• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily PokéCommunity Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • gah yeah i had my own design website before and tried applying but had little luck even though i've sent applications. they'd tell me they also want me to be good at x y z and have so and so years of experience, assuming i even got the interview. =( most of the time i didn't hear back

medicine is a good field to get into! and engineering or computer science, definitely recommend

I should have gone into medicine too, because I do like helping people.

Years
  • Ah!!!! Bloody hell I'm enraged at my phone - missed a call from a prospective employer because my phone decided to only pick it up a day later (aka a Bank Holiday) and now I won't be able to call for at least another 3 days to speak to the company.

Mega Angery.

Years
  • I feel like too many jobs want x experience but like how are you supposed to get all of this experience if they won't hire you? :(

i read a reddit thread recently about this and some people who have experience with HR/hiring said they usually use a general requirement set for their positions, but if they don't get enough applicants who meet that criteria (or they don't like those who do) they start reaching out to everyone else. others said they just use it as a deterrent to see who would apply anyway orz

it's definitely a painful thing right now. where i live there are a lot of jobs but the pay and hours many give aren't enough to live off of even with roommates. rents have been going up like crazy but salaries haven't changed

& yeah medicine is a good career but also usually extremely thankless and tiresome. you'll work very long hours

Nick Wilde said:
    Ah!!!! Bloody hell I'm enraged at my phone - missed a call from a prospective employer because my phone decided to only pick it up a day later (aka a Bank Holiday) and now I won't be able to call for at least another 3 days to speak to the company.

omg aaaa no ;_; idk why but sometimes i get calls on my phone that i ignore because i don't recognize the number, and the voice mail pops up hours or even a day later. /= have missed some urgent things that way

Years
  • I feel like too many jobs want x experience but like how are you supposed to get all of this experience if they won't hire you? :(

Ah, the ever-present paradox of the Working World. The best way is to just sell as much of yourself as you can, relating everything possible on any tangent to the 'experience required' - if you can sell yourself enough then you will be considered!

Also, going in with the angle of you being a fresh candidate and therefore meaning you will be easier for the employer to mould as they want for that position is good as well! That's how I've managed to place so many people at work :))))

omg aaaa no ;_; idk why but sometimes i get calls on my phone that i ignore because i don't recognize the number, and the voice mail pops up hours or even a day later. /= have missed some urgent things that way

ugh yeah it's pretty pants, just hope that the company understands when I call them Tuesday

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry to hear, Aaron ;; but surely they will understand, they probably don't work during the holidays either. I'll hold my thumbs for you.

I don't really know what it's like to job-hunt o: It sounds like the most stressful thing though.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    hey frienderinos. it was like 85 degrees here in North Carolina, and just a few states north, it was snowing

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    meanwhile in sweden i whipped my sunglasses out since a week ago

Sirfetch’d

It was 85 yesterday and 81 today. Slightly cooler tomorrow though. We are expected to hit 72.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It is like 10 C here today and I'm finally not cold anymore. It's so comfortable <3

(50 Fahrhjhejrn)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back