• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
  • Good job mate! Sometimes making a big step in one part of life is enough to make others. Working 8 hours/day 5/days per week got me to lose 15 kilos, having a paycheck made a girlfriend feasible, and I'm thankfully on the verge of getting power for the house me and my parents live in. Oh, and I now owe nothing to the government! Hooray for jobs!

Thank you :)

You're right, before I even had the cleaning job I was a mess; heavy drinking and other things. Then I started working, and playing Pokemon (really, it helped), and I suddenly just stopped all the weekday drinking, completely quit the other things, and now I only drink on Saturdays and Sundays (having a nice cold beer right now actually, feels good). I'm keen to not owe the government any money, too! When I get back from Canberra in 2 weeks I'll have $2400, be able to pay my $500 in State Debt Recovery fines and my $1000 Vodafone bill, and I'll be completely debt free. I'm with Optus now, anyway, and my Vodafone contract has expired so I won't be getting billed from them anymore.

Life's looking up.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    My mum never calls me. She lives on the upstairs floor of my house so there's no need really, if she wants to say high she can just walk downstairs and find me, I'm generally always somewhere in my house.

In other news, I NO LONGER HAVE TO CLEAN FACTORIES FOR A LIVING! I start work as a Metal Roof Layer on Tuesday! My brother-in-law called me whilst I was on my way to work last night and offered me the job, so when I got into work I basically finished my required duties and told them that I wouldn't be coming in anymore. It felt gooooood.

Leaving for Canberra next Tuesday (which gives me aaaallll weekend to play Smash Bro's) and I get back in 2 weeks, I'm oh so much more than excited.

Congratulations my man! I have no doubt that felt great. I have not cleaned factories but I get what it's like doing a menial task day after day, the hatred groooows.

I'm in a similar situation which actually coincides with the other ITT, I have taken the opportunity since I live at home to bring my full time coffee shop job down to only part time, and spend the rest of my days looking for work in my field of study. Hopefully I find something good, soon! But just the fact that I won't be coming home exhausted from standing all day, making specialty coffees for people who only pretend to be appreciative is a victory in itself. It felt great asking my boss for specific days to work. Sure hope the job search goes smoothly, though. New chapter coming up.

also, the thread title omg lol "Daddy, a ruler's used for measuring..."

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I still live with my mom; even so, conversations are bare minimum. She wants to talk but I don't.

I hate to be that person, but it happened to me so I feel like I'm allowed.

Why don't you want to talk to your mom? One day your mom isn't going to be there to talk to you.

Years
  • I live with my mother.
    Yes, laugh, a 24 year old lives their mum.

I work though so I contribute lols.

Years
  • I haven't spoke to my mother in years. I left the house after a ridiculous tirade my sophomore year in high school. It was a severe breaking point for me because of everything she put our house through over the years.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    Are we talking about mums? I love mine. She's cray and was too strict when I grew up, but she's my homie nowadays. When I think back, I respect how she raised me, even though I think she could have been more lenient on some stuff. I guess she respects me as a friend these days, sort of :3 It's definitely got to do with the fact that I haven't lived at home for years, haha. We used to fight every day.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • My mother is the best, but like any mother, moments come up with her where I just go "why am I related to you..."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My mother is the best, but like any mother, moments come up with her where I just go "why am I related to you..."
    I think that's an universal thing about mothers.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Logged in this morning to find that my name change had been successful! No more "of Pallet Town" haunting my every post... Feels pretty darn good if I do say so myself! ^.^

Years
  • The amount of sacrifices my mom has made to keep this family afloat is god damned amazing

Seriously, dedicating my Nobel Prize to her (if I ever win one)

The only prize I've ever won was for being a Geography bee finalist in 8th grade. Lul

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Logged in this morning to find that my name change had been successful! No more "of Pallet Town" haunting my every post... Feels pretty darn good if I do say so myself! ^.^
    Question: did you realize it by failing to log in with your old name, or did the login work? I don't remember how that works :3 Been online most of the times I changed, for some reason.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • The only prize I've ever won was for being a Geography bee finalist in 8th grade. Lul

If you'd like to win some prizes, go ahead and get involved with my Holiday Gold Tier Giveaway. Two donation prizes and a Pumpkaboo plushie too be won! It's over in the Arts & Design sub-forum, and there's a link in my sig. THIS GOES FOR ALL OF YOU, GO GET INVOLVED! I want to give you all free stuff. <3

Question: did you realize it by failing to log in with your old name, or did the login work? I don't remember how that works :3 Been online most of the times I changed, for some reason.

Luckily enough, I'm set as "Remember Me" on my phone and computer, so when I opened PC this morning I quickly glanced up at my username in the top right and realised it had been changed. Was a very good sight to see, especially for a hungover Sunday! ^.^

How's everybody's weekend been?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha, that explains it :3

I am NOT hungover, whooh! I was out on Thursday but kept myself reasonably level-headed so at 9 o'clock in school the day after, everyone hated me beaming at them like a sunflower because I knew I felt much better than them xD

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • What I wouldn't give to be in your shoes right now! I've been up since 5:30 am (3 hours ago) just watching new episodes of Who's Line Is It Anyway and eating a LOT of cup-a-soup. I have a BBQ to attend in like, two hours, so I need to try and freshen myself up before then.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What I wouldn't give to be in your shoes right now! I've been up since 5:30 am (3 hours ago) just watching new episodes of Who's Line Is It Anyway and eating a LOT of cup-a-soup. I have a BBQ to attend in like, two hours, so I need to try and freshen myself up before then.
    Sounds like nice plans 8) here it is a bit too cold for bbq now...

What's "Who's line is it anyways"?

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • What Infernape said. It's such a hilarious show, to be honest I prefer the new episodes over the old, though right now I'm watching an old rerun.

Oh really? That's a shame about the weather, Adventure. What's is like in Sweden right now?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back