• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I donated sometime in early 2012 iirc, or late 2011, because I wanted that blue supporter name heheh. To this day it's my favorite supporter color of the ones I've seen.. blue just looks so nice with almost anything. Crystal tier does look nice as well!

Years
  • blue just looks so nice with almost anything. Crystal tier does look nice as well!

I know where you're going here, because my prominent Oshawott avatars never matched the green username. Of the old supporter blue and the current crystal blue, I think the crystal blue suits me much better because it's at least distinctive from the mod blue.

Years
  • For that matter, i'm sure there have been a handful of people who have seen a blue name and at least once nearly thought the person was a moderator and not just a supporter. Anyone have that happen to them? xP

Years
  • For that matter, i'm sure there have been a handful of people who have seen a blue name and at least once nearly thought the person was a moderator and not just a supporter. Anyone have that happen to them? xP

Yes, it happened to me a lot. Most of those were people new to the forums, and I guess the way I was posting sorta gave off a staff impression or something. Even after the color changes, some newcomers still think I'm a mod at times, which does sorta make me crack up.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    For that matter, i'm sure there have been a handful of people who have seen a blue name and at least once nearly thought the person was a moderator and not just a supporter. Anyone have that happen to them? xP
    Yes. When I first joined, there were so many colors dancing around to me that I had no idea who was what and where was who. I don't really feel like a supporter myself anyway, so I still can't really get it out of my head that the differently colored name is staff. Doesn't help that they get more perks than any other forum I've been to.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Well, I first joined back in 2008. Unfortunately around 2011 I went offline due to various reasons. I remember scrolling through the forum a couple of times anonymously, but as the time went on, I stumbled across various new issues and problems, that required my full attention. I do remember a lot of different colours. I remember the tier system not being Silver-Gold-Crystal but tiers 1-5. I presume they still exist in the background but there used to be the huge list of supporters of various tiers XD Now I'm back, I thought I'd make a new account for a fresh start, but I still feel like PC deserves my support, even after only being back just under a week. I wish I'd stuck around more though.

I do find the Crystal blue names confusing at times. I know I've seen Pendraflare around and thought; 'They're a mod' and then not seen the Moderator banner XD

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Well, when you've been around as long as I have... you tend to get used to the colors after a while. But omg... I have so many accounts here. I'm so glad I stuck with this one. I decided to rejoin... can't remember when for a fresh start. Then, one of the staff was nice enough to change my join date to my original one because they said they could (however, I wouldn't bug them to do this just because they can though).

So yeah. I've had a rough past here on PC, but in a way... it's always been my home, despite the hardships here. This was the first forum I've ever been on that has ever been a huge part of me and in my heart. <3

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I had an account made here when I was 11 that was promptly left to die, but it was made in courtesy with my registration on BMGf at the same time. I came back in 2011 under my normal handle and sometime in 2014 had Geoff do a lookup on my first evar e-mail to find a dormant account, lugia1998, sitting there with a join date. And I took it, because how can I leave strings hanging everywhere, especially around my home site, right?

I didn't really come here to do anything until 2012, and exhibited a lot of really bizarre things for about a year, year and a half. Towards the end of 2013 is when I finally started feeling at home here, and after that in February I ran into Geoff and also Khilia and haven't looked back hardly. The friend of my life has helped me in my personal struggles day in and day out and the other was once the love of my life.

I cannot deny PC, can I? I can't, that's right. It's impacted me.

Years
  • I know there are a handful of people that have multiple accounts, i'd assume the extra account is for browsing when they don't want to have their main account seen as online. (Maybe I should do that...)

And I kinda stumbled across this site back in 2013, and I didn't know how much I was going to enjoy my time here but it worked out pretty darn well.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I cannot deny PC, can I? I can't, that's right. It's impacted me.

That's exactly how it is for me. It's impacted my life so much that I couldn't leave it. I did leave for a while thinking, "I'm not ever coming back"... yet here I am today! Most of my old friends here have left or moved on. So, I've met tons of new ones in their places. I kind of wish I stayed in contact with the old friends, but shit happened... and well yeah. I used to be annoying and a real pain in the ass for the old staffers. XD

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Truthfully I wouldn't be the person who I am today if wasn't for PC. The people I've met and talked with, the things I've done here and learnt. I left PC at the end of 2012 to focus on school and since all the other forums I was on died, I didn't think I'd come back. Low and behold, one boring day at the start of summer vacation at the end of last year I ended up back here and realized how much I missed being on PC.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It's amazing how PC has changed so much these past years. Back when I joined, the Johto Elite was the default style, we had tiers 1-5 with blue names, and we even had Member FanClubs. I'm going to be five years this year...I got modded twice and I have almost 14k posts. holy freaking shit where did my life go. ;;

Skip Class

Years
  • I remember Member Fanclubs haha
    I'm pretty sure when I joined Forever Standing was the default style and I joined because PokeSpec was on it xD
    I remember back then I'd spend all my time in the Pokemon Clubs section and general section, sometimes on the non Pokemon clubs section and eventually in the graphics and photography section. Ah good times :pp

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • Apparently, it went to PC. :'D

But yeah. I wouldn't be the person I was today without PC either. It's taught me a lot of things over the years. <3 I remember the fanclubs so well because I had one once... omfg the memories. XD

Years
  • I have to admit that if I didn't join PC I would not have been the same person today. I'm someone who's so scared of the outside world due to the anti-social issues I developed after being a heavy target for bullies but PC feels like the circle of friends I never had, and that's why I feel so comfortable here.

Skip Class

Years
  • I can understand that! I joined PC a bit after I was experiencing hardship in life. I'd moved schools (where bullying was part of the hardship) to a private girls-only school where there was barely anyone who liked Pokemon and video games and everyone seemingly thought that stuff was all "just for kids" . Cause of that I was a bit of a loner irl, but was happy making friends online - especially here.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I think I was struggling with myself too. At the time, I had NO idea how to socialize with others. I had been called fake and such on other places. I found it harder to fit in with everyone, even here. Eventually though, I came around and met some great friends along the way. I think it's because of those friends that I learned to become the better person I am today. :3

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    Samus is a big dumb because she was freaking out the other DCC was closed

Anyway, I find it easier to speak to people on here and Twitter than really anywhere else. I'm surprised of how accepting a huge forum like this is

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I agree. It's really accepting, and a lot of the people I've met are really nice. I think I spend more time here than any other place. The only suckish part is when you've posted in your normal posting areas, and you get super bored. XD

I use twitter, but eh... I only use it to follow PelleK and during my anime convention too. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back