• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals Rockruff's evolutions & new Ultra Beasts for Sun and Moon!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Spoiler:

If you look at the image of Lusamine and flip it, you can practically see the same posture from UB-02 Beauty and herself. The fact that Lillie resembles UB-01 would support the whole Ultra Beasts mimicking humans situation. At least for some of the characters we've seen so far.

The posture is there, yeah, but nothing else looks like her. The hair is completely wrong and I'd argue that's the most defining characteristic Lusamine has.

You also run into the question: Lusamine will almost certainly be an important character, in which case, why is only one form of UB-02 based on her--and a version-exclusive form, at that? Similarly, who would the other form of UB-02 be based on? No one we've seen looks even remotely close. If one form of UB-02 is based on an important character, it would stand to reason that the other form is, too.

Years
  • When I first saw Rockruff I thought of it as a pretty boring Pokémon, but it evolves in a FREAKING WEREWOLF at night! :DDDD

Yep, that's going to be Moon for me. :D

I don't think the forms will be version-exclusive, just time-of-day so they can be obtained in either version. But I would imagine the night form would be easier for Moon players to get since the time will be reversed.

Years
  • Oh man, I absolutely love Rockruff's evolutions! So nicely designed. Definitely going to be added to my team!

I'm also not a fan of Ultra Beasts at all. Poorly designed and the idea seems stupid to me. But we'll see how important they are.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The posture is there, yeah, but nothing else looks like her. The hair is completely wrong and I'd argue that's the most defining characteristic Lusamine has.

You also run into the question: Lusamine will almost certainly be an important character, in which case, why is only one form of UB-02 based on her--and a version-exclusive form, at that? Similarly, who would the other form of UB-02 be based on? No one we've seen looks even remotely close. If one form of UB-02 is based on an important character, it would stand to reason that the other form is, too.

Well I mean if UB-01 is a shapeshifter or whatever, then who's to say that doesn't apply to all of these Ultra Beasts? To have the freedom to take any shape or resemble any human could be easy for these beasts, that would explain why they need to take the shape of certain characters. Obviously, there's more to it than that, there must be a purpose for them to be able to freely change their shape. Idk, it's really hard to say right now as to the purpose but I definitely think there's a connection between these Ultra Beasts and the characters. They don't have to be exact carbon copies, but even right away I thought UB-02 resembled Lusamine.. just like how the first UB resembles Lillie.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I'm gonna chime in and say that UB 02 Expansion is probably based off of Gladion. They have the same color scheme and that seems to resonate with the theories about Beauty and UB 01 relating to Lusamine and Lillie, respectively.

Expansion also looks like the roaches in Terra Formars:

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Well I mean if UB-01 is a shapeshifter or whatever, then who's to say that doesn't apply to all of these Ultra Beasts? To have the freedom to take any shape or resemble any human could be easy for these beasts, that would explain why they need to take the shape of certain characters. Obviously, there's more to it than that, there must be a purpose for them to be able to freely change their shape. Idk, it's really hard to say right now as to the purpose but I definitely think there's a connection between these Ultra Beasts and the characters. They don't have to be exact carbon copies, but even right away I thought UB-02 resembled Lusamine.. just like how the first UB resembles Lillie.

They very well may all have the ability to change form, but because that was mentioned specifically about UB-01 and not about UB's in general, it's also as likely that it's a power available only to UB-01.

Also, if they all can change shape at will, why is UB-02 BEAUTY exclusive to one version and UB-02 EXPANSION exclusive to another? Wouldn't it be more logical that it can switch at will? So I think there's definitely some important aspect to UB-02's forms and them being version-exclusive. And unless Lusamine is only important in the version that has UB-02 BEAUTY, I can't see why they'd have a UB connected to her appear in only one version.

Years
  • UB-02 Beauty really creeps me out. Maybe it's pushing past the border of 'humanoid' I consider acceptable for Pokémon or maybe it's the creepy ultra thin arms/legs. Glad I'm getting Sun, eugh.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I was expecting more from Rockruff evolution.
    His evolution seem like a copy from Eevee's GSC evolution.
    I guess , We still have to wait to learn Rockruff secret with other starter.

The main question--
    Are Ultra Beast Pokemon ? What Classify a creature as Pokemon ?
    Also , I still do not think Lille as UB -01.
    Because the entry state that UB-01 can not maintain similar form for too long.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • I already commented on the previous post that I'm not being convinced on Lusamine being UB-02 Beauty, and Gladion being UB-02 Expansion, because they're version exclusives, and technically Lusamine is on the good side (Aether Foundation) while Gladion is on the bad side (Team Skull). If anything, Lusamine is UB-02 Beauty this means the plot twist of the story (Aether Foundation is bad), and this will only happen in Pokemon Moon? How will the people that plays Pokemon Sun feels? They'll won't have plot twist as Gladion being UB-02 Expansion because he is already on the bad side anyway.

Version exclusives cancelled out the possibility of Lusamine or Gladion being UB-02, because it feels like Pokemon Sun players will be upset a lot more.

p/s: unless Lusamine can switch between Beauty and Expansion but this seems way too farfetch'd for Pokemon Company, I mean they already went so much on Sun/Moon

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Unless UB-02 Expansion relates to an un-announced character that conflicts with Lusamine? Admitibally it is all confusing at this point, but I think we'll have a better understand if we discover more Ultra Beasts.

Years
  • I guess UB-02's forms being version exclusive might debunk the Lusamine and Gladion are UB-02 theory, but you do have to admit they still share physical traits with them.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The Ultra Beasts are terrifying. I like it. These two games are going to be packed with so many features. Everything someone listed as a negative above is just another reason why I am looking forward to these games. Feels like another Black/White, which were some great games.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I really like the idea behind Ultra Beasts, it's a concept that we've never really seen before in Pokemon. That does appear to be the case for a lot of aspects of Sun & Moon, and that's definitely a good thing imo! I really can't remember the last time I was this hyped for Pokemon games.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • In before "Chinese leaks confirmed!" I was even joking to a friend about making a leak to put on 4Chan, just to see how gullible people were. I was brainstorming ideas and even I came up with night and day forms for starters and Rockruff.

All good to me. I would guess that the UB-02 not found in your version is considered non-canon. Think multiverse, especially since you presumably can't catch ultra beasts.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Nice! I like the day form for rockruff a lot, but the night is pretty nice as well. Definitely using day form.

The UBs are also interesting. We know have one that looks like Lusamine, how will these tie into the story...

The anime is intriguing, not sure what I think about it yet though.

and type null being the focus next month and not starter evos is surprising. I wonder what it's true strength is.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • UB-02 Beauty really creeps me out. Maybe it's pushing past the border of 'humanoid' I consider acceptable for Pokémon or maybe it's the creepy ultra thin arms/legs. Glad I'm getting Sun, eugh.
    It's not a Pokemon though. That's like saying Gladion is too humanoid for Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Maybe the Ultra beasts are mimiking human forms. UB1 also isn't identical to Lillie either.

This feels extremely nitpicky to me. The tendrils of UB-01 make up Lillie's hair, even going so far as to include her bangs, and the longer tendrils are nearly identical to her legs. Even Lillie's hat is present in UB-01's design; the only thing missing is her bag. Maybe there is some sort of connection between UB-02 BEAUTY and Lusamine but the similarities are not nearly as explicit as those between UB-01 and Lillie, and I still stand by the idea that it doesn't make sense for UB-02 to have version-exclusive forms if only one is based on Lusamine.

raxic_ex also brought up something I agree with: if Aether Corp. turns out to be the true villains, it should occur in both versions. It would be... unfair is the only word I can think of, if only one portion of players experienced the "plot twist" of these games, because everyone is going in knowing Team Skull are the bad guys. But Aether Corp.'s true motivations are still up in the air. Having Aether Corp. turn out to be the bad guys in only one version is just... It's just really unfair to the players who pick the version where they aren't the bad guys.

Also slightly related, I really don't see the similarities between UB-02 EXPANSION and Gladion. At all. If UB-02 EXPANSION is based on anyone, it must be someone we haven't seen yet... unless Gladion can transform into a super-ripped version of himself, but that would just be ???

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • im so lost on the UBs, but rockruff looks badass

My thoughts basically. I like the day Rockruff forme better. Still kinda lost on whether they're formes or evolutions, but whatever. I assume they still are Rock/Normal type?

also I just woke up so excuse me if this is already somewhere else haha

Back