo definitely should have had Fire as one of its two types, or at the very least, a different ability than Metagross.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Cause Drapion is my favorite pokemon and I think poison is such a good status effect. Keeps you on your toes in a nuzlocke. I dunno why I love drapion so much but by golly!
    That's clever, I do really like it when I can inflict bad poison on an opponent (8 Don't like it lots in nuzlockes though haha.
    Uhmm
    Hello , I'm Apart..
    .. I joined about 8 days ago, and I've met & talked to a lot of amazing people! I even made some friends. :)
    I'm really having fun on this site but I'm still pretty new ~
    -
    My Favorite Pokemon typing is Fairy.
    My Pokemon partner would be Clefa.
    Hello apart! I've seen you around before c: I'm glad you're having a nice time! Cleffa is adorable <3 I'll add you to the OP!

Uhm... Well, I haven't made up my mind yet..
    But, I do really like Litten. It's..adorable. I can't say for certain if I'm going to choose it to be my starter pokemon, but it's still very cute.
    Umm, what about you?
    #teamlitten <33333 But mostly because it's a fire cat haha and I love cats and fire is my favorite type! However, if the evolutions are really cool for the others, it might make me change my team c: Nothing's set in stone.

I'm Team Litten myself, but I always choose the Fire starter. I'm excited to see how everything evolves though. People seem sold on the circus theme circling around the Internet.
    The circus theme! I heard of that. Rowlet's the kind of director/owner (or acrobat?) and Litten's the tiger jumping through fire hoops and popplio's the clown, right?

I am a new member i liked this post.
    I prefer with ghost their defense may be is low but they can make faint the others by their moves before they attack
    i will take the misdreavus
    Ghost types are pretty cool these days, there's such a big variation compared to in the first few gens of pokémon. Welcome to the forums! I'll add you with Misdreavus c:

Hello everyone. I'm not a new member, but I havent been around for quite some time.

I would like to choose Poison as my favorite typing, and Gastly as my starter.

I'm going to actually try to make some friends on here instead of pestering Necrum. (^_^)
    Hi Gamma, welcome back c: It's nice when people remember this place and return.

Oh, I sometimes forget that Gastly's line is poison as well o: A bit strange that our very first ghosts were poison types somehow d: Ahah you're a pal of Necrum's then?

Hey all, my name's Caaethil (if you couldn't tell). I have a welcome thread, but apparently I can't post links. Go read that if you want my life story (just kidding, but that's where to go if you want to read me ranting about my favourite everything).

Anyway, as for types and partners and all of that business, Water is totally the coolest type in the game, and the Froakie line is not only the coolest Water line, but the coolest line full stop. So I'd put Froakie down as my partner. :D

Edit: Look, look, five posts! All right here! :) (I half expect to hit 10 before anybody responds to this, since I'm a tryhard and will get to Greninja before I even touch the rest of the forum).
    Welcome Caaethil! I really love your username, is it from somewhere or did you make it up? c:

Water is okay I guess (; (; Froakie is really okay! I'll put you up with Froakie in the OP. EDIT: Samurott I guess? XD

Hey man! Welcome man!

Hope to see you around!
    Another team popplio hmmmm

Haven't seen many #TeamGrass posts here lately. C'mon, team, represent!
    Yea I know, team Popplio really is overrepresented in this thread lately ;D #teamlitten go go go!

Have you guys seen the new info about Sun and Moon? o:
    The protagonists are hella cute. Say what you want about their clothing, but overall they are SO CUTE.

Years
  • The protagonists are hella cute. Say what you want about their clothing, but overall they are SO CUTE.

Community Member Lounge - so how do you like PC so far

I've usually been dissatisfied with the male protagonist designs, but I think he's the first decent one since Emerald Brendan.

The female is the one I usually like due to their diverse designs, and I love how this one has a flower pattern on her shirt. Really good attention to detail when it comes to showing which region she's doing her adventure in, and her bag reminds me of a watermelon as well which I admit is also cute. Don't get why people hate her hat so much though.

Years
  • I've usually been dissatisfied with the male protagonist designs, but I think he's the first decent one since Emerald Brendan.

The female is the one I usually like due to their diverse designs, and I love how this one has a flower pattern on her shirt. Really good attention to detail when it comes to showing which region she's doing her adventure in, and her bag reminds me of a watermelon as well which I admit is also cute. Don't get why people hate her hat so much though.

Even though the protagonists' designs are nice, I'm really hoping for trainer customization to make a comeback; that was one of my favorite aesthetic aspects of XY!

Years
  • I'll still play as the default female design. Going to likely choose her canonical design (white skin and dark hair) since that's closest to my actual appearance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back