• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I think you're a teenager who hates reading textbooks because it's "cool" to not like reading textbooks, Erik.

Textbooks do have lots of unnecessary fluff, and this is coming from someone who actually enjoys reading them from time to time. Doesn't make them any less worth your time, though. Also, anime, manga, novels, shows, and movies that are alternate reality timelines and such are far more interesting to me if I know more about the culture and history of the area its an alternate reality/timeline/etc of. There tends to be a lot of subtle nods to what actually happened in such tales.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    And those booklets and documentation that come with tax forms? An excellent decision to read those so you don't end up getting audited by the IRS or getting yourself charged with tax fraud :P

Years
    Kura, I don't rely on anything. Especially not manga.

Which is why I always look up what I'm reading.

Don, I read textbooks. For fun. Not history though, that's a death trap. Psychology and pharmacy, cause I once got bad medicine and threw up bile.

And Luck.

Say hello to my true self. I hate staying on one subject.

Cause I can't focus on one thing. Even writing this write now, I have a thousand other things to say.

But you guys pissed me off, so I vented in that post. Anyway, sorry if I made no sense.

Trying to say that anime and manga are equal to textbooks, and better because they draw out more of an audience.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    *Draws a comic about Stephen Hawkings solving the code of the universe by playing tetris*
    YES!

Yeah, it does depend on what kind of games. Puzzle games, Shooters, and RTS are probably the best though. (Other than the violence, but who doesn't see that on tv anyway?)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yes. They do make you smarter.

For example, Halo allows to understand one thing, and one thing only:

ALIENS R BAD SHOOT DEM DED
    Life lessons sometimes seem oddly specific when they come from video games, don't they? ;p

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Anybody who thinks that Axis Powers Hetalia is a viable substitute for a proper textbook on European history is a moron. At best, it's only a supplement, and even then it's still of dubious worth due to the Japanese tendency to whitewash and leave out significant details.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Anybody who thinks that Axis Powers Hetalia is a viable substitute for a proper textbook on European history is a moron. At best, it's only a supplement, and even then it's still of dubious worth due to the Japanese tendency to whitewash and leave out significant details.

>_>;;; Why have I been agreeing with you lately? What have you done to Jack?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back