• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cursed with lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • Hiya! I'm Lycanthropy, but you can call me Han if you want, it's not my real name, but I'm referred to as Han pretty often around here anyway. I'm an 18 year old first year Chemistry student, who's obsessed with cheese.

I'm a huge fan of board and card games, I have a nice collection of those and there aren't many lunch breaks in which I don't play card games at the university. My favorites include, but aren't limited to: Munchkin, Bang!, The Settles of Catan, Mafia, Castle Panic, Axis and Allies and the tabletop RPG Dungeons and Dragons. Other hobbies are video games (RPGs, RTSs and Minecraft), reading, roleplaying, drawing and programming.

I have no idea what else to tell, so I'm leaving it to you. Ask away!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • when bae makes an ask me anything thread

On a scale of one to ten, how self-confident are you?

What got you into chemistry?

What's your favorite periodic element?

Tell me a science joke.

Played much Skyrim?

Most embarrassing story involving someone you've had a crush on or were in a relationship with.

Least favorite food.

Respond accordingly to the following phrase: "Bread. That is all."

NOW GO TRUSTY PUP​

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Alright! I get to ask the first batch of questions!

Hi Bardan. A nice bunch of questions you have there.

What's the longest chain of roads you've had in Settlers of Catan?

Only counting actual roads I'm certain that's fifteen, the cap caused by the limited number of road pieces. If ships are included, I think about 25.

How would you go about forming a Grignard Reagent?

I had to look it up, because I wasn't familiar with that term. The principle doesn't seem that hard, but it probably doesn't have a very high yield normally, does it? But you can probably be lazy and buy them too.

What's your preferred method of consuming cheese?

Oral. CHEESECAKE! I mean, it's cheese and cake. What else do you want?

Which Final Fantasy game is your favorite?

All of them had their pros and cons, but a major dislike is when you cannot keep one party throughout the game. FF4 kept killing characters and throwing them in and out of the party. I think I going to pick 2, because it had an interesting system making you able to form your characters like you want and it introduced Osmose, my favorite spell.

What is the greatest advantage and disadvantage to being a lycanthrope?

The major advantage is being able to shapeshift, which isn't really an advantage mostly, but it is pretty cool. Disadvantage is way to often being killed quickly in Mafia (here commonly played with werewolves as mafia), because people aren't able to separate the game from reality.

Does the portrayal of werewolves in Twilight disgust you?

I am told I shouldn't watch it and therefore haven't, but I have read the first few pages of the book when I was bored at my aunt's. I might be going to borrow it in the summer when I've got nothing to read, but I'm going to read the Inheritance Cycle first.

If you could have any pokemon team, which six pokemon would you have?

Aerodactyl, Chandelure, Houndoom, Trevenant, Alakazam, Delphox

Someone goes up to you and says "werewolves suck, vampires are so much cooler." How do you respond?

I wouldn't bother much to argue, because vampires are pretty cool too.

Under what condition can you form a new carbon-carbon bond?

The easiest would be when you manage to get radicals.

Do you think wolves are properly represented in the pokemon franchise?

There's a good amount of canine Pokémon certainly. Mighyena is the main wolf Pokémon out there, but I'm not a real fan of it, I must admit, but Houndour and Houndoom are great!

And lastly, since I think this is so much fun, here are some answers for which you can provide questions.

Agreed!

Werewolves, obviously.

If you had the possibility to form a new playable race in Dungeons and Dragons, what would it be?

I think another ten or so would do it.

It gives me great relief to say this isn't true.

1=16 (A powerpoint slide's layout made it appear to say this yesterday in college actually.)

Duct tape, super glue, and staples.

Something is broken. What are the first things you try fixing it with?

Hydrocyanic acid.

Why shouldn't you lower the pH an an Fe2+/Fe3+ mixture that is stabilized by cyanide?

Jon Snow.

Who is Jon Snow?

when bae makes an ask me anything thread

Er... Hi!

On a scale of one to ten, how self-confident are you?

That differs a lot between situations, but I say a seven on average.

What got you into chemistry?

Chemistry was my favorite subject in high school. It showed the building blocks of our all-day world and molecule structures can explain why certain reactions can be performed. Stuff started to make sense and I was fascinated by that.

What's your favorite periodic element?

Carbon, the basic element of the many organic molecules. It has so many possibilities in forming molecules, all with their own properties, from small ones like methane to large complex proteins.

Tell me a science joke.

So I tried to tell a chemistry joke. No reaction.

Played much Skyrim?

No, I haven't, but it is on my list of games I really should play when I have the time. It's not on the top, so this might take a while.

Most embarrassing story involving someone you've had a crush on or were in a relationship with.

I've thought about this for some time, but I really can't think of anything interesting to tell. I'm sorry.

Least favorite food.

There isn't much I dislike, I pretty much eat anything, but I do dislike plain rice. It's to dry without some meat and vegetables, a sauce or spice.

Respond accordingly to the following phrase: "Bread. That is all."

Spoiler: How about this picture?
    Cursed with lycanthropy

Thanks for the questions, both of you!

Lycanthropy

Years
  • What was your first cheese that led to your obsession?

Gouda, the first cheese I've ever eaten and the one I consume the most.

1, can ya speak latin? if so, any examples?

I've had Latin as subject in high school, but it was focused in reading, not writing or speaking it. I forgot much about it already, but how about this:
    Te saluto! Lupus sum, qui caseum amat.

2, ever watch "being human"?

Nope, it don't think it has been broadcast here.

3, wat got yer intrest in lycanthropy?

It started with the first few games of Mafia I played years ago with a couple of friends, for many of us this were the first games. I was a mafia (werewolf in the scenario) in the first two games I think (maybe three) and immediately got accused of always being a werewolf. This keeps haunting me for years now and I always get killed quickly, which is really annoying. It has spread and became an intern joke in my entire group of friends how I am a werewolf.
    That aside, I loved to throw all kinds of werebeasts in our Dungeons and Dragons game as DM, because they can camouflage themselves both among humans as animals, which can give a nice surprise element. Additionally, werebeasts can inflict random diseases when they bite the player characters, which gives potential funny effects even in later combats when they don't manage to cure themselves.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • Hiya! I'm Lycanthropy, but you can call me Han if you want, it's not my real name, but I'm referred to as Han pretty often around here anyway. I'm an 18 year old first year Chemistry student, who's obsessed with cheese.

I'm a huge fan of board and card games, I have a nice collection of those and there aren't many lunch breaks in which I don't play card games at the university. My favorites include, but aren't limited to: Munchkin, Bang!, The Settles of Catan, Mafia, Castle Panic, Axis and Allies and the tabletop RPG Dungeons and Dragons. Other hobbies are video games (RPGs, RTSs and Minecraft), reading, roleplaying, drawing and programming.

I have no idea what else to tell, so I'm leaving it to you. Ask away!

Would you rather ride a bike, a horse or drive a car?

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Would you rather ride a bike, a horse or drive a car?

Regarding the fact I don't have a driver's license, the latter doesn't sound like the cleverest idea. I prefer the bike over the horse because they don't have their own will and are therefore easier to control. But for serious, I find bikes really practical vehicles.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hey H.A.N!

What do you prefer people calling you with your new username?

Best moment of your life and why?

What periodic element do you think would be the best at being a superhero in the Justice League?

Other than cheese, what's your favourite food?

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Hey H.A.N!

Hi Sophie!

What do you prefer people calling you with your new username?

I've pretty much accepted Han as a name around these parts, either that or Lycan.

Best moment of your life and why?

That would be the trip to London four of my friends and I won two years ago. London is a beautiful city and everything is better when you do it with friends. The fact the trip was won meant we didn't have to pay for anything, so that gives one thing less to take care of.

What periodic element do you think would be the best at being a superhero in the Justice League?

Helium. As a noble gas it's nonreactive, inflammable and has a low boiling point, which makes it hard for enemies to counter. Radon for example has the problem it has a short life due to radioactive decay.

Other than cheese, what's your favourite food?

Lasagna, favorably with spinach and minced meat. <3

Thanks for the questions. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What is your favourite thing to wear during the summer??

Have you ever eaten a 'taboo' food????

Are you single and/or looking for love????????

What is the most disappointing thing that has ever happened to you????????????????

Do you have hay fever????????????????????????????????

What do you spend your non-PC spare time doing????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Organic or inorganic (NO YOU CAN'T CHOOSE PHYSICAL)????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Ozzy! You're still alive! :D

What is your favourite thing to wear during the summer??

A T-shirt, shorts and sandals, exactly what I'm wearing right now (coincidentally even my favorite T-shirt and shorts), but without the sandals because I'm inside.

Have you ever eaten a 'taboo' food????

You mean because of cultural reasons? Nothing that prohibits me from eating it, but yes to food that's taboo in other places, like cow.

EDIT: Oh, like brains or heart or something. I've never eaten those and I don't see why I should do that.

Are you single and/or looking for love????????

Long story short: I'm single for six weeks now after a relationship of 1.5 years. The way it ended gave me serious trust issues about them, so I don't think I'll be looking for love for a good amount of time. (I wasn't really looking for that one either, I just found it somehow.)

What is the most disappointing thing that has ever happened to you????????????????

When I applied for a scholarship, passed the first round, got an interview and ended on the second place. The number of scholarships was unclear at that point and there was a decent chance for me to get one, but I didn't.

Do you have hay fever????????????????????????????????

Nope.

What do you spend your non-PC spare time doing????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So many things, like: reading, drawing, puzzling, meditation, gaming, playing board games, brainstorming about random things and maybe something else I forgot to mention.

Organic or inorganic (NO YOU CAN'T CHOOSE PHYSICAL)?

The evilness of this question is unbearable. Organic, I guess. Substitution reactions are cool.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TOO MANY QUESTION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Hey Lycan! Well, since this is the first post in 5 months, I might as well drop a question bomb on you. ;)

Where did you first hear about the Pokecommunity?

What kind of music do you like to listen to (if you do of course)?

When did you first become the "Sandshrew Lord?"

What is your preferred drink?

If you use Minecraft mods, which one is your favorite? Least favorite?

What is the worst thing you've ever eaten?

What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

What is the most hilarious thing you've ever experienced in Pokemon?

Where do you keep your stash of poisoned ice cream?

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Hey Lycan! Well, since this is the first post in 5 months, I might as well drop a question bomb on you. ;)

Wow, questions. That was unexpected. Hi!

Where did you first hear about the Pokecommunity?

That must've been just over two years ago, when my friend showed me a ROM hack. Since it has always been a dream of mine to create my own Pokémon game, I googled a bit now that I heard about the possibilities. PC was one of the first sites to show up.

What kind of music do you like to listen to (if you do of course)?

I can listen to many types of music. Lately, it's mostly Celtic music and dungeon synth.

When did you first become the "Sandshrew Lord?"

At first I tried to have Houndoom as my mascot Pokémon (since it matches my username), but thanks to PokéTrivia inside jokes people there saw me as a Sandshrew, so I just went with it and added the "Sandshrew Lord" title since I thought it would look fancy.

What is your preferred drink?

I mostly drink water. (Boring, I know.)

If you use Minecraft mods, which one is your favorite? Least favorite?

I'm not a real fan of mods, as most of them are either game-breaking or just plain weird. I prefer the good ol' vanilla.

What is the worst thing you've ever eaten?

I don't know anything in specific, but chicory is one of the few things I don't really like.

What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

Does beef salad with fries on bread sound weird enough? :D

What is the most hilarious thing you've ever experienced in Pokemon?

When me and my Steelix did a tag battle in Hoenn's Battle Frontier with a guy and a Cleffa, this Cleffa was surprisingly useful. Sweet Kiss made the opponents hurt all the time and it used Skill Swap (through Metronome I believe) to obtain Levitate, so that I could kill everything with Eartquake. :D

Where do you keep your stash of poisoned ice cream?

I'm sorry, but that's classified information. (And it's definitely not the giant fridge labelled "Ice cream stash".)

Thank you for your questions! :)

Lycanthropy, what is your favorite #TeamTrivia game? :D

Can I only pick one? What a mean question is this. Hmm... I think it's the Everlasting Pokémon Journey then.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Can I only pick one? What a mean question is this. Hmm... I think it's the Everlasting Pokémon Journey then.

Okay, okay. I got you. What are your top 10 #TeamTrivia games?

Dun dun dunnn!

How do you play Pokémon Choice Quest?

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Okay, okay. I got you. What are your top 10 #TeamTrivia games?

Dun dun dunnn!

Ah, now we're talking! :P
    In a random order:
    - The Everlasting Pokémon Journey
    - The Great Pokémon Battle
    - Raichu used Thunder! (Or "Pidgey used Wing Attack" as it's called these days.)
    - ______ used Metronome!
    - The PokéName Game
    - 1000 ways to get kicked out of a Pokémon Center
    - Corrupt a wish
    - Oh officer, I can explain!
    - Problem solving, Pokémon style
    - Choice Quest

How do you play Pokémon Choice Quest?

Well, there's a new piece of story (latest chapter being here) every now and then, ending with a poll, of which you can vote one option on how you like the story to proceed. The option with the most votes wins and I write the next chapter according to the chosen actions, which ends with another poll again, and so on.

So, how did the poisoned ice cream thing start?

With the first few posts of this thread. :)

Thanks for the questions again, to the both of you. :D

Back