• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • From Serebii: "DexNavi which helps you find Pokémon in the wild and register them in your Pokédex. You can sneak up on Pokémon, or you can register Pokémon that you encounter in the overworld into your Pokédex."
    I'm interested to see how this changes wild encounters (if at all) and pokedex completion.

The ability to capture all those legendaries is such good news! They were easy enough to collect using the GTS but I'm excited for them to have my trainer/original trainer and be nickname-able and stuff. How great!

Years
  • From Serebii: "DexNavi which helps you find Pokémon in the wild and register them in your Pokédex. You can sneak up on Pokémon, or you can register Pokémon that you encounter in the overworld into your Pokédex."
    I'm interested to see how this changes wild encounters (if at all) and pokedex completion.

You know, I wonder if that scene from the big Japanese trailer which shows Brendan sneaking up on a Pikachu whose tail is sticking out of the grass might be the DexNavi? Seems likely to be the case.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    You know, I wonder if that scene from the big Japanese trailer which shows Brendan sneaking up on a Pikachu whose tail is sticking out of the grass might be the DexNavi? Seems likely to be the case.
    What else would it be? Its obvious with the way they showcase it in an artwork with a zigzagoon tail popping out of the grass. So irked that the sources aren't the same, and that we can't have much better pictures of the Multinav page. Pokenav was an absolute must for me, very glad that they didn't leave it out. Much like what I expected, everything is neatly in one place, no menu swapping. Cool to see NPC Pokemon scanning, makes Dex entries that much easier. Also, does anyone else think this isn't it? Looks to be a separate booklet for ORAS, if the page numbers are anything to go by.

Anyway, the megas look amazing. Attack Drone Beedrill and Super Saiyan Pidgeot are god-tier designs, and they're focusing on what needs to be done for viability. The flying mechanic should be interesting, hopefully its a testing ground for the future. Going back to regular fly after it may suck, or it might be a flashy useless feature. Time will tell.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2015
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already knew about mega Latios and Latias because I have them (Action Reply Power Save). I thought GameFreak couldn't make Pokemon more free roam and they HAVE!!! Now there is only two more things I want in OR and AS,character customization and Super Training. Even if they didn't have that I would still buy them. THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME IN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Slightly better than The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D)

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Anyone else figure out where the player is on the right screenshot of the scan?

Spoiler:

It doesn't look like an area/building that was in the originals, although I could be forgetting about specific places.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So Lugia and Ho-oh are also part of the Eon Flute event. But what about the beast trio, lake trio, musketeer trio, and kami trio? Will they also be available, or will they be saved for the Z version?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Anyone else figure out where the player is on the right screenshot of the scan?

Spoiler:

It doesn't look like an area/building that was in the originals, although I could be forgetting about specific places.

That looks like a pokemon center in the compound.

Highly doubt it is the Pokemon League building, or anywhere in Ever Grande.
    Could it be the redesigned Mauville?

Years
  • So Lugia and Ho-oh are also part of the Eon Flute event. But what about the beast trio, lake trio, musketeer trio, and kami trio? Will they also be available, or will they be saved for the Z version?

Serebii said that through the flying on the Latis method all the non-event Legendaries are apparently available for capture. So all the stuff you mentioned will probably show up.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Serebii said that through the flying on the Latis method all the non-event Legendaries are apparently available for capture. So all the stuff you mentioned will probably show up.
    Well all they mentioned is that all will be available this generation, they may add the Eon Mega Lati feature to Z. Btw I have not seen any confirmation that the Johto bird Duo will be in these games...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Btw I have not seen any confirmation that the Johto bird Duo will be in these games...
    They've been confirmed:

Spoiler:

Besides, I think that "all Legendary Pokemon" would include those 2 as well.

And I wanna hear the Gen 6 remixes of the themes for the legendaries, I imagine they'll sound great.

Years
  • They've been confirmed:

Spoiler:

Besides, I think that "all Legendary Pokemon" would include those 2 as well.

And I wanna hear the Gen 6 remixes of the themes for the legendaries, I imagine they'll sound great.
    Awesome, so I was right about those 6 at least. Since the Kanto and Kalos Mascots were in XY then the rest of the other Mascots are hopefully here. Now...I wonder why their third version counterparts are missing though, especially Giratina, and Kyurem. Maybe those will be saved for Z.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • UM why would the Johto, Unova and Sinnoh legendaries be in Hoenn? Unless there's some sort of back story as to why, I really despise the concept. If they've literally just been plonked into Hoenn for the sake of being able to capture them.. @_@

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    UM why would the Johto, Unova and Sinnoh legendaries be in Hoenn? Unless there's some sort of back story as to why, I really despise the concept. If they've literally just been plonked into Hoenn for the sake of being able to capture them.. @_@
    Eh, its Game Freak. They do plenty of things with no rhyme or reason as to why. And they've done this before too. The Lake Trio and Cresselia were all in Black2/White2, with absolutely no reason as to why.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Eh, its Game Freak. They do plenty of things with no rhyme or reason as to why. And they've done this before too. The Lake Trio and Cresselia were all in Black2/White2, with absolutely no reason as to why.

Cresselia had a reason. The Strange House mini-story.

I maintain they did this sky thing because they couldn't cram the legendaries into Hoenn's map and went the lazy route of making them available "in the sky".

I'm actually worried there won't be a Z version, with all those legendaries in ORAS.

Years
  • Cresselia had a reason. The Strange House mini-story.

I maintain they did this sky thing because they couldn't cram the legendaries into Hoenn's map and went the lazy route of making them available "in the sky".

I'm actually worried there won't be a Z version, with all those legendaries in ORAS.

Well Ho-oh and Lugia are known to fly around, especially Ho-oh. Zekrom and Reshiram are said to fly around in the clouds. So those two pairs make some sense. Palkia can bend space so it can be anywhere it wants to be, and Dialga usually isn't far behind xD.

Now, maybe they'll save Suicune (and the rest of the Beast Trio), Giratina, and Kyurem for Z to give it something. Or maybe Z will have all of the event mons :3

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Well Ho-oh and Lugia are known to fly around, especially Ho-oh. Zekrom and Reshiram are said to fly around in the clouds. So those two pairs make some sense. Palkia can bend space so it can be anywhere it wants to be, and Dialga usually isn't far behind xD.

Now, maybe they'll save Suicune (and the rest of the Beast Trio), Giratina, and Kyurem for Z to give it something. Or maybe Z will have all of the event mons :3

It's possible I never get around to catching these Pokémon, since I hate catching roamers and you need Lati@s to reach them. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back