• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
  • Why do people hate Mega Evolution? It turns into gold everything it touches. You may not like the looks of the Megas, but the concept is fine.

That's the problem; unlike other countries, Japan doesn't replace Seiyuus, because they find it dishonorable to an individual character's legacy.

For our good, I guess.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You guys think Mega Swampert will have to run Rain Dance in its moveset to put its new ability into good use? Seeing that it's a bulky Pokémon with only one weakness, it could pull it off, but because of this, Sceptile will always still be the worst of the Hoenn starters.

That's the problem; unlike other countries, Japan doesn't replace Seiyuus, because they find it dishonorable to an individual character's legacy.

Mega Swampert could benefit a lot in doubles if paired up with a Damp Rock holding Drizzletoad.

Like wise Mega Sceptile benefits Water and Flying types, especially Water/Flying types.

Didn't they replace the Sailor moon Seiyuu for the remake/reboot? Also their Vomic seiyuu aren't always the same as their anime characters seiyuu...

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • Why do people hate Mega Evolution? It turns into gold everything it touches. You may not like the looks of the Megas, but the concept is fine.
    I'm just the kind of person that likes things to stay the same, especially if I have fond memories of it. Mega Evolution also ruins competitive play for me (I haven't touched my copy of X for months).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Mega Swampert could benefit a lot in doubles if paired up with a Damp Rock holding Drizzletoad.

Not unless they're facing a Cradily.

Like wise Mega Sceptile benefits Water and Flying types, especially Water/Flying types.

If you meant going one-on-one, the only Water/Flying type whose much more of a prominent threat to Mega Sceptile is Gyarados, due to learning Ice Fang. The others have poor offensive stats to lay a large dent on Mega Sceptile.

Didn't they replace the Sailor moon Seiyuu for the remake/reboot? Also their Vomic seiyuu aren't always the same as their anime characters seiyuu...
    They didn't put Tien in a DBZ special from years ago in honor of his Seiyuu's death, which was where I got the idea that Japan never finds replacements.

Last edited:

Years
  • Not unless they're facing a Cradily.

If you meant going one-on-one, the only Water/Flying type whose much more of a prominent threat to Mega Sceptile is Gyarados, due to learning Ice Fang. The others have poor offensive stats to lay a large dent on Mega Sceptile.

They didn't put Tien in a DBZ special from years ago in honor of his Seiyuu's death, which was where I got the idea that Japan never finds replacements.

Lol, no I meant in doubles. Like say you got Normal Gyarados paired alongside MegaSwampert. Now say you're facing off against Jolteon who uses Thunder, but then you Mega Evolve Sceptile then Sceptile will absorb the attack, gain some special attack and having saved Gyarados from being Ko'd.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Has anyone paid attention to the game images in the leaked magazine?

If you look closely, you can see that Primal Groudon and Kyogre are fought at Lv100 as well. Holy hell that is... wow.

Years
  • Huh? Steven's Charizard is also Lv. 100... maybe they don't mean anything. Ah but that throws a nail into my theory that Steven's Charizard is just for demostrating Mega evolution to the player...

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Has anyone paid attention to the game images in the leaked magazine?

If you look closely, you can see that Primal Groudon and Kyogre are fought at Lv100 as well. Holy hell that is... wow.

I don't think that's the case IMO. Didn't the show xerneas a nd yveltal off in battle by showing them in the field?
    Like I know it shows them in the volcano and ocean, but if you look above and below the health bars, it kinda looks like a trainer battle, where each person has three Pokemon.

Additionally, in the kyogre battle scene, in the bottom left, next to the Pokemon name, it looks like the mega evolution symbol. Wether the symbol belongs to kyogre, or whatever Pokemon it's facing I don't know, but if it belongs to kyogre, it might settle the whole "is the ancient devolution classed as mega evolution" debacle, as it has the logo next to its name, classing it as mega evolution.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • I like the new Team Aqua designs, they're really pushing the pirate theme, but Archie and the admins are pretty cool. Magma is just eh - Tabitha just looks like Xerosic now and Maxie's glasses look stupid. I don't even remember Courtney from the originals, so eh, not really fussed about her.

The mega-evos are fine. I kinda wish they didn't include the mega-evolutions, but if we have to have them, at least the 3 starter ones look interesting. I really hope Steven doesn't actually have a generic Charizard, he should really have a Mega-Aggron or something instead.

Primal Groudon and Kyogre look interesting, I assume there's gonna be a Primal Rayquaza then, too?

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Judging from the leaks, I'm glad that Sceptile and Swampert are not left out in terms of getting Mega Evolutions. I'm still curious on how Ancient Devolutions works though. And Mega Diancie looks like a Princess, I like its design.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Courtney and Shelley looks so badass imo <3

Maxie looks like a smart evil scientist while Archie looks like a smug pir8 :)

Tabitha became a big fatso while Matt is a reeeeeeeeeeeaaally big tank D:

Nevertheless Team Aqua and Magma are sooooo badass :) Mega Diancie is soooooooooooo fabulous ;~;

I'm kinda disappointed by the Hoenn Mega's especially Mega Swampert but what the hey, Mega Sceptile is so badass with his Grass/Dragon typing :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The more I see the picture with Steven, the less I think he will actually even get a Mega Charizard. The caption to that picture is essentially, "He also wants to chase after the mystery of Mega Evolution." Like, it doesn't make reference to his Lv.100 Mega Charizard at all. It honestly just feels like that picture is there to give an example of Mega Evolution...for the sake of the article. And also to see if anyone was paying close enough attention to the HUD slightly changing from XY's, but mostly just for the article. Maybe he'll have a Mega Charizard in some sort of playable demo, but to me it's looking less and less likely that he'll have one in-game (thankfully!).

Years
  • Thinking about the whole primal thing.. Doesn't that reminds anyone of Primal Dialga in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky ? What if Primal Groudon and Kyogre had been corrupted in part through a similar process ?

As for redesigns, not awfully concerned with them, May looks meh but I usually pick Brendan anyway. Magma looks not too bad, don't mind the chubby admin, and Aqua looks pretty boss, Archie could be better but will just be enjoying pulverizing him in Sapphire :D Can't wait for E3 to see more, or at least this stuff in action at the very least

Well, its not that he's chubby the issue. Its that they've retconned Tabitha. :/

I like the new Team Aqua designs, they're really pushing the pirate theme, but Archie and the admins are pretty cool. Magma is just eh - Tabitha just looks like Xerosic now and Maxie's glasses look stupid. I don't even remember Courtney from the originals, so eh, not really fussed about her.

Actually, Tabitha now could also be a Hiker re-skinned with red clothes :P

The best part about Courtney is pretty much in the Pokemon Adventure comics for ruby/sapphire honestly ! In the game she didn't do much, besides losing to you..
    In some editions of the comics she's called Marge instead, but everywhere else her name is Courtney.

Courtney and Shelley looks so badass imo <3

Maxie looks like a smart evil scientist while Archie looks like a smug pir8 :)

Tabitha became a big fatso while Matt is a reeeeeeeeeeeaaally big tank D:

I completely agree on Courtney!

Maxie looks kinda like a hipster, and Archie looks like Jack Sparrow in tights :P
    But I'll admit their looks kinda make sure we can't mistake them for anything else than what they are..

Matt actually looks like the bodybuilders in pokemon XD now! XD

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • I'm wondering if you get to battle Team Aqua if you choose Omega Ruby. The new Team Aqua designs looks so sick.

Years
  • I'm wondering if you get to battle Team Aqua if you choose Omega Ruby. The new Team Aqua designs looks so sick.

No they'll be going the same route as with the original Ruby and Sapphire where you battle the team that matches the "color" of your game while the other acts as the friendly one. In this case the main villains will be Team Magma in OmegaRuby and Team Aqua in AlphaSapphire.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Courtney, Matt & Shelley have had the best redesigns IMO, idk they just look way more powerful than they did in the original games.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Mega septile can now check Rotom-W thanks to lightning rod meaning competitively rotom's will be having hp ice from now on.

Also it looks like Swampert can now lift for realz and looks badass in its mega form. Swift swim is a great ability and will be a good pokemon to use in a rain team.
    I was honestly hoping for a retro look to the game...kinda sad that it seems they've just copied the X and Y look... Makes me less excited for the game. Also I still hate Mega Evolution...

Remember this game is a remake.Not some sort of re-release of the old games :V

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back