• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death Note Mafia [Game Over]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
    Spoiler:

Me? People are starting a bandwagon for me now?

This is just too rich at this point. Do you folks get how these games work at all? Honestly you're starting bandwagons with no based evidence... anything you could even try to pin on me is nothing but conjecture whereas I already have a few points that are absolute fact, points that paint me in a positive light. Honestly... role revealing and random bandwagon accusations the following day... pointing fingers at me when there's absolutely nothing to make it seems like I was recruited by Kira... this is why games get lost you know.

Honestly... me? You choose me to start a bandwagon against. What logic is there to that even? I'm actually really curious to see what at all made you think I was guilty, if you're legitimately innocent and something confused you then I'd be more than willing to clear it up for you?

Funny that, Seth. When I made my first post lynching deceptio, my main thought was that both of you were recruited into the Idealist's hands during this night phase. The fact that you completely ignored that and you're going for me and you're defending Deceptio when it's likely both of you got turned? I'm going to see you're in the wrong here Seth.

You seem to think that what he has done in the past in this event is grounds to keep him safe when it's obvious some of the populace has changed sides. All you're doing with that post is making yourself more of a target to be lynched by the innos.

So if you like, I could change my vote to you? It's one more mafia down regardless. :)

I mean I get where you're coming from Pup, I really do. But wouldn't me and Seth be the incredibly obvious options in this situation? Due to the whole Ace Attorney deal it would be pretty easy to assume that we were converted... but think for a second. Do you really think the GM's would point such an obvious finger to us? Do you really think they'd throw two of their most active players into the line of fire without a care in the World when it would be incredibly easy for a misguided soul such as yourself to make the obvious connection and try to get us offed?

And if you're wrong... which you are... and you try to get us lynched only to discover the truth being the opposite of what you believe... which it is... then you do realize that you're prime target number one for the next lynch?

If you continue with your line of thought then you're feeding the mafia MORE free kills... and if you yourself are idealist... well then this is pretty poor play considering what's already happened and the small conjecture that you're making your claim based on.

Basically, depending on your side... innocent or mafia... either way you're making a mistake here and doing your team a disservice.

Tell you what, as of right now? I don't believe you're an idealist. You could be a Kira converted citizen yeah, but I'm not seeing you as an idealist. So for now, I'm just going to leave this here:

[Kill] Ullion

...until a target with a higher priority comes to light.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Eh, Deceptio (if he is now converted) won't even have a night action soooo is there any point fixating on that one bit of the Night/Day post.

Years
    Can someone please explain to me why exactly we're going for Deceptio? I can't see any reasoning behind it other than "well we have to pick someone". So could someone explain this to me before I lynch him for no reason?

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    "Wait, weren't you two saying how much you supported L and hoping that he would catch Kira soon just the other day?"

"Yeah, well, things change. Kira is doing a lot more good than the police ever have. Have you noticed how much crime has dropped around here? It's amazing!"

Is my basis for saying that Seth and/or Deceptio were converted during this night phase. Since they've been more of the talkative members and was described in the night->day phase change post before this day post.

Now, I could easily be wrong. Hell, I've been fairly talkative as well and in everyone else's perspective I could just as easily be one of the converted people mentioned as well. Of course, I'm not. I'll tell the truth: I am yet to have been converted by either side.

Now with that being said, I am willing to take Deceptio's word on this. For another reason: one of the people I've been keeping an eye on since day 1 made a move to lynch me as soon as someone else had: Twiggy. When I first posted that list of notable lynch votes made over the course of the first 3 days and my personal suspicions - Klippy mentioned he wasn't trusting Twiggy at all. And to be quite frank - I wasn't either. Especially now with how quickly he decided to lynch me right after someone else did (so it didn't look like he was trying to start a bandwagon).

As a reference to the post I'm talking about:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8867194&postcount=297

[ARREST] Twiggy

I regret not completely taking his word earlier. Also, if we're right about Twiggy being a bad guy - he would have been a bad guy from the start I think - meaning he likely has a role. :)

Years
    I'd forgotten to consider the previous phase as well. Considering that as well as the current phase together I'm going to have to go with

[ARREST] Deceptio

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
    Spoiler:

It seems you fools are still suspect of an innocent man... either that or the idealists are doing a wonderful job at redirecting you.

I didn't want to have to jump at conclusions, but saving my own bacon seems to be the most important thing here, not just for me but for the group as a whole in order to protect myself. Will I be forced to reveal my exact identity so soon? Due to the misinterpretations of all of you? Is this really the route you all choose to follow? The vote is not definitively against me, not yet. There's still a chance I can bring you all to your senses before time runs out on this small clock ticking down my seconds.

I suppose I'll have to find a better target out of those that I suspect and those who seem eager to kill me in return. I need to find a way for you to see... so let us cast a new light on a few of our unsuspected killers, shall we?

Johnny Mustang is first and foremost.

If we go for that logic then that doesn't mean he's innocent, if he knew that Absol was Arayoshi then that could mean he's Misa, or L.

That hint in the post makes you two the only options for now, unless you can find a better option you 2 are the most suss by now.

I always suspect of inactive users who just comes in to vote, there are a few, but even those aren't better options than you two.

To be honest Johnny if I'm suss of anyone right now, I'm suss of you. Maybe I'm a little bit harsh to him in my previous post... but I really don't suspect Ulli of being in the wrong just yet. He's been on the side I considered justified for a little bit now and despite this early transgression I don't distrust him just yet.

You didn't believe Klippy when he said he was Near...

I don't believe Klippy, he's not Near, he wouldn't just say it, but i don't think that's enough reason to lynch him. He's just desperate to live haha, and that's ok.

While you didn't immediately incriminate him, you did go against him at his word. You and I are alike in some ways... you said this once... and such a subtle sleight of hand to show opposition without suspicion is something I view as a beneficial tactic, I myself would follow this logic were I actually an idealist. Let's look at the benefit you gain from taking this stance.

If folks believed that Klippy was Near, then they would aim to protect him completely. As they did in the end... meaning that it was rather important that the populace didn't believe him.

But accusing him so openly of lying? Claiming he had a malicious reason? Much too risky. That's the kind of thing that gets you killed the next day phase thanks to a lynch... and we all know that losing an idealist that early into the game is a bad idea.

So what's the alternative? Simple. You give a reason for him lying... or at least try to... one that isn't malicious, one that doesn't paint you immediately as his enemy. Shame it didn't work, people believed Klippy was Near and up until this now he was safe because of that. Still, you couldn't continue to refute the fact after the very night you attempted to kill him... because somehow you and your lot messed up and got Gio slaughtered anyway as a result.

So pursuing Klippy further was too risky! Your point against him and the reasoning for not trusting him entirely was NEVER totally disproven yet another word of opposition escaped from your lips. Instead you followed the trail of "oh he's protected we're good" and decided to blend in like a wolf covered in the wool of the prey he stalks!

Might also be worth mentioning that you were all for voting against Netto... even though we know he was completely innocent.

I guess it's obvious that Klippy is Near then, now, Soichiro has to protect him everynight? Or maybe he should do it once in a while? I hope this will confuse and distract the mafia, we're doing great so far but they might already have one or two possible targets, Soichiro's actions will become essential from now on, so whoever you are Soichiro keep up the good job!

I'll have to agree, netto it's the better suspect so far, so [Arrest] Netto Azure

However despite this, you gave absolutely no vote against Gio, in fact you held your tongue on the matter until the proceedings came to a close. Maybe circumstantial... but the fact remains you refused to vote for a confirmed idealist and were ready to arrest and innocent member of the populace the very next day. While you describe some things very well... I don't believe you ever gave any reason for lynching Netto other than the fact that you "agreed" whole heartedly with all the points made up to that point. All of which were false I might add.

About them, but something ocurred to me. Was the fail kills really a fail? Couldn't be that the idealists strategy it's to kill the less possible? After all, if they kill L, Mello and near we're ****ed, besides, they've been choosing their targets way too perfect. The idealists should be really good or experienced players, something's smells really bad with the way they've been playing.

If we were to assume you were idealist, by the by, then this post is also painted in a different light. This would be a very effective way of diverting the peoples attention away from the mafia's actual tactics... you say the mafia have to be incredibly intelligent and playing a long and smart game...

Or, and I counter-point,

They're a bunch of bumbling bozos and they needed to try and subtly cover their tracks to pull things back from a horrible mistake and failure of a first lynch for them. So Johnny makes the perfect idealist play, by acting with our best interests at heart... all the while throwing us off the trail.

But he joined because someone left right?

And here's the nail in the coffin.

"I joined because someone left..." You used this point to further back up the point that to know that Absol was Arayoshi... I'd have to be Misa or L.

So you think this gives me reason to be a potential target?...

Spoiler:

And what if I told you that you're only half right? What if I told you that it's possible for me to be L... but impossible for me to be Misa?!

*Court Murmurs.*

I replaced someone because they were kicked for inactivity. Do you know what this means? It means yes I inherit my predecessors role... but it also means that said predecessor was inactive in the game, it means that the person whom came before me was not contributing to the game as a whole!

Look at L's role... he investigates once per night... he can submit a public report once a day. Yet look! We have nobody calling judgment on anybodies affinity... we have not a single person claiming the name of L for themselves and nobody accusing anyone as a result!

For all we know Ryu was the original L... he was kicked for inactivity... Shak followed suit and then there was me. You're right, I could have sussed out Absol's identity because I was L and I could just be biding my time. I could be L.

But the same is not true for Misa! There were hints about Misa preforming an action in the Opening Posts of multiple days before I even joined the game. You following my logic yet? Or should I slow it down since before now you clearly didn't understand before?

Misa was all but confirmed to be active before I got here. Therefore whomever is Misa could not have been kicked for inactivity. Therefore I could not take her place.

In other words, it is one hundred percent guaranteed that I am not Misa! Take that!

In fact think about it... if I replaced someone whom was kicked for inactivity? Then it's completely impossible for me to possess any idealist role that was confirmed as active before my joining.

So thank you Johnny. You showed everyone that I could, as much as anyone else, hold one of the most valuable roles in the game for the innocents... you also gave me all the material I needed to prove beyond a single shred of doubt that I am not any of the idealist roles that have been confirmed as active.

You also gave me a reason to go digging and to find some pretty suss thought formulas surrounding you as well.

And before you tell me that it's all conjecture? So is everything you have on me. So you'd best think about that point a little harder.

Does this give you wild animals enough of an excuse to cancel your stupid bandwagon? If not then seriously, go ahead and arrest me. If you're really still willing to lock me up after all of this then I give up anyway... nothing I could possibly do could help secure a victory for you if you're making decisions based on what evidence there is against me.

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
    Spoiler:

[ARREST] Ullion

Also, I would like to ask who else got an anonymous message the other day.

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    Going to be working for a while tomorrow, and I need to vote :c

[Arrest] Nimsy

because I know they won't bw this :) i want you to live

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I think the most suss people would be those who came in only jump on a bandwagon that's currently happening against an innocent without any explanation why they followed such a bandwagon. x:

There are cases in which innocent roles come in, read through the posts, and figured there's nothing more to add and just write in a vote with their reasons. Although, most of us playing DNM might've been scared away by the insanely long posts between our 2 attorneys haha.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    If we go for that logic then that doesn't mean he's innocent, if he knew that Absol was Arayoshi then that could mean he's Misa, or L.

That hint in the post makes you two the only options for now, unless you can find a better option you 2 are the most suss by now.

I always suspect of inactive users who just comes in to vote, there are a few, but even those aren't better options than you two.

That's not what I mean. I never once said that Deceptio knew that Absol is Arayoshi. Quite the contrary, I said he thought she was innocent. That means he didn't know. Please read my post carefully. Both you and Deceptio are wrong, he never knew Absol was Arayoshi, therefore in your logic, "he can't be L or Misa"

That hint sucks. We don't even know if they're talking about us, for all we know it could be Twiggy and you. How do you even know it's us? There's absolutely nothing that says it's us to be honest.

Also I believe Ulli just made a wrong call, I don't really think he's guilty to be honest.

Uh, I think Deceptio just said everything there is to know.

[kill] JohnnyMustang

Deceptio is right, you are a bit...suspicious. Can you just tell us how will you prove that you're innocent?

Years
    I wanna get a vote in before this phase ends since it's game over for me if I don't, so I'll

[Arrest] Ullion

It was a 3-way tie between Ullion, Deceptio, and JohnnyMustang for me, but if Deceptio is really L, then that'd look really bad and I'm not suspecting Johnny as much as Ullion at this point.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    You can stop deffending and following Deceptio so blindly. I don't have to prove my innocence yet, if You were really into the game You would know why. Look at my post with impartiality please.Also, the only two players that hadta shown any kind of coordination are You and Deceptio.

Spoiler:

That's the best you can do? Insult me and say nothing important? AND ignoring everything I said?

I will repeat: prove to me. Prove that that hint points to me and Deceptio. Don't make me quote Shia. JUST DO IT!

Second...am I defending Deceptio so blindly or are you accusing him so blindly? Because well...your last post only includes insults. Mr. Mustang if you want to accuse someone, do it with evidence.

And no, my friend, if you were really into the game you would know why I asked you that. You are a suspect now. I think you should prove your innocence, am I correct? Besides, I already told you, please read my posts carefully. I said I want to know HOW you are going to prove, not reveal yourself.

Me and Deceptio? Coordination? I want to remind you that first time we met we had an argument. Don't you remember?

Oh and remember when he was so afraid that mafia would kill him because he thought Misa investigated him? That clears him a bit, am I correct?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    ...this day went nowhere -_-

We have a bandwagon against Deceptio because of something in the day post, a bandwagon against Ullion for voting for Deceptio, and Johnny is being accused by Deceptio because he was wrong about some things throughout the game.

Out of everything though, the bandwagon against Ulli stands out to me the most, which makes [Arrest]Twiggy my best bet, because the reason he gave seems very suspicious...

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Either the other innocents in this game are completely dumb, or this bandwagon against me is sponsored by the mafia. This is completely ridiculous, the people here who are reasonable (Seth, Deceptio, Myself, Cathy, maybe a few others?) have to come to an agreement on who to lynch together. Otherwise I die and we're just shooting ourselves in the foot against the mafia.

On the likely chance that I'll die (because you guys are seriously dropping the ball here), look at:

Twiggy
    Nimsy
    Fun Size
    Gunner
    Bardothren

as suspect. Especially Twiggy. Seriously guys. And I'll let you guys right now, hold onto this list tight, because I am not mafia and so they are okay with BWing me.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    [Arrest] Twiggy

I'm not getting anything out of the latest day phase post, so I'll trust in Ullion and Twiggy's post-and-go playstyle.

Back