• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Date me pls

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    How do you go about finding new people to date? How have you met romantic interests in the past?

If you're not a dating person or have never quite found love yet, how do you think you'd try if you'd try?

or perhaps it's when you stop trying, that true love finds you~

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • I've met everyone I've dated online. It's definitely not the best way to meet people (it's actually pretty terrible). But if you don't let the people that you don't click with for whatever reason get you down, once and a while you might find someone who's actually pretty cool.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've always, always, managed to fall in love with friends of friends. It's a good way, because then you have your common friend to talk about them with, and someone to hang out with together to make things less awkward in the beginning when you're trying to catch their attention ;)

Years
  • I've always fallen for people who I'm already friends with, so mostly it was always a blurt it out and hope for the best situation. These days I'm not really looking though, I'm not sure I really want a relationship anymore.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I usually meet people through friends, but I've never dated a friend. But my last two releationships I just kind of saw them around and then said **** it and went up to flirt with them. Now days I just don't have the energy to try though and the pickings are pretty slim anyways.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I'm rarely consciously looking, but since I've been in grade school my whole life it hasn't been difficult for me to find people I'm interested in. one time I got a girl's number at a bible camp I was working at. that was unusual. that was very interesting. but yeah, the girl I like right now is someone who I've gone to school with for the past 7 years, so.

LadyVenus

Team Cipher
    Years
  • I'm on an online dating app, not afraid to admit it. I have yet to actually meet anyone, but I think it's worth a shot. I have to do my schooling from home right now so it's a little difficult to meet people...

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i don't go looking for guys to date, i just kinda go through life and stumble upon guys that seem "dateable". from there things haven't gone too far since it's pretty hard for someone to tell that i like them. when i talk to someone i like i start smiling uncontrollably so i end up avoiding them like the plague, rip me.

nevertheless, i do like someone, a coworker (yikes). i'm pretty sure he likes me back but we're coworkers ya know.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    met my ex on a forum, we became really close then it turns out we were like 30 min away from each other. it was a nice 2 years.
    i just like making friends and sometimes maybe that becomes something more. but i dont think i can deal with anyone new at the moment. too much work.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I usually just find someone in a group setting. Like in a large group of friends, there'd be someone to talk to, and we'd get to talking, and then things led on from there.

There was the time that I went out with someone that I worked with. And I've been talking to someone else that I work with. Which I don't really recommend because then all your coworkers are in your business and things get awkward. Of course, I work in a place where the rumors just fly.

nevertheless, i do like someone, a coworker (yikes). i'm pretty sure he likes me back but we're coworkers ya know.
    I'm in that situation now myself!

Reactions: dad
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I don't really look for people to date. I prefer to just…go with the flow and see what happens. I've met everyone I've dated that way but tbh I think that I'm kinda shitty at relationships so none have really lasted longer than a year or so. I'm actually talking to one of my exes right now but I highly doubt anything will come out of it than a weird friendship.

Years
  • oh I dunno. I've only ever liked a handful of people and for most of those I just ignored it until it went away. Only spoke out for one of them and that didn't last beyond 17 years old (not something I considered true attraction anymore either since we didn't click when we met in person). I'm very picky with people to date and need them to fit into a pretty specific list for me to truly become attracted hahaa.

Nuclearkiller42

A pig in a cage on antibiotics
    Years
  • Never dated. Couldn't care less.
    Okay, I could care less.

It's just really annoying how people put so much pressure on me to date someone.
    It's pretty ironic though how my dad wanted his daughter only to date when she was 18 and me to basically have a huge amount of girlfriends, but my sister had her first boyfriend when she was 15 or so and I'm not even close to getting one.

Lucid

All of mine were met through mutual friends.....

Well. Everyone is shy, but asking someone out in the proper way can do wonders. ****, everyone loves their ego stroked. Dont ask anyone out while their at work. It's somewhat uncomfortable because they're obligated to be polite to you. Casual conversation is a must, if you don't have chemistry with a person and are able to chat and banter with them, it's hard. Get to know someone a bit first hand, share interest. Ease into it, ask to go shopping or go to a book store, it's a way more friendly encounter to scope things out with then dinner or a movie if you're super nervous.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I have never dated. Im too shy to ask someone out. My two closest friends think I have a good chance with the girl I like, but I doubt that. I sit with her almost everyday at lunch because we share the same class right before it, and after, but she told them I am boring.

That is pretty much the closest I have ever gotten to a girl I like. Well, you guys dont really care haha. Any advice other than, "just do it?"

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I've been in a couple relationships. Many of them ended on a bad note. I'm not actively searching but if I came across a girl who piqued my interest, I'd initiate a conversation.

Years
  • I've been in a fair few relationships, but I don't really count the ones that barely lasted a month in high school. After that, every single person I've dated I met online first. I don't think it's the best way to meet someone though =/

It's weird though, how things happen. I'd spent the last year single, with this horrible crush on my best friend. Then suddenly another friend visits for my birthday, and I don't know how, but by the end of the visit we were dating. He's a great person but it'd never occured to me to look at him in a romantic light.

Sometimes romance creeps up on you, I guess.

Last edited:
    Back