• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you click on advertisements?

Do you click on advertisements?

• Yes

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 59 92.2%

• Total voters

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • Nope. Just installed Ad block plus but wierdly enough, I can still see the ones up the top of PC. Anyone know what is wrong?

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I never click on advertisements. :(

I do like to play those little flash games they have in some advertising banners. :D

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • No. God no.

All these advertisements do is hand out free viruses. I'm a supporter so I don't see many adverts anyway. I've never clicked an advertisement on this forum, another forum or any site for that matter. Sometimes I do want to find out more about it, but I Google it instead of clicking the advertisement.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I only ever click on ads if it's a very interesting one and that generally doesn't apply. Besides, I have AdBlock Plus installed so I don't even see ads now online, let alone be able to click them.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • It depends, really. If it's one of those "HEY, YOU'VE JUST WON ____! CLICK TO RECEIVE YOUR PRIZE!" then of course not. 99% of those are obvious scams, and the remaining 1% is a virus. However, if I see one advertising an interesting, free MMORPG, then I'm tempted to click.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Shoot no!
    I Donate to PC whenever I can to offset the cost of me blocking all the adverts with my Adblockers

The supporter perks are just a new thing. :D (was a donator wayy back in the day when all you got was a diff color name)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nope. Just installed Ad block plus but wierdly enough, I can still see the ones up the top of PC. Anyone know what is wrong?
    Maybe you haven't activated it properly? Check your browser settings.

I use Adblock plus too. Love that one~ I can think some sites look good and feel nice, when others complain about the adverts XD

Cid

Years
  • Nope, but I do when it's interesting. I guess it would be if it were related to games, or maybe something worth checking out.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • I don't see any advertisements.. I see 'em when I'm using IE, but not with FF.

I guess I must have added some type of ad-block plug-in a long time ago :D I don't really remember.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I don't see any advertisements.. I see 'em when I'm using IE, but not with FF.

I guess I must have added some type of ad-block plug-in a long time ago :D I don't really remember.
    I use ad blockplus also,that's why ads never pop up,even if there was I would never click on them uh,cause It can lead to viruses like everyone else says..

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • They're very often viruses and/or computer tracker type devices, so no I do not. Just go straight for the little x in the corner and you're golden.

And now they're starting to put ads in the middle of YouTube videos and on some XBox/Wii video games. It's kind of obnoxious.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Never. Unless I do it accidentally. D: I don't want to risk it being something harmful to the laptop. >_o

Back