• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    LOL you guys.. yes that was a typo indeed and as fast as I actually wound up typing that post (without slamming on my keys like what John does :p), I sub-consciously slipped that through :3c

Years
    Yeah I love slamming tiny things really hard that it makes slapping sounds. That all of yall get to hear on skype. Now if we only had video chat...

Years
    Oh gosh, that would be awesome if we were able to have group video chats on Skype :> we could technically if someone payed for group video calling, but I don't know of anyone who does sadly :/

Years
    Eh, Google+ and their hangouts.. I'd rather not mess with those because they tend to drag my computer's CPU up to 100 whenever I get on them and they severely downgrade the quality of one's audio and video compared to Skype as well.

Sirfetch’d

I have never actually done a video Skype call. Is the quality pretty good?

Sirfetch’d

I'd do one with my family or some of my really close friends here, but I am not sure if I would be up for an entire group chat as I get pretty nervous and I don't like the sound of my own voice, haha.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    If you guys can find me on Facebook (which you probably can't), I'll accept if I know you really well haha, but in recent years I have been trying to keep online friends from my Facebook and only focusing on IRL friends.

I tried this too but then I ended up getting so much online friends that, well, I just couldn't keep them separate anymore. I mean, I only added the online friends I was close with. Not random ones I've just met for a day. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never done a Skype video chat, either. I don't think I'd ever do these kind of chats with any of my online friends, to be honest, because I would be extremely shy to see them face-to-face. xD" I would have no problem with video chatting with real-life friends though, since I already know how they look and they know how I look as well. I get to see them in-person ever day, almost.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I've never done a Skype video chat, either. I don't think I'd ever do these kind of chats with any of my online friends, to be honest, because I would be extremely shy to see them face-to-face. xD" I would have no problem with video chatting with real-life friends though, since I already know how they look and they know how I look as well. I get to see them in-person ever day, almost.
    Same there. Too shy for this.

Years
    I'd do one with my family or some of my really close friends here, but I am not sure if I would be up for an entire group chat as I get pretty nervous and I don't like the sound of my own voice, haha.
    Don't worry I don't like the sound of my own voice either.. it's very weird though because my voice can output many different pitches from being deep to high-pitched..

And Skype is really good with video if you have good bandwidth. If you have an HD webcam (like I do) and good bandwidth, you can do HD video calls! 8)

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I love doing Skype calls! Though I don't do video chats unless I know the people very well. I get shy :$

But for group Skype chats that are just voice only, I'll join in. But I usually say the least because I tend to listen to what's going on instead of inputting stuff. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've made a few calls over Skype in the past, but the experience wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I wasn't able to hear the person's voice very clearly, and it kept making some strange noises in the background. Sometimes, it made voices echo as well. Personally, I think it's ten-times better to send out calls with your phone.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've done several Skype voice calls with people. The last time I did one was a while ago though when I was watching an episode of something with few other people. One of my favorite moments of voice chatting with a group of friends would have to be when I was rewatching the episode that we watched earlier, but Went had come and joined us and he actually recorded my reactions to the episode (and the silence which was when I was crying haha). That was a great night. ♥

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    It's actually skype that kicks the CPU levels to the max, which is why I do my calls on my phone rather than on the computer. Plus it helps me maneuver things with less bandwidth. xD

I haven't tried hangouts, actually. I had a friend who encouraged me to do a hangout but tbh I'm still attached to skype lmao.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've given Google Hangouts a try with one of my friends before, and it was pretty... interesting. xD I love the user interface that it offers to us. It's extremely simplistic and very easy to navigate. Hangouts doesn't require you to download or install anything, which is good. It also allows you to take control of your friend's desktop, sort of Team Viewer. Oh, and unlike Skype, all of its features are absolutely free of charge. The only bad thing about Hangouts is that it can limit your computer's speed sometimes, especially if it's old. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back