• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen DId You Even Finish The Game?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • In my opinion, ORAS definitely lived up to most of its expectations though of course like any pokemon game nowadays, i can't say that its the perfect game of this generation. It still definitely has some of the flaws it left over from its contemporary such as the really broken EXP share, and the fact that the gym leaders were basically copy-pasted from classic R/S, because honestly, I thought that the Emerald versions of the Hoenn gym leaders were a huge improvement to their lineups (especially Tate and Liza, whose Emerald version is the most fun gym battle in any pokemon game i know of, but sadly, its a missed opportunity in ORAS. Seriously 6th gen version of Emerald Tate and Liza would probably be incredible). Also, it seems that this generation of pokemon games will now be defined to cater more for those who want to play competitive with the super training and all (much more efficient methods of EV Training) and a bigger focus on competitive interest, which sadly leaves a little less content for the CASSSUAAALZZZZ (or the players who enjoy the game more for the adventure and not for the player vs player interest) (may include myself but I live well enough for Battle Frontier and a bit of RU, UU, OU, and UBER battles with my friends and acquaintances)

Super training is great and all, but i find it hilarious to go super train on an E4 member's room to toughen up some stats on the go. (and yeah Super Training kinda makes playing through the game easier than it sounds. Optimizing and maxing out stats if pokemon as early as before Winona is kinda broken in a sense, especially if one is lucky enough to get dem SMOGON natures on their in-game team (Modest, Adamant, Jolly, Impish)

Now to be really on topic, as the thread title states, I definitely went on to finish the initial part of the game (8 Badges, Primal Mascot, 1st run vs the Elite Four and Steven), but i spent more hours exploring and catching more pokemon with the expanded DexNav after the Primal Mascot event. With an overall play time of 100:00 hours before tackling the E4 and Champion pre-Delta episode, I could say that I really did my best to make my money's worth.

So yeah, the money i spent to get a 2nd hand 3ds from a friend and the extra money to get the game (Alpha Sapphire here) was worth the pennies (and currency) spent.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2015
    I have not beat it yet no, it has taken a small backseat as I try to go for the nationaldex in X so I can has all dem Legendary Pokemon in ORAS shiny! Or at least easier to get them shiny. That and I like collecting soooooo XD But I do plan to beat the game someday :)

Bay

Years
  • I was able to finish Alpha Sapphire's main story and Delta Episode within a couple weeks. After that went to catch some legendaries and visited the Battle Resort a bit, though I skipped the Battle Maison for now. I haven't done contests yet, but I might try that next when I get back playing AS (distracted with other games and real life stuff at the moment haha).

There are some parts that I wished were added like gym rematches, better opportunities for certain characters, and better post-game material that isn't a copy/paste Battle Maison. Overall though I love it and I thought there were some areas the remakes did much better than the original ones like Steven and the Team Aqua/Team Magma characters fleshed out more. Your rival is still their very nice self but more tolerable than in the originals. I have the same feelings with Wally in that while I would like more appearances for him, I think he's better this time around. A few people mentioned Sea Mauville's backstory and I really liked that too. The Delta Episode has some very interesting concepts and I thought it's a good follow up to the main story.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • I've been pretty lazy. I haven't even gotten the 4th gym badge yet. I was really looking forward to these remakes, but I'm super burnt out on Hoenn. I've played through Emerald too many times. It'll probably be awhile before I beat the game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    I've beaten the entire game including the Delta Episode, caught all legendaries and I also beat the Pokemon Contests as well. For me I really loved ORAS.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    as a fan of rse, i can say that the hype was strong for oras. however, i still haven't finished the game. i played for about a week, then stopped right after beating flannery. i don't think it's because it didn't live up to my expectations, but more a question of lack of time and not being able to stay as focused on video games as i used to when i was a kid. :pink_confused:

i do plan on getting back into the game at some point, though.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I wasn't too excited for the game to come out and I haven't beaten it since I got it (which was when it first came out). I actually haven't touched it in months.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2015
    I haven't finished it yet, mostly because I'm not in love with the team I was using to defeat the gyms. So I'm trying to work out a better combination for the E4, but I got distracted flying around on Mega Latias and catching the legendaries. And then by Assassin's Creed and breeding in Pokémon X...

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I didn't play RSE (started with Pearl) so it was awesome to finally play Hoenn after my DS wouldn't accept the Game Boy cartridge.

That said, I'm quite a competitive battler and soft resetting for Latios (and soon to be Latias) for good IV's became so tedious that I contemplated filling up all my boxes. That is no small task lemme tell you that.

Now that I've got a good one (it's missing 1-3 iv's in HP and Def so nothing major) I've been able to continue with the story :) I do understand where people come from though...the water routes are a bit...long. I genuinely have more fun when I play X/Y.

Years
  • Does anyone else feel like this is sort of like what happened with XY? Because the hype for that was massive, and then in mid-2014 its fandom started to die out. And i'm feeling like the same thing is happening here - we have the people who still think it's awesome, while we're also met with those who didn't even finish it.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Ok I finally finished the Delta Episode and i think it was pretty worth it i really liked Zinnia haha but the story was so easy and fast i would have liked a better challenge haha but im just glad i finally finished the game!

Years
  • Personally I got hooked towards the end of the game. There I believe the plot really starts to flare and I found myself unable to put the game down from the 7th gym onward. Also, the Delta Episode is easily my favorite part of the game, really hope they (Game Freak) will continue on and incorporate some of the characters from ORAS into a future game.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I got AS on release day and it took until Feb 2015 for me to beat the game.
    In Dec 2014, I got OR.. which I haven't beaten yet because it's not very fun :\

Don't get me wrong, I love RSE, but I think it's because I've played it so much in the past, it's just not fun anymore.
    I love the new features and all, but the storyline is such a chore.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I haven't finished yet but that's mainly because I've been really busy! I got it on the morning of release day (...partially so I could say I got it before most of the forum I was on at the time haha) but didn't play it much at the end of last year due to exams/travelling errywhere. Last month I played it pretty often and I've now got 6 badges, but then work and uni got hectic again. Things have quietened down a bit now so I should be able to finish the game soon :D

Back